It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

7 days free from sub after detox, my legs wont stop!! help

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-14-2008, 08:39 AM   #1
usannyrocks
(male)

usannyrocks HB User
7 days free from sub after detox, my legs wont stop!! help

I was on 140mg of perks per day. I checked myself into detox where they used meth. The day after I left detox the doc in the detox center started me on 2mg Sub. I called him that night and he said to take 2 in the morning. My prescription finished in about 15 days. I started having tingling in my hands and feet and I cant stop moving my legs. When this start I went to a doc and he has been prescibing me different meds. Klonopin, Clonodine, Requip. On my 5th day free of sub and taking my docs meds I messed up and took 20mg of perk. Now 2 day later I still have had no perks but my legs just wont stop!! The reuip is for RSL but its not helping. The wierd thing is at night time I now have no problem sleeping and my legs are still. Its when I wake up and for the entire day my legs want to run and run. Basically In the last 7 days I have had only the above meds the doc gave me and that 1 mess up of 20mg of perks. Did my mess up put me back further with WDs? I still was not feeling better before I did the 2 perks. Im hoping my restless legs will stop soon! Can someone help> anyone know how long I will feel the RLS. I go to the gym everyday which helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-14-2008, 10:07 AM   #2
Yossarian22
Veteran
(male)

Yossarian22 HB User
Re: 7 days free from sub after detox, my legs wont stop!! help

Hang in there - im not sure how long these side effects will last - the thing to remember is they are only temporary. I had restless leg syndrome for about a month after coming off methadone - always at night when i wanted to sleep.
Everyone is different though - it might be a lot sooner for you - esp as you go to the gym. All exercise will no doubt be good for your detoxing body.

you've come a long way - keep going.

and keep on keepin on

"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."

Old 12-15-2008, 09:28 AM   #3
Secrets1983
Senior Veteran
(female)

Secrets1983 HB User

Hang in there..

This too shall pass! I promise! The restless legs were the WORST! I will always remember how hard that was on me... It DOES go away and you can then move on to a happy sober life.

Everyone has set backs.... I think it's part of the recovery process. Don't beat yourself up too much.. Move past it! I don't think it should be setting you back too much though with your w/d though.. However, I am not expert.

Just wanted to wish you luck and hope things get better for you!
~Secrets

Old 12-15-2008, 10:44 AM   #4
katlin09
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

I agree with the previous posters, but have on question, do you still have percs at your house, and if so you should take them in to your doc so he can destroy them, that way you won't be tempted to take them.

good luck

Closed Thread