It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• need help here PLEASE

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-07-2008, 09:52 AM   #76
    jerry111165a
    Veteran
    (male)

jerry111165a HB User
    Re: need help here PLEASE

E, good morning.

Reach is more tactful than I...*wry smile*

Man, I know how scary full blown withdrawls can be. Makes me cringe.
    BUT...the tapering will be more important than you know.
    I know how scary this is for you. I really do. I think you're attitude is right but am just scared of the whole thing, am I right?

We'll be right here for you thru this, but you do need to take that first step.Keep thinking about the big prize at the end. When I say its worth it to "not sit and suffer", I mean it bro. I feel so good right now compared th what I used to. I'd like to see you have that,too.

Keep posting. And remeber, baby steps.

jerry.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2008, 06:41 AM   #77
    eldogg
    (male)

eldogg HB User

i called the detox and asked what they would use/the method to get me off of such high doses and they told me surprise surprise,that its the taper method.so i think i will take your advice and try hard to gt off some of it anyway,so from now on its only two a day for me no matter how hard it gets,i hope i have the will power to succeed thats a major problem for me,and how to overcome it is out of my reach,for now anyway.And jerry you hit the nail on the head when you said i am scared of the whole process,'cause i am and really don't know why i know its going to be a better life for me when i am done buts its hard to keep the anxiety and the panic attacks under control,when i think of not being on my morphine I start to sweat real bad and my head starts to spin and i almost pass out,its real scary man i can tell you that,just sittin here writing about it makes me feel like that and i start to shake real bad,and i cann't stop it from happening.but i must go cause i got nuttin else to say,so good day to all.bbig HUGZ all

Old 06-08-2008, 08:03 AM   #78
    jerry111165a
    Veteran
    (male)

jerry111165a HB User

Hang in there, pal.

Remember...little bits....baby steps. Cutting back even the tiniest bit will help immensly. Not enuff to make you real sick, ok?
    Shavings less will help.

I'll check back later.

Oh....most important...PRAY.

peace, and God Bless.
    jerry.

Last edited by jerry111165a; 06-08-2008 at 08:04 AM.

Old 06-08-2008, 11:34 AM   #79
    eldogg
    (male)

eldogg HB User

yeah itty bitty does the trick,'cause i cann't go from 6-700mgs too two man what was i thinkin, thats nuts i'd be in the er for sure then.I think i will do what i had planed and cut at least a hole pill or 1/2 a day and that might help.its gonna make me sick no metter how much i cut i think,cause i am so used to maintaining that reg: dose,rite?the bad thing is,is that they are always so close to me, all the TIME,and thats why i am so looking forward to the rehab program so that i can get away from them and break that habbit of them being my net,downfall or what ever.and i get them for FREE thats the wrong thing,thats what i have been hidding from you guys and now its out there,.......ohhhh man that feels good.
    but now that that is out i need to eat i think ,some chocolate,another addiction,lol.see yall eh.LOL

Old 06-08-2008, 04:49 PM   #80
    reachout
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User

Hi El

Just a friendly opinion here, El.... cut one pill and then give yoursself a few days to level out. If you cut out one pill every single day, I believe you are going to fast find yourself in full withdrawal. Also, by leveling out, we are much less apt to ever go back up on the dose again.

Work hard, but don't work so hard that it is beyond reasonable. Okay?

Love
    reach

Old 06-08-2008, 06:52 PM   #81
    eldogg
    (male)

eldogg HB User

i thought about that to and you are rite i would just end up back on it again if i cut too much,and thats been proven before i know that.i hope and pray that it works out this time sooo much its unbeleiveable.thanks reach it helps to pat my plan down good with people there to tell me the flaws,this way it may work better.
    so nite nite all and see you all in the morn.

Old 06-10-2008, 05:45 AM   #82
    jerry111165a
    Veteran
    (male)

jerry111165a HB User

*just peekin' in on ya.*

jerry.

