It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• "What do I do about tramadol addiction?"

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-21-2008, 09:02 PM   #16
    granny0
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

granny0 HB User
    Re: "What do I do about tramadol addiction?"

Hey emsmom,

I've been thinking about you lately. Glad to see you posting again.

I'm sorry to hear of your tramadol experience. You had a guardian angel the day you had your seizure. Not only could you have been on the highway when it happened, but could have had the girls in the car with you.

I've also taken tramadol and <increased the effects> but the last time I did that, I ended throwing up and feeling shaky. That was enough for me. I decided enough of this crap! - I am done chasing the buzz. I take Zoloft, Clonazapam and a low dose of seroquel now and it seems to be working for me. I had been very depressed and anxiety through the roof. I'm finally starting to feel "normal".
    I hope you are on the mend too.

Take care,

JB

Last edited by mod-anon; 11-21-2008 at 09:10 PM. Reason: do not go into detail about drug abuse

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-22-2008, 08:46 AM   #17
    emsmom
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

emsmom HB User

Hey granny!!!

So great to hear from you

Yes, I had a guardian angel with my that day, cause my girls weren't in the car. Actually, I've been having problems with guilt about the fact that they "could" have been in the car. I've been thinking "what if?" I'll start a new thread to talk about all that, but some of this paragraph pertains to nocontrol as well...

Nocontrol - think about the guilt I am having (and it's horrible guilt, let me tell you). I'm not trying to scare you, nor do I want to seem like I'm insinuating anything mean...I just want you to think "What if I had a seizure when my little ones were alone with me?"

Just think about it. I'm always here to support you, and whatever decision you make (regarding talking to your doctor or not), I'll support that too - however, I just have to say...I really think its in your best interest to seek medical help and begin a taper off of Tramadol - with a doctor monitoring you.

Good luck,
    Love emsmom

Last edited by emsmom; 11-22-2008 at 08:49 AM.

Old 11-25-2008, 10:06 AM   #18
    Secrets1983
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Secrets1983 HB User

nocontrol,

Are you there? Are you okay? Just been thinking about you and wondering how the battle with tramadol is going? I worry about you....

Let us know you are okay! If you celebrate.. Happy Thanksgiving!
    ~Secrets

Old 11-26-2008, 08:32 AM   #19
    nocontrol33
    (female)

nocontrol33 HB User

I'm here - my head is just spinning. I guess I'm going to make an appt. with my Dr. after the long weekend. It all just seems so surreal right now. Thanks for checking up on me. I'll let you know what the Dr. says. I hope everyone has a nice Thankisgiving!

Old 11-26-2008, 11:44 AM   #20
    emsmom
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

emsmom HB User

nocontrol - I'm very proud of you for deciding to make an appt with your doctor

Wishing you a great day.

emsmom

Old 11-26-2008, 02:00 PM   #21
    Secrets1983
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Secrets1983 HB User

Nocontrol,

I AM SO PROUD OF YOU! Thank you so much for checking in! We really appreciate it. I am just so happy you are making hte decision to help yourself. I know this is hard.. You CAN and WILL get thru this. We are all here for you.

The most important thing here is that you are safe and I am so glad you are taking steps to make sure that is the case.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Here for you! I promise you are not alone.
    ~Secrets

Old 12-26-2008, 12:12 PM   #22
    nero
    Veteran
    (female)

nero HB User

Okay ....just when I thought I was finally going to give in and take this med (named Ralivia here in Canada) I thought I had better search same on the boards as I had a small w/d from percocet and now only 1/4 and 1/2 it when I need it desperately. This week with Christmas and the layers of work I have done I am in terrible pain from my c67 herniation. Its as bad as my c56 before I had that out and was plated SOOOO I thought no more MRs. NICE GUY I am taking this darn med.

THANKS>>> I am not now ...don't need the added hassle. I'll stick to my percocet...Merry Christmas....and remember one man's pain is another man's gain and I thank you for this today...

Nearly new Nero

Closed Thread