It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Time Flys!!

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-17-2008, 04:55 AM   #1
TomsWife
Senior Veteran
(female)

TomsWife HB User
Wink Time Flys!!

Morning Everyone,
I've not posted in quite some time on the progress of my recovery. This past Monday I celebrated 7 months of sobriety. My life has done a 180, all for the good. Has it been all good? Mostley. Has there been some scarey times? Yup. Did I drink over it? Nope. I've learned some great tools in the program and life is pretty darn good!
Today I am a respectible woman. I've got a sponsor, home group, work the steps and do service work. What a far cry from my old, isolating selfish self. I've got friends that I can count on and they can depend on me.
In the past two weeks I've delt with some situations in my life that I would normally drink over. My brother in law died of as a result of alcoholism, his liver failed within a week and a half. Another family member died of an over dose. And, I have been dealing with a very personal situation as the result of my drinking days.
But, with all of that my gratitude list is much longer and stronger than the bad stuff thats happened.
I'm not chasing the next drunk. I wake up happy and that nervous feeling is gone. I'm working on learning about Marilyn.
I hope that anyone that reads this will take a look at where they are in thier life. At the end of my drinking days, I was miserable. I could not stop drinking. I drank a liter and a half of straight up wiskey every two days. I was killing myself. My liver hurt daily, and the blood work that I had done proved that I was in physical trouble. Still, I drank.
I make a living amends to my family every day by staying sober and being available. My son is back in my life and I am reliable.
I am a different person today. I like Marilyn. I dont regret my past because it took every last drink that I had to get me where I am today. Its important to me to carry the message that there is hope. If anyone has any questions of me, just ask away. I'd be happy and grateful to share my story some more.

Marilyn

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-17-2008, 10:22 AM   #2
reachout
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User
Re: Time Flys!!

Hello Marilyn

I would just like to say that I am joining in sharing your happiness and renewed life. It is a wonderous thing. There was struggling and suffering for you, but your resolve and determination have sure won a victory of huge proportion for you.

With all hopes and best wishes that the good in your life sustains you and keeps growing.

reach

Old 10-17-2008, 02:42 PM   #3
ReadyToBeDone
(female)

ReadyToBeDone HB User
Re: Time Flys!!

Hey Marilyn!! Feels good on this side of the fence, doesn't it? Sounds like you and I have a lot in common. I have almost 14 mos clean and did it the same way you have...meetings, sponsor, step work, service,....it does work!! Congratulations on your accomplishment!!!

RTBD

Closed Thread