It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• dihydrocodeine

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-15-2008, 11:15 PM   #1
    lorraine666
    (female)

lorraine666 HB User
    dihydrocodeine

what is the difference between dihydrocodeine 30mg and the 60mg?? have been taking it for years but last week the doctor prescribed me 60mg D.H.C continus dihydrocodeine and it doesnt seem to have the same effect as the 30mg for some strange reason. it doesnt give me that good feeling and energy you get with the lower strength????
    please can you give me some advice on this. it is taking away my pains on legs when i dont have the tablets every day but apart from that it doesnt feel like i have taken any.

thankyou

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-16-2008, 04:36 AM   #2
    diamondgirl19
    (female)

diamondgirl19 HB User
    Re: dihydrocodeine

I think the difference is that your doctor has now given you a longer acting (continuous) medication which releases slower into your body. The lower dose tablets were shorter acting so you felt a buzz when you took them.

Just my guess since I have never heard of dihydrocodeine before.

Old 03-17-2008, 07:02 PM   #3
    lorraine666
    (female)

lorraine666 HB User

hi diamond girl

Thank you for replying to my question diamond girl. Brian already said what you just mentioned so thanks for the good advice because it really puzzled me, i really miss the effects the lower dosage gave me though so if your ever prescribed these tablets then please don"t start taking them as they are highly addictive.

lorraine xx

Old 03-18-2008, 04:59 AM   #4
    SpinalMalady
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SpinalMalady HB UserSpinalMalady HB User

Hi Lorraine:

Just wanted to offer my support over here on the Addiction and Recovery board and let you know that even though I rarely post on here, I read daily because of the losses in my life that drugs and alcohol have played a part in. My brother died at the age of 33 from alcohol, and two very dear friends died due to drug overdoses, and as I mentioned on the Pain Management Board, one of them left a very prescious child without a mother.

I just wanted to let you know that these folks on this board are awesome, and offer wonderful support to each other, and I'm sure have a lot of support in store for you.

I'm really glad to see you here. Good luck again, and God Bless.

12/10/04 MicroD & Hemi Lami 100% Success
    09/05 Re-injured post Katrina
    06-07 In Pain Mgmt. trying to deal
    3/9/07 2 Level PLIF due to CES

Old 04-20-2008, 04:03 PM   #5
    hapy jack
    (male)

hapy jack HB User

Hi there spinal are you in the UK? i ask this because in the USA they dont seem to use dihydrocodeine (DF118) its all oxycodone and oxycontin. I'm on dihydrocdeine myself, i'm also a recovering addict. Im pretty certain that the 60ml DF's are slow release which is why you are not getting the high you were getting on the 30s. What you should be doing is measuring the pain you are in and is the 60ml slow release doing its job? If your pain is under control thats great because it sounds like you may have been developing a psychological addiction to the 30mls, obviously your'e missing that buzz but trust me you dont want to carry on chasing that feeling because for a while everythings great and life feels good but it does not last, its a conman that promises great things but then turns round and takes everything you have!!! I hope your doing ok on the slow release because dihydrocodeine is addictive physically and mentally, its just a mild form of morphiene(heroin). good luck stay to suggested dose and be carefull not to go looking to get high....

Closed Thread