It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• Lortab withdrawals

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-01-2009, 08:43 PM   #1
    Julie Lawrence
    (female)

Julie Lawrence HB User
    Lortab withdrawals

New to board.

GonnaRecover,

I am gonna recover too!!! I have been taking lortab, finally increasing doseage to 3, 10 mg. tablets for pain related to fibromyalgia. (3 months)

Stopped cold turkey 3 days ago. At first I could not understand why I was feeling so ill. (Slow learner I guess). I realized today it is probably withdrawal....I am SOOO HOT AND SICK. Brain spinning some facial numbness, low mood (altogether weird) I feel guilty and rotten about myself, but have been reassured by the message boards that the withdrawal period is reletively short (1-2 weeks).

Resigned from my job, as it increased my fibromyalgoa pain, causing me to increase my doseage. This seemed to much like a slippery slope for me and elected to discontinue hydrocodone use and change my life choices rather than my doseage

I know we can do it!! Think of everything else we have handled in life.

P.S. Have you or anyone else experienced spinning tingling sensations on top of the other previously mentioned withdrawal symptoms.

Hope I heve not made too many spelling blunders!

HOT...HOT.... and sick

Julie

Last edited by mod-anon; 07-02-2009 at 04:06 AM. Reason: starting a new thread with this post.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-01-2009, 09:11 PM   #2
    GonnaRecover
    (female)

GonnaRecover HB User
    Re: Lortab withdrawals

Julie Lawrence;

You are feeling everything I have. The hotness...definitely..OMG...we are close in where we live so I know the heat you are experiencing is bad enough without the withdrawal symptom of heat. It was bad for me last week. Thought I was going to die or dehydrate. Drink, drink and drink Gatorade. I was more afraid to dehydrate thru my withdrawal than anything else. I too have had and still having spinning and tingling sensations. I don't like the spinning...thought I was going to pass out a few times from it...even once today.

I was amazed at how quickly I got thru the really really sick phase. You shouldn't have too much longer...your dosage and time taking was less and much shorter than mine. Gosh...wish I coulda stopped 3 months into it. I have honestly lost so many many many precious moments in life...BUT am happy to say I am on my road back to being "here" for my life.

Yes we can do it. Keep it up. You aren't so so so deep into it and can probably still remember how life was before your pills and the addiction taking over your life. I on the other hand...CANNOT!

Ask anything anytime...seriously.

Last edited by mod-anon; 07-02-2009 at 04:07 AM. Reason: Please use the Quick Reply button instead of Quote Reply.

Old 07-02-2009, 01:44 PM   #3
    brianpain33
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

brianpain33 HB Userbrianpain33 HB User

I just wanted to mention that you might want to try either Lyrica or Neurontin or even Cymbalta for the fibromyalgia. Those medications have been shown to be effective for alot of people and they are non-narcotic. Please be aware that you are still going to have the fibro and if you can not deal with the pain then please ask your doctor about trying one of those medications. good luck.

brian

Old 07-02-2009, 07:39 PM   #4
    Julie Lawrence
    (female)

Julie Lawrence HB User

Brian,

Tried Cymbalta, did not achieve relief. Psy. Doc tapered me off Cymbalta in 4 days, while introducing a new drug for fibro. called "Savella." Really wacked me out. I did not know which of the 3 drugs were affecting me so badly. Oh, I also stopped hydrocodone at the same time.

Started back on the hydrocodone, went cold turkey off the other meds. (That was 2 weeks ago) Stopped taking hydro. 3 days ago. I am waiting to withdraw from this drug before attempting to re-address fibro pain issues.

Hard to type right now..... its pretty ugly!!! Spinning/cramping/ hot/a bit depressed, my body feels like it wants to turn inside-out.....awful!

I have no desire to seek out hydrocodone, as I am placing full blame on this drug for my current state.

ARRRRG!!!! Hangin in there

Julie

Old 07-02-2009, 07:52 PM   #5
    reachout
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User

Hi

From all my own research, Lyrica is a very addicting drug. This is especially true for alcoholics and people who have previously abused drugs. It was touted as non-addictive, but many, many personal anecdotes have shown otherwise.

reach

Old 07-02-2009, 08:17 PM   #6
    Julie Lawrence
    (female)

Julie Lawrence HB User

Thanks for the heads up. It has been only 3-4 months since my first REAL experience with addictive drugs. (Can't even smoke marajuana)(Alcohol also makes me very ill) Hydrocodone seemed fine, at first, until it took more and more to achieve the same results. A bell just went off in my head....DING DING DING... THIS IS NOT A GOOD IDEA!!!!!

