It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Oxy experts question please.

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-19-2008, 01:36 PM   #1
P51
(male)

P51 HB User
Oxy experts question please.

I have an employee that has been off work for 6 months (paid) to get clean from Oxycontin , Methodone , Xanax and Norco. Yes, all at one time. He was taking as many as (20) 80 Mg Oxy per day. Please....I am not lying. When I sent him home in the Summer, his urine test showed a level of 4200 for Oxy.
He said he has been off them 100 percent now for 6 weeks and his level was 3900 for Oxy two weeks ago and 700 last week along with a lot of Xanax (he knew he was going to be tested beforehand). He says since he has taken them for ten years that they have remained in his fat cells and will continue to test high. Can someone please enlighten me as to if I am being lied to? And, if so how high are those levels.
Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-19-2008, 02:10 PM   #2
Secrets1983
Senior Veteran
(female)

Secrets1983 HB User
Re: Oxy experts question please.

I have not a clue....

It would be best if you contacted a medical doctor so you know your information to be 100% correct on something like this.

Your employee has a long road ahead of him if he was truly taking that amount of medication... I wish him luck! I really have never heard of anyone taking that much oxycontin in one day but I am no expert.....
~Secrets

Old 12-19-2008, 05:22 PM   #3
upatnite58
(female)

upatnite58 HB User

yes, you're being lied to. opiates leave the blood in about 72 hrs (short acting meds) and even the most active half life benzos will leave the blood after 200 hr. so sorry what was you're question again????

Old 12-19-2008, 05:30 PM   #4
katlin09
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

I would definitely contact a medical doctor, actually I would insist upon him going to the doctor and you accmpanying him, having him take a test there, and staying to hear what the doc said, so that you know the truth. I'm very surprised that this guy is alive, if he was in fact taking that many oxy's a day.

I'm also surprised that your paying him this long to detox. He must be a very valuable employee.

Kat

Old 12-19-2008, 09:37 PM   #5
emsmom
Senior Veteran
(female)

emsmom HB User

P51,

First of all, kudos to you for helping your employee! Addiction is a disease, and alot of people don't understand that. I think its very good of you to help him

If you were able to obtain the amounts in his urine, it sounds as though you got this info from a doctor, no?

20 Oxy 80's/day is indeed a very large amount of opiates. When I entered Rehab in July '08, I was taking around 10 Oxy 80's/day. I developed a tolerance so quickly to the pills - sounds like the same thing with him.

I agree with upatnite - In Rehab, I learned that opiates leave the blood in about 72 hours, so the info he's giving you is not correct. Regardless of how long he'd been taking them, opiates do not remain in one's fat cells. If he has truly quit, there shouldn't be any trace of the drug.

There are some really great people on these boards...alot of helpful folks, so keep posting

Good luck,
emsmom

Old 12-23-2008, 08:35 AM   #6
feelbad
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

since this is your employee,you have to be 100% certain that this is not the norm(for him personally). i would contact the lab that did the testing or an actual MD for the real skinny on this. this is just one of those situations where you just HAVE TO be 100% certain or it could come back to haunt you,ya know?

some of this comes down to certain medical factors that could be there such as metabolization(certain kidney or liver problems come to mind) or other issues that are in HIS normal physiology. thats why you really do need the expert advice here from a doc and the lab,just to find out(for sure) what other possible factors 'could' affect a test result. you just need that solid competence and some authority behind any real decisions you make here ya know? i too commend you on trying to help your employee with this problem,its a biggie. just get solid medical advice from all the right people,BEFORE you do anything about his actual job. i do wish you both luck with this. please let us know just what you find out. marcia

Closed Thread