It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

What might happen?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-09-2009, 03:14 PM   #1
Redneon82
Senior Veteran
(female)

Redneon82 HB User
What might happen?

Hello to everyone,

I have a question...what would happen if a person was on suboxone, yet continued to abuse street drugs and other drugs?

I know someone who is on a dose of suboxone but is still using crystal meth and abusing prescription pain medications. Is she risking her health in a big way if she's doing the other drugs while on suboxone?

Her elderly father is very worried about her, so I wanted to try to help by finding out some information. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-09-2009, 06:58 PM   #2
mk7657
Veteran
(male)

mk7657 HB User
Re: What might happen?

Combining suboxone with street drugs is like playing Russian roulette. My doctor told me that any drug, especially those of the benzo class, taken with suboxone can result in death as soon as the patient goes to sleep.

mk

Old 01-12-2009, 12:12 AM   #3
logalind
(female)

logalind HB User

I did that I am not proud of it but I did it. 1 time and I felt so stupid cuz I know I was putting my health in danger and didn't do it again. You need to talk to her I believe that that would be just like drinking and taking vicodins you can kill yourself. I know that when you do drugs along with sub you have to use alot more drugs to get the same effect. So she is definitely putting herself in danger.
Get some information from the internet and possibly tt a dr. so you can give her some correct information. Gosh I am really affraid of what this will do to her system.

I will keep her in my prayers.

Lori

Old 01-12-2009, 05:27 PM   #4
Redneon82
Senior Veteran
(female)

Redneon82 HB User

Thanks for the responses.

I was pretty sure that it was dangerous for her to be doing this but wanted some assurance.

She's in jail once again for violating her parole. She is still getting her dose, but I'm assuming her street drug and prescription pain medication abuse must at least be more difficult.

I could talk to her but she denies everything. She steals everything she can get her hands on and steals money from her family, but even when caught red-handed she still denies. So I know she will deny using.

Maybe I can print out this information and leave it for her for when she gets out. I don't know if it would do any good, but at least I tried.

Thanks again.

Closed Thread