It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Tired of pills

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-04-2008, 08:38 AM   #1
TaCot
(female)

TaCot HB User
Question Tired of pills

I am new here and need some help. I have been taking 6 Norco a day for four years. I am sick of this controlling my life and want to stop. I have decided to taper and figured out a schedule last night. I am very nervous and scared. Does anyone know of a doctor in Denver that I could go to for help with Soboxone? I am not even sure if I should do that either. I have tried to stop this evil drug before only to get so sick and have sleepless nights that I couldn't take it. My husband knows and is by my side, but he can't undestand this anxiety. Please help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-04-2008, 10:07 AM   #2
TaCot
(female)

TaCot HB User
Please help me!!!

I am an addict and have been on Norco for several years. I am on six pills a day. I want to taper off of them. I have read a lot of posts here and decided that this is what I should try. Should I try Suboxone? Does anyone know of a doctor in Denver, CO that I should go to, or should I go to my primary doctor? I love my primary doc and I think she would help me, but I am so scared. I am trying to hold it together, but am crying constantly, and so scared!!! I have the support of my husband, which I can see, is a must. I have cut my intake to 5 pills per day starting this week. I sit at my desk and bounce my legs non-stop so they don't hurt so much. I feel like such a loser and really want to stop this drug!! I need some support from someone who has gone through this. Anyone who can help would be greatly appreciated. I feel so lonely.

Old 11-04-2008, 06:02 PM   #3
n8tivecenter
(female)

n8tivecenter HB User
Re: Please help me!!!

You are never alone in addiction.
All of us in this world are connected to each other. A lot of people choose not to feel that.

I can help you with support. I have been sober for 4 years.
It is SCARY.
Getting sober is the most beautiful and ugly feeling at the same time. It is all new and you are dealing with so much of what the pills did to you that you don't even know where to start, right?

Start by doing what you think that you should do. Go with your instinct. It is always 100% accurate.

Reply if you would like, or need.

Hope you find what you are looking for--YOU.

Old 11-05-2008, 07:42 AM   #4
TaCot
(female)

TaCot HB User

Thank you so much for your reply. I am on such an emotional roller coaster right now, it is unbelievable. Just seeing your response had me in tears. I am so ashamed of what I have become and just thinking about that has me in tears. Maybe, if I spoke with my doctor, some of this weight on my shoulders would go away? I am so scared to make that call. I am so afraid that she will tell me to get lost. I have gone down to 5 pills a day since Saturday and so far, I can handle the wd's. I know they will get a lost worse and that scares me too. God, how did I get into this mess? Again, thank you for your response. You really did make me feel a lot better this morning.

Old 11-05-2008, 01:15 PM   #5
TaCot
(female)

TaCot HB User
Re: Tired of pills

Thank you so much, Staci. I have not been getting my pills from my doctor, but have been getting them illegally, that I am not proud of at all. That is why I am afraid she will tell me to get lost once I tell her everything. Two years ago, I got myself down to 1 1/2 pills per day, with walking every day, and then, I started taking more again. There are times when I feel I can kick this stuff with no problem, and then 2 minutes later, feel hopeless. I can't believe how my feelings can change within seconds!! It really means a lot to me that you took the time to send me a message. THanks very much and God bless! Terri

Old 11-05-2008, 01:28 PM   #6
Secrets1983
Senior Veteran
(female)

Secrets1983 HB User

Hey,

I am sorry you are going thru this ugly battle too. I am right there with you and yes, it is scary but let me tell you... IF I CAN DO IT... YOU CAN TOO! Tomorrow is the last day of my wean down program and I am scared to death but you know what?? I am so sick of counting pills and constantly worried about running out that it is also a relief. I try to focus on something positive when it gets the worst.. That has gotten me thru the last couple weeks of withdrawels.
Just know we are here for you and I really hope you choose to get off these evil drugs! It's so crazy to me that I could love something so much (pills) and then hate them just as much!! UGH. Well, post anytime you need support!
Hang in there!
~Secrets

Old 11-05-2008, 01:49 PM   #7
TaCot
(female)

TaCot HB User

Secrets, you ROCK! This is the worst thing I have ever gone through. I can feel your pain, that is for sure. I quit smoking four years ago, so I think I can do this. The w/d's are so SCARY!! We will help each other. So, how long have you been tapering? Is tomorrow your first day off for good? If I can help you, I will sure try. Thanks much, Terri

Old 11-05-2008, 02:02 PM   #8
Secrets1983
Senior Veteran
(female)

Secrets1983 HB User

Hey Terri,
It was so good to hear from someone who is fighting the same battle as me. THE W/D SUCK BIG TIME. No one quite understands them unless they have been there done that do they? I have been tapering now for a full 3 weeks. Tomorrow is the last day I take a pill for GOOD. It's so scary to even say out loud.. I looked in the bottle this morning to take my one pill for the day and only saw one left and I just stared at it... and thought... HOW IN THE HELL DID I GET MYSELF INTO THIS ONE? hahahha Never in a million years would I ever have thought I would have done something so stupid but I did and now i am going to CHANGE it.
So where are you at Terri with your tapering? I am happy to be there for you as well and yes, we can get thru this together. It is something I felt so alone in before so thank you for your kind words of UNDERSTANDING!
Take care.
~Secrets

