It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• Norco and joint pain?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-10-2008, 12:05 AM   #1
    bobokitty
    (female)

bobokitty HB User
    Red face Norco and joint pain?

Sorry if I'm in the wrong place, I'm new and am not really sure how or where to ask my question. Here it is...(sorry for the long intro) I have moderate to severe chronic pain. I have three herniated disks in my neck and I'm an artist by trade which means that I frequently have my arm up for many hours at a time which always adds to the pain. Anyways, I've been addicted to pain killers for about ten years now. It started with 5-6 Vicodin a day for quite a few years, then shot up to as many as 20-30/day. The doctor thought my liver was going to explode from the Acetominophin so he put me on Oxycontin. I started out taking 4 40mg/day and ended up at 8 80mg/day plus morphine tabs when the pain was extra bad. After taking the Oxy for a while I started having severe joint pain in literally every joint. I got off Oxy, was so sick from wd's that I was hospitalized for a while and threw up for two weeks straight. Nightmare!!! Now I am taking Norco. I try to stay under 12 pills a day but it's climbing. I'm at anywhere from 12-20 now and my joints are starting to hurt again. Has anyone else experienced severe joint pain from opiates? Also, I need to get off the Norco now. Any advice on whether to simply get off or should I attempt to go the suboxone/subutex route? I really don't want to be a drug addict but I'm often consumed with pain. Any suggestions/advice? Thank you for reading this!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread