HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Addiction & Recovery (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/addiction-recovery/)
-   -   can you sweat methadone out of your system (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/addiction-recovery/616055-can-you-sweat-methadone-out-your-system.html)

pipdaddy94 07-08-2008 08:20 PM

can you sweat methadone out of your system

can you sweat methadone out of your system

Friend999 07-09-2008 02:31 PM

Re: can you sweat methadone out of your system

I am mostly just posting to bring this to the top since you have not had any replies yet. Please keep monitoring your question because many wonderful people on this forum will reply.

Methodone has a long half life, plus is lodged in all parts of your body. Sweating it out, sorry I don't know, but would only guess yes. Many swear by exercise though, but that is mostly to cause the body to make up it's own endorphins that cause pleasure. Yes pleasure from exercise. Try it.

Friend999

Yossarian22 07-09-2008 03:41 PM

i noticed when i'd done a 'hard' days work (physical) that my methadone didnt hold me towards the end of the day. As for sweating it out of your system completely - this will take quite a few days. it is synthetic and stays in the body longer than most opiates.

hope this helps

tina76 07-11-2008 12:23 PM

Not that I had any experience with and I was methadone for awhile. Not saying it isn't possible. But like the other reply said, it stays in your system longer and in a different way than opiates. If I'm not mistaken, from memory, I believe it settles in your bones and can take up to two weeks to leave your system. Which would make my best "guestimate" that I wouldn't think it would easily be sweat out of your system. Don't know if that helps! Hope it does! :)

narzew 07-18-2008 10:42 PM

I don't know if you can sweat methadone out of your system, but if you really want to try, maybe a sweat lodge would be a good start.

For many tribes, the sweat lodge is a purification and renewal ceremony, and many people swear by it. I have found it useful for other purposes, but never thought of using it to try to get drugs out of my system...that's what I get for not asking.

To build a sweat lodge, create a space that will fit at least two people using fallen branches, brush, etc. Put a rug or two on the 'floor'; you might also want cushions. Don't use good ones. Cover the structure with blankets (again' use old ones), and use brick or stone to create a sort of open box.

Build a fire outside of the sweat lodge, and use it to heat a number of stones. Carry these with tongs into the loge and place them in the 'box.' Take in a container of water and a dipper.

Get as comfortable as you can inside. Pour water from the dipper over the hot rocks. I have seen many formulas for how many dippers of water and why; I don't think this matters in the context you are talking about.

DO NOT DO THIS ALONE. There is a possibility that you may become overheated, even to the point of passing out. As long as you are conscious and sweating (THIS IS IMPORTANT! IF YOU STOP SWEATING YOU ARE GOING INTO HEAT STROKE AND THIS CAN KILL YOU!!!), you are probably OK. Be careful, and drink a lot of water before and after.

If you try this and it works, I'd like to know...