It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• Planned Relapse?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-21-2008, 01:24 PM   #1
    Mecan
    (male)

Mecan HB User
    Planned Relapse?

Its been 15 days tonight clean, i feel great and dont crave much at all. Ive been staying busy as heck latelyand feel great about everything in my life, even making bad news seem like no biggie. Well i get married on Aug 13 and my bachelor party is going to be next saturday, aug 2. so i have 2 questions.

1. If i "slip" on a planned date, and only that date(lets say a 30mg roxi), such as the bachelor party, will my body slip into a mini w/d on sunday and i be fine on monday? I know this is far from a smart idea and my wife(soon to be) obviously thinks its not smart as well but is going along with it. I just dont want it to effect my vacation/wedding when i leave on the 10th.

2. Am i kidding myself? I honestly think 99% that i will have no problem staying off of the pills after a one night thing. After all i been through this time i have a new respect for what they can do. Like if i have fun one night, its a kind of sick reward to myself but all knowing that my detox wasn't for nothing and ill be back to normal overnight??

sorry if i offend anyone with these questions i know they sound wierd but thats whats going through my head.

Also i Should have titled this "Planned Slip" rather than relapse, just looked up the definitions

thanks for any and all suggestions
    Mec

Last edited by Mecan; 07-21-2008 at 01:26 PM. Reason: wrong wording

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-21-2008, 01:39 PM   #2
    TomsWife
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

TomsWife HB User
    Re: Planned Relapse?

I think you would be playing with fire and would get burned. I am powerless over my doc and would not risk my sobriety for nothing. Thats just me though.......... Your mileage may vary. If your looking for a "go ahead and do it" answer on this board, you wont be getting it from me. Plus, you dont need permission to screw up your life.

Marilyn

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mecan View Post
    Its been 15 days tonight clean, i feel great and dont crave much at all. Ive been staying busy as heck latelyand feel great about everything in my life, even making bad news seem like no biggie. Well i get married on Aug 13 and my bachelor party is going to be next saturday, aug 2. so i have 2 questions.

1. If i "slip" on a planned date, and only that date(lets say a 30mg roxi), such as the bachelor party, will my body slip into a mini w/d on sunday and i be fine on monday? I know this is far from a smart idea and my wife(soon to be) obviously thinks its not smart as well but is going along with it. I just dont want it to effect my vacation/wedding when i leave on the 10th.

2. Am i kidding myself? I honestly think 99% that i will have no problem staying off of the pills after a one night thing. After all i been through this time i have a new respect for what they can do. Like if i have fun one night, its a kind of sick reward to myself but all knowing that my detox wasn't for nothing and ill be back to normal overnight??

sorry if i offend anyone with these questions i know they sound wierd but thats whats going through my head.

Also i Should have titled this "Planned Slip" rather than relapse, just looked up the definitions

Mec

Old 07-21-2008, 01:53 PM   #3
    Confused089
    Inactive
    (female)

Confused089 HB User

IMO, if you "slip" this time and go back to "normal," no w/d, why wouldn't you try it again at at later point, and then again, etc...., until you wound up back in the same mess as before. The mind tells stories and you'll most likely tell yourself the story that feels best..

Just an opinion...

Old 07-21-2008, 02:12 PM   #4
    granny0
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

granny0 HB User

Stick with drinks. While it may or may not cause w/d - it may fire up the cravings and you know how that will end up.

Best wishes,

JB

Old 07-21-2008, 03:49 PM   #5
    Phoenix
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mecan View Post

Mec
    Hello M,

I may be wrong but it seems that you have already made up your mind.

I have learned to respect the power of addiction and would strongly suggest that you take heed also.

If you want something that will provide you with a false sense of security, let me suggest playing the major lottery; your chances of coming out a winner are better.

Here's my spin on the "Schools Open, Drive Carefully" sign:

"Mind's Open, Proceed With Caution."

Would you want to continue dealing with someone that has continually harmed you(rhetorical);don't allow drugs to be that "someone" in your life.