Old 06-11-2008, 06:56 PM   #83
    eldogg
    (male)

eldogg HB User

hey yall i have been doin good,found out that it helps to keep myself really occupied like ,so i got no time to think about pills i actually went 24 hours without i was counting the hours after work but it wasn't that bad,a little sick but my woman helped me alot,to keep me pre-occupied.if my body is to busy to do drugs that leaves my mind to control,and that is a bit harder but not impossible and i am actually enjoying it.life was so much more clear w/out the dope and i can tell you i like it and think of it as my new addiction and that drives me forward,i have so much to live for and so much living left to do!i don't want to die early as a JUNKIE and it hurts to know that i let myself get this far,'cause i have always been smart,i guess i thought i was to smart to let it happen to me and man was i wrong.I have to admit it is going to be hard 'cause i have been on drugs PILLs especially for 10 years , now it has become a life style which will be hard to change but i now understand thart i have peps to help like YOU guys{thanks} and my fam:and know that i have to change my thought patterns for this to work and it was like a light went off in my head when i went 24 hours w/out,an eppifony you could say and i think god had a hand in it and i have never been really religious,like i worship my own way,maybe i am crazy but lying with the woman i love more than anything and thinking of the future gave me more of a high than any drug could ever offer,its like now i see,and i have a tone of work to do so i can be free of this beast but i will ,and when i do watch out wourld here i come.i even thought about kids and how much of a BUZZ that must be and now i want to know what that buzz is like,i have so much to work for ,Reach you said it early on in this thread "take the bulls buy the horns,you have so much life to live"and DARLIN you where sooooooo rite,i can honestly say i love you guys on here you have helped way more than you know,and my girlfriend says hi and "THANK YOU" for givin me my man back" she says my thinking has changed soo much in the last week since we agreed to take a break that it is meraculous and she says i owe it all to you guys cause it really started when i found this site,i cann't wait to get a clean life to see what it is actually like.i think this time i can do it myself and thats not B.Sin mysdelf eighter.i pray it will work,what do i mean ,it will work,i can do this.OHH YEAH,BRING IT ON,as you can tell it was a real good last couple of days,hope it continues!!!!!!

Old 06-12-2008, 03:07 AM   #84
    jerry111165a
    Veteran
    (male)

jerry111165a HB User

Any word on the detox?

Bro, you need to TAPER. Just quitting for 24 hours at a time wont work...you need to slowly get the crap out of you...slowly my friend.
    have you been tapering at all?

keep posting.

jerry.

Old 06-12-2008, 03:14 PM   #85
    coldlevinexi
    (female)

coldlevinexi HB User

I'm with Jerry, going off slowly is eaiser on your system and will and won't shock you. It's pretty amazing to hear how this site helped you so much, and that you have a future to look forward to.

Wish you the best of luck and hope these guys on here continue to do whatever they're doing, though I don't think you'll have to worry about that.

Old 06-12-2008, 06:09 PM   #86
    reachout
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User

Hi El

Glad to hear you had some straight time.... good to get a taste of what is in store for you on a daily basis when sobriety becomes a reality for you! I have no doubt it is going to serve you well in working harder than ever to reach full sobriety, have your well being restored, and get on with the best life has to offer.

There is so much good in life for us. I believe we just lose sight of it and even the craving for it when we are so deep into addiction. It was good to read tonight that some new cravings for life, real life, are stirring in you. Quite amazing, isn't it?

I think you should print out that post and put it in your wallet so you can see it often to remind you of what you are working towards. When the going gets tough, read it to remember the thrill of feeling the wonder of life again.

And El? I agree that God has had a hand in this. I believe it with all my heart.

Manana, Buddy
    reach

Last edited by reachout; 06-12-2008 at 06:09 PM. Reason: sp

Old 06-13-2008, 10:32 AM   #87
    jerry111165a
    Veteran
    (male)

jerry111165a HB User

Yo,E, just checkin in on ya.

take care.

jerry.