It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

2 days off of pills!!! ;)

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-03-2009, 03:24 PM   #1
TaCot
(female)

TaCot HB User
2 days off of pills!!! ;)

Well, it has been 2 days now with no pills. YEA!!! So far, so good. I had a little difficulty with my legs last night, but not bad. So, anyway, just wanted to share that the setback was minor, and I am back on track. I am excited about this. It is so nice not to have a pill bottle chained to me any longer. Have a great weekend, everybody!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-03-2009, 09:09 PM   #2
emsmom
Senior Veteran
(female)

emsmom HB User
Re: 2 days off of pills!!! ;)

Hello tacot,

Congrats!! I'm proud of you! You really are doing great - especially with self-control. Not all of us can do what you've done - keep up the good work.

Love emsmom

Old 01-04-2009, 09:36 AM   #3
TaCot
(female)

TaCot HB User

Thank you so much. I think this was the hardest thing I have ever done. When I quit smoking 5 years ago, it wasn't nearly this hard. Today, at 4:00 p.m. will be 3 days with no pills. I don't even want one, which is probably odd. I didn't like the person I was on the pills. Anyway, thanks for your kind words. It means a lot to me.

Old 01-04-2009, 10:47 AM   #4
reachout
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User

TaCot

Going strong there, Girl. Keep up the great effort!

Funny, when I was using painkillers, I defended myself non-stop and all my reasons were technically legitimate. However, once I stopped, I asked myself, "What the heck were you doing????" I never saw the shell of the person I had become. I have no desire to misuse, abuse, or even use opiates or benzos again. If I have pain, which I often do, I try alternatives always and find relief. Amazing how our thinking truly can change, huh?

Take care and get busy being all the woman you are meant to be.

Hugs
reach

Old 01-04-2009, 11:46 AM   #5
TaCot
(female)

TaCot HB User

Thank you very much, Reach. I can already tell that I am changing. My attitude is a lot better, and I don't sit around all day long now. I actually want to do things and get out of the house. I swear, the mental part of this was harder on me than the physical part. I am looking forward to going to work tomorrow, which hasn't happened in a long time. God, I am so grateful that I did this. Two month ago, I felt like such a loser and had been using pills for three years. I am still getting cold chills at times, but nothing a blanket won't help! I haven't had the leg issue since night before last. I was so fearful to stop taking the pills, but your words, Reach, helped me realize that it wasn't going to bad as a thought it would be. I am so grateful that you posted at a time when I needed it most.

Tapering was the way for me to quit. It was so much easier than I thought it would be and if I would have known this a year, or even two years ago, I would have quit then. I guess what I am trying to say is, it is never hopeless! We can all do this if we make up our minds to.

For everyone going through this, fear is so powerful, but having people like Reach out there to help us makes it so much easier. You are an angel, Reach!!!

Old 01-04-2009, 09:37 PM   #6
BreathNoMore
(female)

BreathNoMore HB User

Congratulations!!! I wish you the best of luck and know you can make it through this. Just stay strong!!

Old 01-05-2009, 08:03 AM   #7
TaCot
(female)

TaCot HB User

Hey, West Virginia, huh? I was born there, in Charleston. Thanks for your kind words. Today, at 4:00 p.m. will be 4 days clean!!! I am feeling great.

Old 01-05-2009, 12:11 PM   #8
Secrets1983
Senior Veteran
(female)

Secrets1983 HB User

Hey Hun!

I am BEYOND PROUD OF YOU! You are doing so great and it really warms my heart! You have made this transition perfectly in my opinion and for that you should be so happy and proud of yourself.

I am so happy to hear that you are liking who you are more and more each day! That is so wonderful. I am glad and impressed that you no longer even want to take a pill.. That in itself I think is the hardest part of recovery! I still have not gotten there unfortunetly! So GOOD FOR YOU! You are a true inspiration and a great motivator to others lurking to show it CAN be done and in the end... you were feeling it was easier than you thought even though it was the hardest thing you had to do.. Weird how that works huh? Maybe it will spur others on not to waste another couple of years because the FEAR is stopping them.. So thank you for sharing all you have!

I just am so happy for you and hope you stick around here! I would miss you terribly if you didn't!

Sending a BIG HUG your way!
~Secrets

Old 01-05-2009, 12:34 PM   #9
ANGELINMICHIGAN
(female)

ANGELINMICHIGAN HB UserANGELINMICHIGAN HB User

Congratulations, good for you, keep up the good work!!!! Lyn in Michigan

Old 01-05-2009, 02:36 PM   #10
TaCot
(female)

TaCot HB User

Thanks, Secrets and Lyn. I am so much calmer off of those damn pills. I was very surprised that I did this so smoothly. I do want people to know that tapering off of pain meds is, for me, much better than cold turkey would have been. It didn't upset my work schedule and I was able to do it without anyone at work knowing about it. I do find it odd that I don't want another pill but, I really don't. I was so uptight on them. I never in a million years, would have expected it to be this easy.

Secrets, you are a wonderful friend and I want you to know that I am thankful for you every single day. You got me through my darkest days, and I will never be able to thank you enough for that.

Old 01-05-2009, 03:23 PM   #11
logalind
(female)

logalind HB User

Tacot:

You are amazing I could never have done it the way you did it. WOW and you don't have any craving. that is beautiful. It was truly your time to quit, I pray everyday for the cravings to go away. My life is way better today than it was when I was using, but. I still get those stupid cravings. But you give me courage and faith that I can go without those horrible little pills for one more day. Keep up the good work and keep posting. Your an inspiration to us all.

Lori

Old 01-05-2009, 04:21 PM   #12
TaCot
(female)

TaCot HB User

Lori, Thank you so much. You can do it. It isn't that I don't think of the pills, I just know I don't want to go back to that. If I ever think of them, I just immediately put something else into my mind. My thoughts are with you. Keep up your good work too!!!!

Old 01-05-2009, 04:23 PM   #13
Secrets1983
Senior Veteran
(female)

Secrets1983 HB User

Lori,

I feel the same way as you... I agree she does give me hope as well!!!! If I could only get those darn cravings to go away... I would be so BLESSED!

Tacot.. you give me such great hope! XOXOX
~Secrets

Closed Thread