Respectfully stated,

Phoenix

Old 07-21-2008, 03:52 PM   #6
    Executor
    Inactive
    (male)

Executor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TomsWife View Post
    I think you would be playing with fire and would get burned.
    Not only are you playing with fire, but in fact, I think you're setting yourself on fire.

Ex

Last edited by Executor; 07-21-2008 at 08:23 PM.

Old 07-21-2008, 07:01 PM   #7
    Sherbear38
    (female)

Sherbear38 HB User

Hi Mecan - I've actually been sitting here in awe of what I have just read. How do you condense it down to get to that one point? 15 days is wonderful, but its not a lot of time clean. If your wife it going along with it, well, if shes not an addict she wouldn't understand anyway. One man summed it up for me very well , he said " when your brain tells you, you don't need a meeting tonight, you run as fast as you can to a meeting." That worked for me. Maybe meetings don't apply to you.... But I hope you can see what I mean.... Your brain is the problem. It holds your addiction. Your sick. This won't work. Not once. Not planned. Not unplanned. Plain and simple. Your starting a new life... I hope you're ready, I know I sound harsh, but it doesn't sound like it. Please , "run in the other direction" of what your brain is telling you about this.

Old 07-22-2008, 05:53 AM   #8
    Mecan
    (male)

Mecan HB User

you guys are awesome, and right! my head is just trying to justify popping some pills. Pheonix, fortunantly i hadn't made up my mind when i was posting, but i think my new goal is to make it through that night without. Thats why i posted i knew i had a crazy idea i just needed you guys to talk some sense into me. My wife doesnt do anything except smoke cigarettes so ya, her input is kinda 1/2 what i want to hear and 1/2 what she really thinks, she is so awesome to not blow things out of proportion.

Ex, well put. and why would i wanna do that?

You know the weird thing is i really dont even remember the feeling i got from taking them, i just know it made me feel good. but i feel great right now and no need to use.

Thanks alot everyone for your replies it has changed my thinking for sure, as i knew it would heh. im on my way, thanks again!!!!

ill just have to pace my drinking because i can drink a ton on those things and dont remember the last time i drank sober if that makes sense.

Old 07-22-2008, 06:09 AM   #9
    Friend999
    (male)

Friend999 HB User

Mecan,

1. Don't ever take another opiate again!!!!!!!!!
    2. Get high on your new wife and her love for you.

Two keys to your future happiness and a wonderful life. It is as simple as that.

Friend999

Old 07-22-2008, 06:32 AM   #10
    Mecan
    (male)

Mecan HB User

thanks friend, youre 100% right and i feel so good now i dont know why i would want to screw it all up. you guys are great and thanks again for the head check i totally needed it.

Old 07-22-2008, 08:08 AM   #11
    adventurer
    (female)

adventurer HB User

Mec, I'm glad I got on the board today. Let me share something with you. I went for 6 days without the pills and I was past the w/d and feeling great. My husband and I made love and for the first time in a long time I actually felt it and it was amazing!!! On the 7th day I took 4 of the 10 pills I had remaining because my back was killing me. It made me feel like crap. I think I posted that one here too somewhere. Anyway, the next day I hurt so bad that I took 4 again and again it made me feel like crap...why did I take 4 instead of the two that were prescribed? Because that's what I always had done. The next day I took the remaining 2 of the 10 and it did not help my pain and I couldn't even tell I took them. Now I've been without them for two days and I have not experienced any withdrawal whatsoever, however, I have noticed that I have a craving for more. Not a bad one to the point that I have withdrawal, but it's in the back of my mind that I have to go get it. I called in the refill yesterday and it should be ready today.

I've been watching the clock and it just turned 9:00 and the pharmacy just opened. I've been watching it so I could call to make sure it was ready so I could go get it. Why? Partly for the pain in my back but mostly because I want it. The strange part is I don't feel like I want it because I want it to get high, I just feel like I need it; like I'm not complete without it. Crap, I can't cry here at my desk!!!

Anyway, my point is that I don't want you to take it for any reason. If you really want to get through this and start over, then don't do it. Everyone is right, your mind is going to play tricks on you. I think my situation is a little different due to health problems and I'm starting to wonder if I'm addicted or dependent...not quite sure.

