It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• detoxing using suboxone

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-18-2008, 01:01 PM   #1
    mogj3222
    Inactive
    (male)

mogj3222 HB User
    detoxing using suboxone

I am currently trying to quit heroin. it has been 50 hours since i last used, and normally I would be at the peak of my withdrawls but i got a suboxone from a friend. 1 8 mg pill. i cut it into 3 pieces and took 1 piece when i first started to go into withdrawl which was around 20hours after last heroin use. Then i took another piece a few hours ago, and will take the final piece tomorrow. My question is I feel fine and havnt felt any of the withdrawl from the heroin. Will i eventually go thru withdrawl when the suboxone wears off. The only reason i took the suboxone was to try and get thru the withdrawl, but i am thinking maybe all I have done is just dealyed it?? Has anyone else used suboxone over a very short period to detox, and did it work or did u get sick after the suboxone wore off?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2008, 01:18 PM   #2
    kelly378
    (female)

kelly378 HB User
    Re: detoxing using suboxone

Hello Mog,
    First of all , CONGRATULATIONS on being without Heroine for 50 hours! That is an accomplishment in itself.

I have never used Heroine before, although I believe it is an opiate like Oxycontin and Lortabs.

I believe once the Suboxone wears off, you will experience WD symptoms. Please continue to read the posts, and try to seek help (counseling, treatment).

I have been without pills for a week now, and I can honestly say I think it is all a mindset. I have made the decision to stop using and I wrote a list of why I want to stop and posted it close to my computer and in the bathroom, AND the kitchen... just so I can be reminded of my reasons not to use.

I am also going to NA meetings. I think that just hearing other people's trials and tribulations has helped.

I will be thinking about you, and hoping to see you post more. This board has done WONDERS for me. I am not alone... and neither are you!

Keep the faith.

Kelly

Old 07-18-2008, 11:21 PM   #3
    Mecan
    (male)

Mecan HB User

id have to agree that you will eventually have wd's but i have never used heroin either but gotta be darn close. ive recently seen someone go from 200+mg oxy per day to about 30 per day in about 5 days of the suboxone. taking it in smaller pieces though he was cuttin that thing into 5 or 6 pieces. i guess the question is how much herion you body is used to on a daily basis and how long youve been using? have you been totally through detox before or the hard wd's? i would suppose if your used to alot and you really want to stop id say goto an na meeting and get some more advice, im sure you could really hurt yourself if not careful.

its great you have made up your mind and this place is great to be i couldnt quit my pill addiction without it. i wish you the best and please post back how you are making out. kicking that im figuring would be similar but tougher than what i went through. keep up that mindset

Old 07-19-2008, 08:54 AM   #4
    mogj3222
    Inactive
    (male)

mogj3222 HB User

Well just to update, its been about 67 hours since last heroin. And i took the last piece of suboxone about 24 hrs ago. I feel a little crappy today but nothing like cold turkey feels like. Anyway hope it doesnt get worse, but well see.

Closed Thread