It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• Day 8 Off Suboxone

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-02-2009, 10:43 AM   #1
    frogster
    (male)

frogster HB User
    Day 8 Off Suboxone

Now day 8 off suboxone and finally feeling a bit better. I jumped off at
    approx 1 mg after a year of approx 2 mg a day.. I would never ever guessed
    the withdrawls from that little amount would be so bad.. I was taken 15 percs a day b4 sub..

I think there needs to be guide lines on who should start sub. not just anyone
    who took opiates.. Sub is more powerfull then what many opiate users are using so it makes no sense to me anyway..

If i had to give advice i would say anyone with a opiate addiction under approx 300-350 mg a day should not even touch suboxone. take it from me its a big mistake. its 40 times stronger then morphine so whats that tell ya..

You will not only have shorter withdrawls then with sub youll have more money in your pocket and not be giving to sub drs..

Dont beleive the lies that sub is a miracle. far far far from it.. its a powerfull
    mind altering drug.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2009, 07:39 PM   #2
    smith9
    (female)

smith9 HB User
    Re: Day 8 Off Suboxone

AMEN! I have been on suboxone for about 3 years. Knowing I shouldn't have taken too many because the effects are all the same I ran out. I can't get any for 4 days and I am wondering if I can do this detox thing. I will keep you guys posted on how I am feeling. On suboxone my emotions are less spastic but now I want to cry at everything I see and hear. I have this deep dreed feeling that I have someone hanging over me or maybe I am just waiting to die! I feel like my life is coming to an end

Old 01-23-2009, 07:42 PM   #3
    smith9
    (female)

smith9 HB User

I was on about 16 mg a day and now nothing. I'm going to die ain't I>?

Old 01-23-2009, 09:50 PM   #4
    Secrets1983
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Secrets1983 HB User

frogster, from what I have read around here.. suboxone seems to be way worse to come off of then pain pills... However, I have heard it has helped many but it sounds like it's an utter nightmare to come off of when the time comes.. Hang in there.. You can do this.. Sounds like you are doing a great job.

Smith9,

What you wrote REALLY concerns me and I am scared for you. Maybe you need to seek some medical attention.. I am not sure how unsafe it is to go off of that much suboxone.. But.. your talk of death is alarming and the advice of going to the hospital seems like the right advice to give.. I hope you are not thinking of doing anything to harm yourself. Life is a blessing and I hope that is something you understand even though things seem really bad right now.. Maybe you could at least call your local hospital and tell them your situation and see what they say.. Better to be safe than sorry.. PLEASE GIVE US AN UPDATE.. ARE YOU OKAY?

Praying for your safety!
    ~Secrets

Old 01-24-2009, 06:17 AM   #5
    smith9
    (female)

smith9 HB User

Don't worry secrets, I love life! But suboxone shelters me from my emotions and when I taper down or run out all these emotions come raining in. I am a really emotional person with a strong will and not afraid to let them known. So chill out I'm not ready to meet my maker just yet. But I am scared ready or not he will come for me!

Old 01-24-2009, 06:20 AM   #6
    smith9
    (female)

smith9 HB User

I don't like to say getting off of such a small dosage would be cake, buttttt try doing it taking 16 mg a day and then tell me how you feel. My husband and I are both on suboxone and we go through this together but he is a ***** to deal with. When he is around me he is winey and cries, he doesn't want to move, I try to get him to deal with it but he won't. If a stranger is around he is fine. MIND OVER MATTER-WE CAN DO THIS!

Old 01-24-2009, 11:53 AM   #7
    Secrets1983
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Secrets1983 HB User

OH GOOD.. I hope I did not offend you in my ealier post but you sounded very upset and your talk of death was alarming.. I am just SO happy to hear that you were not thinking of harming yourself! What a relief.

It sounds like you have a lot to deal with being you and your spouse are on suboxone! I hope you two find the strength together and can each continue with this recovery process... Did you ever imagine we would all be sitting in this boat? Never in a million years would I have guessed this.. But here were are... at least we are not alone!

Thanks for the update! I really appreciate it and I really hope God does not come for you anytime soon. It sounds like you have a lot of life yet to live!

Keep posting!
    ~Secrets

Old 01-24-2009, 01:47 PM   #8
    mel486
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

mel486 HB User

Keep it up smith9. Both you and your husband need to work through it together. Going cold turkey from the levels that you stopped at are unimaginable! Keep a Drug Rehab or Hospital number handy. Where I live the hospitals are packed with illegal aliens waiting for free medical treatments, so us other citizens shouldn't be denied health care either, no matter what our financial status is.

For me, walking helps, unfortunately walking around in the middle of the night on the streets doesn't go over well with the cops. Somehow they don't believe that you're walking for your health and become very suspicious when you can't stand still for a second. Last thing I need is being locked up in the drunk tank to thaw out over night!! So, I walk inside the house. Sometimes my wife joins me and we walking in circles 'round and 'round the house together talking and supporting each other (she just had an operation). If the walking doesn't work for you, try to find other (safe) activities that you can both do together to help keep your minds busy when you are in the craving stages. Sky Diving this weekend isn't a good plan for you!!

