It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Does Suboxone have popular side effects...Im having an issue...

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-04-2008, 02:40 AM   #1
CTguy2054
(male)

CTguy2054 HB User
Does Suboxone have popular side effects...Im having an issue...

Now I have been on Suboxone since Monday and I take 8mg PO BID. I have not gotten more then 2 hours of sleep at any given time, so I feel like I have been up since Monday. The pain medication I was abusing used to keep me up, but then I think it was because of the addictminded me. I would take something and like watch the clock for 4 hrs till I could take it again and this was like my whole life. Since I don't get high on Suboxone, I don't "look forward" to every dose, but I can't sleep for anything.....Does anyone have any recommendations for me? I usually take my doses at 5a and 4p....Thanks in advance! Stay strong!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-04-2008, 07:55 AM   #2
logalind
(female)

logalind HB User
Re: Does Suboxone have popular side effects...Im having an issue...

I am not a doctor, but the dose may be to low. I truly think you need to call your doctor and ask him/her explain your problem of not being able to sleep. Are you being active are you excersizing? I actually had the opposite problem I couldn't stay awake, my dose was too high. After we brought it down to 2 8mg a day I was better in 2 weeks were going to go down to 1 8 mg a day. You may be withdrawing from the medication you were taking I don't really know just throwing stuff out there.

Take care,
Lori

Old 12-04-2008, 08:35 AM   #3
CTguy2054
(male)

CTguy2054 HB User

I meet with my doc at 130 today, so I will definately bring some of those issues up. Any suggestions at this point are helpful...I post how it goes later on...i just wonder how many other people get insomnia from it.

Old 12-05-2008, 03:59 AM   #4
CTguy2054
(male)

CTguy2054 HB User

I saw my MD yesterday and he said the side effects im having are a little extreme, but otherwise normal as everyone is different. He recommended trying Trazadone PRN for sleepless nights, but im not a big fan of being on too many meds at once....I know ironic coming from an addict right? So he wrote the script, but im not going to fill it unless i get desperate and I did manage to get 4 hrs of sleep together for the first time in 8 days....but im still feeling great right now and relapse doesnt even seem like a possibility for me (but i know it always will be). There is so much hope for the rest of the world if I continue to get better and my 7yr old son said to me last night "I don't know what's up with you dad, but its nice to have you back".......needless to say it choked me up a bit. He's a good kid. K, im just rambling now........Anyone close to my situation: This really can be done without a fear of withdrawl. I know that was the scariest part for me, but not moreso than the growing chance of an overdose.

Old 12-07-2008, 07:32 PM   #5
c14a10
(female)

c14a10 HB User

Congrats to you! I take Suboxone also. I haven't had anything other than Suboxone or Zanaflex in 2 1/2yrs. My doctor prescribed Zanaflex after several failed attempts of other medication for insomnia. It was the only thing that would knock me out. It took awhile to finally find something I felt comfortable taking. I'm so paranoid after being addicted to Lortab and Soma's for 3-4yrs. Suboxone gave me my life back and it's wonderful. I've finally gotten to a place where I feel comfortable not being on the Suboxone. I've started decreasing the dose VERY slowly (by my doctors instructions) and I should be off of it in the next 6 months. I'm aiming for my "clean" anniversary date of May 30. That'll make it 3yrs. It's been long enough and I'm looking forward to it.

Old 12-08-2008, 10:54 AM   #6
Secrets1983
Senior Veteran
(female)

Secrets1983 HB User

Hey CTguy!

Just checking in to see how you are doing... Sorry to hear about the sleeping problem! I have tried Trazadone before and it worked great! I understand about not wanting to take too many meds as you are trying to get off meds in the first place.

So how is your abdomen pain now that you are not on the pain meds? Is it bareable? Just wondering how you are holding up?

Hope you are great!
~Secrets

Closed Thread