It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

15 meds in the morning? Are you kidding me!

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-16-2008, 03:46 PM   #1
tabby23
(female)

tabby23 HB User
Angry 15 meds in the morning? Are you kidding me!

I am 33 with bipolar so I take psyc meds and sleep meds. I have diabetis for which I take pills and two insulins, Hypertention pills, COPD inhailers, barrets esophigus more pills, bladder and stomach problems more pills, pain meds too. Is there going to be an end to the madness I feel as if I'm getting sicker by the day. I throw up every morning then take 15 meds just to start the day the saddest part is that I don't take anything not prescribed to me and I only take my right dose. Still this is insane to me, why is so much wrong with me? As if I haven't had enough to deal with, right? I don't want to take any of them anymore. The doctor added three more to my list after my hosp. stay 3 weeks ago. He told me I need these because now I have chronic gastritus. My last resting blod pressure was 174/93. Thats with meds. I have so many now its hard to keep track of what and when. Any suggestions how to handle this probem? Tabby

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-16-2008, 04:08 PM   #2
TaCot
(female)

TaCot HB User
Re: 15 meds in the morning? Are you kidding me!

Oh my God. 15 meds? That is terrible. I am so sorry you have to go through that every day. I am 44, take 3 meds per day for my depression, and one for high triglycerides and I thought 4 meds per day was bad. I'll bet you have had the feeling like me that you are too young to be on all of this stuff! Isn't there something your doc could do to cut down on some of them? That sounds so frustrating. I wish there was something I could do for you!! I know I am not much help, but you are in my thoughts.

Old 12-16-2008, 05:12 PM   #3
katlin09
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

I take 12 diff. meds a day and if you count the doses it comes out to 42 pills a day. Like you I don't eat breakfast, I take a handfull of pills. It doesn't do much good to ask why, and it's not like you can drop any of them off just because you don't want to take them. Some of us just aren't born as healthy as othes.

Kat

Old 12-17-2008, 09:17 AM   #4
Secrets1983
Senior Veteran
(female)

Secrets1983 HB User

Tabby,

I am so sorry to hear you are going thru such a hard time right now. That sounds miserable. I guess I don't have any advice for you but I wanted to tell you that you will be in my thoughts and prayers and I hope things turn around for you sometime soon!

Hang in there! Everything happens for a reason!
~Secrets

Old 12-24-2008, 08:52 PM   #5
hopetofeelwell1
Senior Veteran
(female)

hopetofeelwell1 HB User

Hi Tabby! Are you taking anything like Depakote for your bipolar illness? I also have to take psych meds and began to take Depakote(valproic acid) which absolutely helped with the mood swings, but really aggravated my stomach(because of the acid compound in the med) and had to stop. Some of the other mood stabilizers like Lamictal did the same thing and I broke out in hives also. Sometimes the meds help in one way but the side effects aggravate you in another way. I really hope you feel better and pursue this with your doctor. Sometimes and antacid will coat your stomach and make things more tolerable. God bless and take care (and happy holidays!)--Hopeto--

Closed Thread