Other people might think I am going about this the wrong way, but I'm going to say it anyway. PLEASE DON'T DO IT; YOU WILL REGRET IT!!! But if you do, I will be here for you and I understand and I will help you through it. I'm not trying to give you an out, I just want you to be honest with me if you do do it because you will need support to get back on your feet. Does that make sense? Basically, I'm here for you no matter what happens and I really think everyone else is too. We just want what's best for you. You don't need to be ashamed if you mess up. That's what we are here for; we won't judge you. But try your hardest NOT to, ok????

A~

Old 07-22-2008, 12:00 PM   #12
    Mecan
    (male)

Mecan HB User

thanks Ad means alot to know ya care. i have talked to my wife on the phone since readin everyones replies and told her to just get rid of the one i had waiting for me( ya i actually have had 1 30mg roxi she has been holding onto for that date since about my 7th or so day clean, a "buddy" gave me one and i handed it right to her and made that stupid plan of mine heh). she was super happy and im sure that thing was flushed in about 30 seconds heh. like i was saying though, i honestly forget how the feeling is of getting that buzz, but i just know it feels good and thats pretty sick. i have even been thinkin "man i shouldnt have told her that" so i would still have access to it but its really the only choice i had. and i dont have any legit pain to fall back on so i have zero excuses to go back. i feel alot better about my decisionmaking right now. i think im getting closer to being able to trust my own thoughts.

and yes you totally make sense Ad. since i have been clean i have been calling a longtime friend of mine everyday helping him get off the pills. he still hasnt gone a whole day without but i dont bash him or jump down his back about it, i just support the progress he has madee so far, and if he slips and has a bad day and does a bunch like the past i would still be there for him to talk to without a doubt.

anyways thanks once again everyone, and thanks a bunch Ad i have ditched my plan and have a new one not involving a "planned slip". i knew it was a bad idea but was real close to justifying it in my brain, crazy stuff. have no worries of me slipping now i think i have my mind on a one way street now, the good one way.

one last thing, going on 16 days and i feel absolutly wonderful! its weird to think someone(myself) would risk all i have accomplished for that stuff. i honestly dont remember feeling this good about everything, just life in general, work is even great and the days have been flying by!! THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT EVERYONE!! its priceless

Old 07-23-2008, 08:46 AM   #13
    adventurer
    (female)

adventurer HB User

Mec that is awesome, I'm so happy for you! Your life will be so awesome with your wife; you're going to have such a whole new life! You know what I hate most about taking the pills again, honestly? I really enjoyed making love with my husband when I was OFF the pills. It was amazing!!!! Now, it's back to where I can't feel it because of the pills and I can't get any pleasure from it.

I'm trying to limit my pills and I'm doing very very well. Instead of taking the 18-25 a day like I was, now I'm only taking the prescribed amount of 8 a day. I have to admit though that I'm not taking them the WAY they were prescribed. I'm supposed to take 2 pills every 4 hours and I take 4 pills twice a day. I know that's still not right but I look at it as progress.

You on the other hand, are doing awesome!!! I am so proud of you and I know your fiancee is too. You have accomplished so much and there's no turning back now. I truly envy you. If I didn't have my surgery coming up and my back problems, I'd like to think I'd be as strong and successful as you. Keep it up Mec, I'm proud of you!

Ad~

Old 07-23-2008, 08:54 AM   #14
    kelly378
    (female)

kelly378 HB User

Hi Mec,
    first, congrats on getting married. did you make the decision to quit for the sake of your marriage?

I am proud of you... Day 16 now right? I really hope your bachelor party goes great without the use of narcotics.

Peace. Kelly

Old 07-23-2008, 09:25 AM   #15
    Secrets1983
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Secrets1983 HB User

Congrats Mec,

That is great! 16 days clean. That is so wonderful.. I wish I could say the same for myself. You should be so proud of yourself right now!

I really hope you have a great time at your party but please do yourself a favor and do it narcotic free! You have made it this far.. DO NOT put yourself in that position.

We are here for you if you need support.. Anytime!

Good luck and God bless!

Closed Thread