Old 11-05-2008, 02:40 PM   #9
TaCot
(female)

TaCot HB User

Well, I just started tapering last Saturday. I was taking 6 Norco per day. I am taking 5 per day this week, and plan on doing a slower taper than you are doing. Next week, I will take 4.5 per day each day, then 4 per day the next week, and so on. I worked out the schedule last night. I am hoping that by tapering slowly, it won't be so bad, but know in the end, it will be. The anxiety of quitting, I think, is just as bad as quitting. You have the best attitude, I must say. The leg cramps at night really suck. I am going to take Benydryl at night to help me sleep when it gets to where I can't sleep any longer. I work, and can't miss work. You are in my prayers and I wish you all of the strength in the world for tomorrow. I can tell by your words that you are a very strong individual, so you hang in there, and before you know it, you will be free of this terrible drug! Terri

Old 11-05-2008, 02:53 PM   #10
Secrets1983
Senior Veteran
(female)

Secrets1983 HB User

Terri for some reason your words brought tears to my eyes. The anxiety of quitting is so strong. My taper I do feel was a little faster than what I had anticipated. I wanted to do this quickly but little did I know how HARD it would be. The pill I took this morning is already wearing off and it was supposed to last 12 hours. My legs are starting to hurt and my shoulders are so tense I can barely sit here any longer. I too HAVE to work. I CAN'T take a day off. Which is what I am so scared of for Friday. Tomorrow may be hard because its the last pill but I think Friday morning will scare me to death when I wake up and KNOW that I can't take that one pill to make the pain go away. My whole body is scared. Thank you for complimenting my attitude.. I am trying really hard right now becuase I know there is no other option for me. I want my life back and this is what I have to do.. I just PRAY so hard that God makes these next few days fly by. I think by Monday I will hopefully stop hurting.. I don't know what to expect after I take that last pill. I think I am going to post a question and ask to see if anyone could tell me what to expect.
Thank you so much for your support and you are so smart to taper.. I think that will help you stay strong and committed to becoming sober.
by the way... what are Norco's? Is that like vicodin?
Terri, THANK you so much for your words and your support.. You have NO IDEA what you have done for me today. You are my angel for today! So God bless you. I will pray for you too. Hang in there and i am here for you from here on out!
~Mrs. Secrets!

Old 11-05-2008, 03:14 PM   #11
TaCot
(female)

TaCot HB User

You are welcome. Just remember, whatever Friday does hold, it will be nothing like the rest of your life will be drug-free. Norco is 10/325 Hydrocodone. Same as vicoden, but stronger. I believe our minds are very powerful, and you CAN DO THIS!!!! Just like I am going to do this. I have read a lot on these sights and they say that hot baths help some with the achy legs. It feels like electricity is going through them, I know. Take deep breaths and remember, you are not alone. We are all in this together.

Old 11-05-2008, 03:17 PM   #12
TaCot
(female)

TaCot HB User

Secret. I get up from my desk three times per day and go outside and take mini-walks. They last 4-5 minutes, but it seems to help my legs some. Or just go outside and walk around a bit. It is cold here today, but I have done it twice.

Old 11-05-2008, 03:53 PM   #13
Secrets1983
Senior Veteran
(female)

Secrets1983 HB User

THANK you for all of your kind words and advice. The walking thing I am doing along with the baths.. I have to laugh because I must take like 3 baths a day and I have lost like 6 lbs because I am walking and moving my legs so much.. Not funny but it will be when it's all over.
Thank you for your strength and kind words.. I will be able to sign back on in the morning 9am central time. I am in Minnesota so I totally get cold!! haha However, it's been in the 60's this week.. It's kind of freakish for minnesota. Well, I have to go for the day but I really hope you are back on tomorrow!!! THANKS SO MUCH.. you will be in my thoughts as prayers as I make it thru this night ahead.
SINCERELY!
~Secrets

Old 11-05-2008, 04:02 PM   #14
TaCot
(female)

TaCot HB User

I will be here. Yea, I think you know what cold is about worse than we do here in CO. Have a peaceful night.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:25 PM   #15
n8tivecenter
(female)

n8tivecenter HB User

Your very Welcome for the reply.
I am glad that I helped you.

I think that you should get medical attention. I understand exactly what you are going through. It is seems dangerous because it is out of your norm. Coming clean with yourself will help you in ways that you could never imagine.

Also remember that when you are ready you will take the step. Do not beat yourself up.

These two questions may help you.

What are you recovering from?
What are you recovering to?

I learned that in treatment. I also learned that if an addict was not an addict "life" would not be so difficult and dramatic.

Let me know if you need anything else! L8ter.

Last edited by n8tivecenter; 11-05-2008 at 08:26 PM. Reason: sp

Closed Thread