It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• 3 days off Oxycontin, How much longer??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-24-2008, 11:05 AM   #16
    dorskin
    (male)

dorskin HB User
    Re: 3 days off Oxycontin, How much longer??

Day 7

I am doing great!! Well....75% but that's a quite a bit better than before. My family can see the changes and they are very happy. My mood is not so temperamental as the wife can attest. I have a full schedule of things to do today and I can't wait to get out there.

Take care
    d

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-27-2008, 08:41 AM   #17
    dorskin
    (male)

dorskin HB User

DAY 10

The meds are completely out of my system and I am doing great! Had a good weekend, though the weather didn't cooperate.

Thank you all for the support and advice as it really helped.

d

Old 05-27-2008, 12:27 PM   #18
    jerry111165a
    Veteran
    (male)

jerry111165a HB User

Dorskin, thank goodness,huh?
    Doesnt it feel sooooo good after being used to the meds for so long....

Congrats,man. Keep up the good work.

jerry.

Old 05-27-2008, 04:37 PM   #19
    dorskin
    (male)

dorskin HB User

Ya I never thought the day would come when I was feeling "normal" again. Thanks again for the support, it really helped me out. I will still go to the meetings and hope to find out why I abused the medication.

Take care all, I will check in with updates

d

Old 06-10-2008, 06:21 PM   #20
    georgi
    (female)

georgi HB User

How you doing dorskin???
    Wishing the best for you

Old 06-11-2008, 01:36 PM   #21
    dorskin
    (male)

dorskin HB User

Hey there, checking in. I am on day 25 and doing great. I got a sponsor now and we will start working the steps. Im very excited Im clean and plan to stay that way. I had to let ppl around me know and, for the most part, ppl have been very supportive. I did cut off all the ppl around me that use, but I had to do that.

So all in all things are going great. Work is a lot better and the relationships with family and friends has vastly improved. I do get nightmares of use but am happy that I wake with the feeling of anxiety and regret that I used, and not try to get back asleep to use again. If that makes sense. If I get high in my dream I feel bad cause I let my family and myself down

Anywho, I hope ppl are doing well.

d

Old 06-11-2008, 02:13 PM   #22
    jerry111165a
    Veteran
    (male)

jerry111165a HB User

Hey Dorskin, just had to pipe in.

I'm in the same exact situation as you. Feels great, doesnt it? It IS so very exciting...just like you, work has VASTLY improved, and just like you my relationships with ALL that mean anything to me has also gotten so much better.

I have a couple months clean off of the oxys now. it does indeed get so much better, and in fact easier every day.

Keep up the great work, because I do know that its work sometimes and

God Bless.

peace.

jerry.

Old 06-11-2008, 06:12 PM   #23
    FullCircle08
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

FullCircle08 HB User

Hey bud --I also had to chime in. You are doing so great. I am 95 days clean from the exact same amount of OXY. It only gets better as long as you make it better. What I mean is that take each day by day and try to make one of your dreams come true. Work on it and make it happen. We so much now that we arent fully consumed by GETTING the next pill.

D

Old 06-13-2008, 06:23 AM   #24
    dorskin
    (male)

dorskin HB User

Day 27 and its a great day

I have been watching the boards and taken from them a sense of group unity. We are all suffering from this deadly disease and the only hope is faith. Faith that we CAN live clean. For me that was one of the biggest hurdles and the fear of the unknown is what fueled my use. FEAR use to be Forget Everything And Run, my sponsor has taught me it should be Face Everything And Recover. I like that. Life is going to happen and there is nothing I can do to stop it. What I can do is live for today and that is what Im doing.

With all the things going on in my life now I sometimes think there aren't enough hours in the day for meetings and step work. But

I will remember that my life is a miracle. Instead of resenting how busy I am, I will be thankful my life is so full.

Thank you all for the awesome support you've given me and I hope to someday repay it to an addict who is suffering.

