It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• Just started Suboxone 4 days ago don't want to get addicted

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-07-2008, 09:53 PM   #1
    G8Rfan66
    (male)

G8Rfan66 HB User
    Just started Suboxone 4 days ago don't want to get addicted

I just started on Suboxone 4 days ago. After reading all of the horror stories about Suboxone withdrawal I don't think I want to take it much longer. I am through the OC 80 withdrawal. I am coming off of IVing 12-15 OC-80's per day. I had gotten very bad. Very costly. $500-$600 per day habit had to end. Can anyone give me advice on what I should do with the Suboxone being on it for only 4 days? I have taken 1-8mg twice per day for only 4 days. Please someone reply soon.

Last edited by G8Rfan66; 09-07-2008 at 10:02 PM. Reason: font

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2008, 03:58 PM   #2
    G8Rfan66
    (male)

G8Rfan66 HB User
    Re: Just started Suboxone 4 days ago don't want to get addicted

Went down to 4mg twice today and will try 2mg twice tomorrow and see what happens. Anyone know how long it takes to feel the difference in dosages?

Old 09-08-2008, 08:20 PM   #3
    granny0
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

granny0 HB User
    Re: Please Answer 12-15 80mg Oc Day Habit

Hey there,

I've never taken sub so I can't vouch for it. BUT, for someone still in recovery from a pretty bad OC IV habit, you might want to stay on the sub for a little while. It's stopping your withdrawal now and if you go off it, you may find your way back to the $500-$600 a day habit. You should get some counseling and talk to your prescribing doctor before just stopping the sub.

Best wishes,

JB

Old 09-08-2008, 08:24 PM   #4
    fiesty2
    (female)

fiesty2 HB User
    Re: Suboxone Nightmare True?

G8R, I wish I knew what to tell you, but I don't anything about Sub. I also have read alot of post about the Sub wd . Have you talked to you Dr. about it and your fears. I just wanted to reply and let you know I am thinking about you and praying for you. I have been addicted to Hydros for over 10yrs and this is my 4rth day without them and it is ruff, I wanted to try Sub, but had no insurance and I found out it is very expensive. May God bless, I wish I could help, sorry. LOL, Fiesty2 PS, keep posting I know someone will surely have some advice.

Old 09-09-2008, 03:09 PM   #5
    katurah
    (female)

katurah HB User

If your over the w/d from the oxy's,I would try to go ahead and taper off the sub. It will only get harder to come off of the longer your on it, I would think. Yea,those oxy's are tough to come off of. I was addicted to dilaudid before the methadone and they were very costly too. just wish I would've tried to kick those instead of the methadone. That was just another addiction,along with the Xanax. I mean why not just go ahead and do your d-o-c (drug of choice) if you're gonna continue getting high by abusing and mixing it with xanax? That's exactly what I was doing so I got worse instead of better. Good luck to you. Do you have any king of support system to help you?

Old 09-09-2008, 03:57 PM   #6
    G8Rfan66
    (male)

G8Rfan66 HB User

No. My wife is leaving me with my 3 childen and a $3800 month mortgage. Have no one. I feel lke she is abandonng me for no reason. i dont understand.

Old 09-09-2008, 03:59 PM   #7
    G8Rfan66
    (male)

G8Rfan66 HB User

My doc said there are no w/d from sub. he is useless.

Old 09-09-2008, 04:01 PM   #8
    G8Rfan66
    (male)

G8Rfan66 HB User
    Re: Please Answer 12-15 80mg Oc Day Habit

I am definitely done with the OC. Nothing drawing me back. No desire. only bad thoughts.

Old 09-09-2008, 04:31 PM   #9
    katurah
    (female)

katurah HB User

oh my GOD!! What a lie!He should not even be prescribing suboxone. I also had a previous DR. tell me that but I found the w/d very similar to those of methadone ,pure H--!! I'm just starting to taper with the sub,I'm at4-6mgs a day,but I only have 2 or 3 left and just found out I can't get anymore from the Dr. I've been seeing and don't have $500. to $1000. to find another DR. so it looks like cold turkey for me. Scared sillY!!!! So sorry to hear about your wife and kids. I'll say a prayer for you tonight. Hang in there. Everything WILL work out.

Old 09-09-2008, 04:35 PM   #10
    katurah
    (female)

katurah HB User

That hurts my heart gr8t,I'm so sorry. I'll be here to listen when you need to talk. I'm praying for you! It's going to be ok. God has a plan!!!!!

Old 09-25-2008, 11:37 AM   #11
    thechief99
    (male)

thechief99 HB User

hi anybody answer your question?

I had 90 days clean time from methadone and relapsed with suboxone. I have only taken it for 4 days but am getting nervious about addiction and withdraw.do you know if I would suffer so soon? BTW im stopping so I guess ill find out anyway. thanks

Old 09-28-2008, 01:42 PM   #12
    G8Rfan66
    (male)

G8Rfan66 HB User

I am on day 4 off of Suboxone. I was on it for only aboy 18 days and tapered down to 4mg once a day. day 3 off sub i felt it coming on. next morning day 4 i got up and took aa shower thinking i was in the clear. By non on day 4 i felt terrible shaking cold then hot. Anyone approximate when the w/d may end after only being on it for 18 days?

Old 09-28-2008, 07:36 PM   #13
    G8Rfan66
    (male)

G8Rfan66 HB User

It is now 10pm and I am actually feeling pretty good now. It is day 4 off Suboxone for 18 days total on it. Thank the Lord. I pray it is all over for me. I will never take another opiate or Suboxone. I am DONE.Thanks to those who prayed for me. I beleive they were answered. I hope that I can help others through my experiences and experiments with opiates. I have done it all every way you can imagine. Thankful it is almost over. So now I am sitting in my parents house just blocks away from my beautiful $700,000 house on the lake close to be in foreclosure. My wife and kids are gone. Oh and now I have to go to work for someone else after losing my own business. Only way I can make it is with GOD. I LOST EVERYTHING. STILL HAVE MY RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD. HE LOVES US NO MATTER WHAT MISTAKES WE MAKE.

Old 09-28-2008, 07:42 PM   #14
    G8Rfan66
    (male)

G8Rfan66 HB User

kATURAH,
    How are you doing? You should be through your w/d by now. I hpoe you just went through it and did not find more Sub or methadone.

Closed Thread