Have you noticed a time period that the real cravings last for? Not the, "Oh, I wish I had another pill," feeling sorry cravings, but the REAL physically demanding cravings where your body is banging on at 15 foot Chinese Gong, while sirens, horns and Fire Station bells blast into your head and every inch of your body crawls and screams telling your brain, "It's OK. Another pill isn't going to kill you. The bottle is right there - just open it and look at them."? Those are the times to concentrate on being busy. Laying around just allows your mind to start feeing sorry for yourself and causes the mental cravings to increase. Seek help immediately when you KNOW you can't take it any more. Don't even think twice about it.

How are you two doing today? Myself, I'm feeling pretty good after 4 hours sleep.

Old 01-24-2009, 02:13 PM   #9
    smith9
    (female)

smith9 HB User

I doing okay. Thanks for the prayers. And yes I have different technics, but they irritate my husband. I seperate myself from him and take hot showers, bang my head on my pillow, sleep in a cradle position, and pray to god this ends soon. I try to retreat to things I did as a child to comfort myself. I like to sing the national athem out loud, but 2 or 3 o'clk in the morning doing this freaks everyone in my home out. Even my husband. Day by day seems like such a cliche but it is true. Take care of yourselfs and know I will send my prayers your way too!

Old 01-24-2009, 02:15 PM   #10
    smith9
    (female)

smith9 HB User

No you didn't offend me, I know everybody is different and your pain is your pain. I hope I didn't offend you. The night is about to show up, here it's 4:15 pm. Here we go! Let you know if I can't sleep. I might be on later. thanks again

Old 01-24-2009, 02:25 PM   #11
    mel486
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

mel486 HB User

You singing the National Anthem at 2:00 AM is freaking me out too!! :-D

But, whatever works!!

Old 01-24-2009, 10:40 PM   #12
    mel486
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

mel486 HB User

Thanks for the compliment about being cool. I try to stay calm in chaotic situations and let my brain think. I used to be an EMT and the situation can become very hectic in a heartbeat. I've even seen other EMTs and paramedics get caught up in the situation and start to lose their control and as a result lose focus of the patient that they are trying to save the life of. As a result, I try to stay focused on the better things in life, because dwelling on the bad will drive you nuts."

In here, we can only try our best to help other people, while we are helping ourselves and then lean on the group for support when things get bad. I have learned so much in the last 3 days from this forum, it's unbelievable! You are in a different situation where you don't have your drug available at all (until Monday). I keep my drug right here in front of me by the computer. It's right there where I can see it, touch it, open the cap... It's my fight over temptation to stay on track, since fighting the temptation is even harder than the withdrawals!! I read a post earlier today where someone said that they had even thought about injuring themselves, just so they have an excuse to stay on the pain pills. I laughed when I saw that because I have had the same thoughts. Our bodies are sending false hopes to our brain trying to justify us staying on our drug, just a little longer. We just have to belly up to the bar and say, "No! I'm stronger than this and my quality of life is being ruined by staying on it."

Old 01-25-2009, 07:03 AM   #13
    smith9
    (female)

smith9 HB User

Well here I am again, Sunday morning and a very rough night. I went from good to bad to worse and then ok again. My cats are freakin out and watching me like they know something is wrong. I'm hanging in there but counting the hours and hoping just maybe I will not get back on suboxone. I never underestimate my strenghths. We will see. Ok gone watch tv and do something I odn't know what.

Old 01-25-2009, 10:53 AM   #14
    mel486
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

mel486 HB User

My opinion, but I think you should hang in there and see how it goes tomorrow. You've done well so far. Since I had a terrible night, I'm looking for good news today from other people. I regressed last night and dropped off of my plan. I'm disappointed in myself. But, I came up with a new plan this morning that I'm going to try. We just have to live each day one at a time and work towards the best. If we fall off, we need to just re-plan and push forward. Our target, our mission, our goal is making our lives better by being drug free. It will not only make our lives better by being healthier, but the lives of the people around us. Stay in there. I'll be anxious to her how you are doing tomorrow.

Old 01-25-2009, 02:22 PM   #15
    smith9
    (female)

smith9 HB User

We are all human-If not for the mistakes we make how would we learn anything. lol I should be a damn genious by now. Right now I am cleaning house. I have this thing that I can't let things sit undone. With a husband 3 kids six cats, yes 6 (one of my stupid mistakes) I had three and low and behold they multiplied. The sad thing about that is their dad's a vet and could have fixed them. But they are now and I'm babbling so anyway. I am pushing doen water and toast and hoping tomorrow will give me strength. I think I just want to be normal and not wait for it. You will be ok. talk at you later

Closed Thread