Last edited by dorskin; 06-13-2008 at 08:01 AM. Reason: Fixed language, my bad

Old 06-17-2008, 07:41 PM   #25
    dorskin
    (male)

dorskin HB User

Day 31 off OC

Well today has been one of my biggest challenges. That old urge to call my guy and get something hit, and it hit hard. I found out some things today that really upset me. I called my sponsor and he helped me out a lot. He told me to call some ppl and get some more advice. I have calmed down now but one of his assignments for me was to write what I was feeling. I have some rage issues and knew that I couldn't talk to the person that wronged me. And instead of that rage turning inward and becoming depression, I wrote, and wrote. After 5 pages I had what I wanted to say out and felt the tension subsiding.

good things
    d

Old 06-18-2008, 04:48 PM   #26
    daiseyjane36
    (female)

daiseyjane36 HB User

WOW great job!Keep up the good work!
    Daisey

Old 06-20-2008, 07:52 PM   #27
    pingeye2
    (male)

pingeye2 HB User

I just wanted to chime in and congratulate you. I noticed how great things are going for you and it really makes my recovery that much easier knowing that others are going through the same thing and feeling the same way. I also noticed that your at day 31 and you had a bad day. I have had quite a staggered recovery andthe one thing that always happens to me is that aroudn the 3 to 4 week mark things all of a sudden start creeping up on me again. I start to have that internal debate with myself that I am now cured and I am now able to tolerate just a pill or two and it will not develop into a full out addiction. I just want to remind you to be extra vigalent during this time and really work your recovery steps overtime....meetings, writing , etc. I am very proud of your progress and I hope all is well.

Old 06-21-2008, 11:49 AM   #28
    dorskin
    (male)

dorskin HB User

Thanks for the support Ping. I was riding on that pink cloud and smacked me. I told my sponsor about all that is going and am calling ppl. Another thing came up yesterday, went to restroom at work and it was the stall I used in. I came out and went straight to my cubicle and started "cleaning". What I was doing was looking for an OC, hoping that I somehow left one behind. After 10 minutes of picking up I realized what I was doing. I got up, went for a walk and called someone. I am committed to get through this and I know these feelings of wanting to use will continue. I just need to recognize when they happen and read my book, call my sponsor or another member in NA.

My family is telling me I am a completely different person. I am much more tolerant of things around me and no longer fly off the handle at the smallest little thing. If things get rough and I dont want to chat, I'll go hit a bucket of balls or try to get in a quick 9. I cant golf angry so I find it very therapeutic.

Thanks again and today is Day 35 clean

Old 06-21-2008, 07:38 PM   #29
    pingeye2
    (male)

pingeye2 HB User

its funny that you mention golf of course my SN gave it away but Before I started using I was an avid golfer and as time went by and my addiction became stronger and stronger golf took a back seat. However now that I am clean I am golfing about 4 or 5 tiems a week and I really think it has helped my recovery. It is always good to stay busy during recovery and golf sure does take up a lot of time. My favorite time to use would be after work in the late afternoon, so now that is my favorite time to golf. The course is empty and it is so quiet and peacful out there.

I can also relate to your "cleaning." Most of the time I would end up using in my car right after I would pick up. After about 3 or 4 days of not using I "cleaned" out my car. Obvioulsy i was not too worried about actually cleaning. Of course this is ridiculous because as you and I both know when you are using every Mg of OC is used and accounted for.

Congratulations again on day 35. 35 days of not using is like 35 individual battles and so far you have won every one. Keep me updated on your progress as I will keep you updated of mine. KEEP IT UP!!!!

Old 06-23-2008, 09:20 AM   #30
    dorskin
    (male)

dorskin HB User

Hey Ping, its great to speak to a fellow golfer who I can relate to. For me, the course was a big place of use for me. Smoking green on the greens was a favorite term for me, and the pills were always something that I figured I needed to make it thru 18. I am happy to report I played, and walked, 18 on Sunday. I was amazed I went 45-40, and my back/sciatic didn't really start hurting til the 16th. I took some Aleve before teeing off and again at the 16th. I am thinking of talking to Dr and see if there is something else I should be taking cause I will not stop golfing. and now that I see I can walk 18 and not be crippled, I will be playing more.

I had a meeting over the weekend and got my 30 day keychain. I also made the group my "home group" and i felt the love. The ppl are great and I am doing really well.

I will keep posting cause these desires to use aren't going anywhere anytime soon. I am seeing that I dont need to use to do well. Its great to hear how well you are doing Ping, keep it up!!!

Thanks everyone, more to come.......I'll be in touch

d

Closed Thread