It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Drug flashback treatment?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-12-2009, 06:55 PM   #1
CBoych
(female)

CBoych HB User
Unhappy Drug flashback treatment?

Does anyone know if there is a way to treat or minimize drug (specifically mushroom) flashbacks?
My fiance has awful flashbacks, where he twitches, hallucinates, shakes, runs a very high fever, or any combination of the above. They are traumatic for both of us, and very disruptive. They can last anywhere from an hour to twelve hours. It helps when I am physically close, but beyond that, I feel quite useless when this happens. Any advice would be welcome.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-13-2009, 09:02 AM   #2
feelbad
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: Drug flashback treatment?

i would think that seeing an addictionologist may be the way to go. i am sure they deal with this type of issue since this is part of their overall speciality. the thing is,he really does need to be fully evaluated by someone who would know the difference between a flash back and any other possible brain or phsyc/mental health issues,ya know what i mean?

when you get into the brain and the many many different types of problems that can occur,you simply DO need to have that level of expertise. i just don't really know if a regular phsyc doc would have the right level of knowledge to say for certain what it is your fiance is actually suffering from. an addictionologist at least has a much clearer understanding of what flash backs would consist of vs some other type of possible actual mental health disorder(or unfortunetly,any real possible brain damage that could have occured with what he was using). this is the type of doc that i would try and get him hooked up with for the best eval of his situation and what he has been experiencing as far as "symptoms'. you just really NEED to know for certain what IS the actual trigger of these episodes. i do wish you luck with this,please keep me posted. Marcia

Closed Thread