It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• Why do doctors say Tramadol is not addictive

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-17-2008, 02:03 PM   #16
    randy1953
    Inactive
    (male)

randy1953 HB User
    Re: Why do doctors say Tramadol is not addictive

Tramadol is very dangerous and it the worst drug I every used and the hardest to kick.
    I was on it for over a year, I was taking 20 100mg pills a day that is 2 grams of the stuff. I live in South america and you can buy it cheap and over the counter. Well the law changed. I have been off Tramadol for 2 weeks now and it has been hell. The aniexty is so high. thank God I remembered about Clonidine, just today I bought some took a 0.15 mg dose a few hours ago and I now have some relief. I have no doctors around me. I have never felt so horrible in my life, this drug is much harder to go off cold turkey than the stronger Opiates because it messes with your serotonin levels.
    I also bought some BuSpar which I think I will start taking together with the Clonidine.
    But a big word of warning it is very easy to get to high dosages with Tramadol and it is a killer to just go off. Do not feel alone and whatever you do get some Clonidine and get off this horrible drug.
    Randy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-17-2008, 07:57 PM   #17
    katlin09
    Inactive
    (female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User
    Re: Why do doctors say Tramadol is not addictive

Generally getting to the dosage that you're at would be rather difficult here in the states, for one Tramadol at high dosages is very likely to cause Grand Mal Seizures. Most Docs at the highest dosages would prescribe around 1 or 2 50mg tablets every 6 hours for pain...and here you cannot get it without a prescription.

It is addictive and not one that you would stop cold turkey, it absolutely requires a slow tritrate down.

Closed Thread