It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• Detoxing from Opiates with Suboxone

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-07-2008, 05:58 PM   #16
    reachout
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User
    Re: Detoxing from Opiates with Suboxone

Hello Joel

Joel, I am disappointed for you, but certainly not in you. It happened. Can't change it. Time to Giddyup and get back on the horse, Buddy.

I know that this may be hard for you to understand and accept at the moment, but even in using again, there are signs that progress is being made in you. Your own sadness and guilt at using are not being outweighed by a high. The straight thinking is starting to get stronger then if you can be feeling the sadness of using here. That is a good thing. And you straight up posted what happened instead if trying to hide from it and just stop posting. These things are progress, Joel.

So. Tomorrow is a new day and a new time of hope to get moving forward again. What can be done new tomorrow to help insure you don't use? The first thing that pops into my head are Phoenix' words... "When in doubt, post it out." An urge to use hits and it is a great time to get on here and share. The writing it out alone may help curb the urge. Knowing that caring people will respond will help.

You know, Joel, I am passionate in my feelings about how we can help each other through this board. Gotta tell you, though, that I am also passionate about needing real, live people to help also. So maybe another new tool you might use is to call a helpline and talk to a real person when that urge hits.

<removed>

I think that more safety nets need to be put into place for you. Lose any contact numbers and block any calls from numbers that are harmful to you. Change your phone number if need be. That is easy enough to do.

Last edited by mod-anon; 06-08-2008 at 12:15 AM. Reason: do not discuss other forums

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-07-2008, 06:15 PM   #17
    mogj3222
    Inactive
    (male)

mogj3222 HB User

Hey Reach, thank you for taking the time to care, it feel sgood to hear words of encouragement. <removed>

Last edited by mod-anon; 06-08-2008 at 12:15 AM. Reason: do not discuss other forums

Old 06-10-2008, 12:02 AM   #18
    cakesluvscheeks
    (female)

cakesluvscheeks HB User

Hey Joel, I hope this reaches you in good health and spirits. I understand how you're feeling but don't despair. It takes time to learn things. That includes sobriety. Don't beat yourself up. When learning how to ride a bike I bet you fell a bunch of times before you could ride without falling huh? The only time you truly fail is when you stop trying. I see you trying Joel and I believe you CAN do this. Start the day new and leave behind what happened yesterday...in yesterday. You posting on here shows me that you WANT change, and that's outstanding. You're headed in the right direction. Keep your head up and your feet planted. You have people here who care about you and know exactly what you're going through. Please don't give up on you...I haven't. I'll be praying for you.

Peace Love and Skittles
    Have a Grateful Day

Old 06-10-2008, 01:31 AM   #19
    jerry111165a
    Veteran
    (male)

jerry111165a HB User

Joel, dont you dare go anywhere, you stay right here where you belong and are among friends in the same boat.

relapse,ha! Done it many times. It takes those times to learn, tho, joel.
    This is not an immediate1 day or 2 week thing at all. This is an ongoing process, for me, after a couple months sometimes still day by day. I'll always be an addict, but I will not always use. I hope and want to never use again, but God forbid if i ever did, I'd be jumping right back on that bicycle or horse or whatever the case may be.
    Man, we've all been there done that. Dust yourself off,bro.
    Sobriety can be a bumpy, but very,very fulfilling ride.

I'll look back in. You take care.

Oh, btw, praying really helps.

peace.

jerry.

Old 06-10-2008, 03:59 PM   #20
    mogj3222
    Inactive
    (male)

mogj3222 HB User

Thanks Jerry Every day I try and every day i fail, but i hope to get it right one of these times!

Old 06-10-2008, 10:17 PM   #21
    kellibear
    (female)

kellibear HB User

joel, why don't you give sub a shot?? it will at least give you time to get a support system going--have you gone to na yet?? you can't do this alone--and NO, the internet is no substitution for meetings!! you gotta do something different if you want recovery!!

Closed Thread