Old 07-03-2009, 10:02 AM   #7
    twomany
    (female)

twomany HB User

The withrawal symptoms are terrible. I feel hot, every muscle in body hurts. I have muscle jerks that I can't control and oh all the trips to the bathroom while my body clears this stuff out is awful. I have also expeirenced the spinnig and feel like I'm gonna pass out. I kow what your going through I live in houston and right now we are in triple digit heat. I keep myself inside in ac and really have not been anywhere this week but to couch, computer and bathroom. You haven't been on pain meds long you should be okay in about week but it may take two weeks to feel closer to normal. I have been on pain meds for 10 yrs. and have got up to takeing 5 10mg loratab at a time to feel my high and energy. I'ts a long road to go, but hang in there you will feel better. Looking at the board I see people tappering from all kinds of meds. I had a dr. give tramadol earlier this week and it has helped with wd systems some, I don't feel as bad as times that I have tried cold turkey, but I see people tappering off it too. I can't tell you what to try to get on for pain the, because I'm going through the same thing, trying different things to see what will work the best that I won't get addicted to. Good Luck and please keep me updated, I could use all the help I can get.

Old 07-03-2009, 10:08 AM   #8
    Julie Lawrence
    (female)

Julie Lawrence HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by twomany View Post
    The withrawal symptoms are terrible. I feel hot, every muscle in body hurts. I have muscle jerks that I can't control and oh all the trips to the bathroom while my body clears this stuff out is awful. I have also expeirenced the spinnig and feel like I'm gonna pass out. I kow what your going through I live in houston and right now we are in triple digit heat. I keep myself inside in ac and really have not been anywhere this week but to couch, computer and bathroom. You haven't been on pain meds long you should be okay in about week but it may take two weeks to feel closer to normal. I have been on pain meds for 10 yrs. and have got up to takeing 5 10mg loratab at a time to feel my high and energy. I'ts a long road to go, but hang in there you will feel better. Looking at the board I see people tappering from all kinds of meds. I had a dr. give tramadol earlier this week and it has helped with wd systems some, I don't feel as bad as times that I have tried cold turkey, but I see people tappering off it too. I can't tell you what to try to get on for pain the, because I'm going through the same thing, trying different things to see what will work the best that I won't get addicted to. Good Luck and please keep me updated, I could use all the help I can get.

Old 07-03-2009, 10:24 AM   #9
    Julie Lawrence
    (female)

Julie Lawrence HB User

I am on day five (I think) lose track of all the miserable time. Good news though!
    Bathroom trips are stablizing, normality in that area returning. Last night cramping and were severe, this morning not so much.

I can not imagine 10 years. Ever heard of "Suboxone"? I have not looked into it, due to my belief that my short term usage will produce short term withdrawal, I hope I am right.

Pain is returning slowly, but I have resigned my position and can handle all this at home. If I were still working, I do not know what I would do! Probably get fired. Job was super stressful which only made matters worse and worst, taking more and more Lortab 10's (at a time) to continue employment. Ever watch the TV show HOUSE? I was putting him to shame. Felt like I was being sucked down a mine shaft by these things.

Trips to the bathroom should subside in about 3 days (everyones body is different though) The spins and general ickiness ramain a bit longer (day 5 still dread leaving the house) ARRRG!!!

Keep talking it helps. Last night I wanted to scream!

P.S. Sorry about spelling issues.

Julie

Old 07-03-2009, 11:04 AM   #10
    twomany
    (female)

twomany HB User

I love house, watch him alot and yes I have put him to shame in the yrs. I have been using. Yes I'm looking into suboxone I see a psych dr. on the 21st of this month that perscribes it. I am also gonna get back on my bipolar meds. I'm even scared about suboxone after reading this board and seeing people that have to detoxe of it as well and some are saying it's worse than the hydro wd's. I can't imagine anything being worse than this. I stopped drinking 10yrs. ago but just traded it for the medication. I have one addiction after another since age 13. I plan talking with the psych doctor about all my concerns. Glad to hear your feeling at least a little better, it does give me some hope that I will feel better in a few days. Thanks and good luck. Keep me updated.

Old 07-03-2009, 01:26 PM   #11
    Julie Lawrence
    (female)

Julie Lawrence HB User

Twomany,

Unfortunately, bipolar disorder and addictions sometimes go hand-in-hand. Hubby is bipolar type I w/ psychotic symptoms. When not manic use lulls. When manic everything is on the menu. I really amazes me that he can shut everything off so quickly when he comes out of an episode. (mania usually lasts 3-5 months).

Now that he is on psy. meds he is doing fine. Crossing fingers!!!

I have never experienced withdrawal before. I still, after 5 days, feel like I could climb out of my skin sometimes. I have to go grocery shopping today. I am dreading it! This makes such a simple task seem insurmountable (spelling??) If he were manic right now, I do not know how I would cope. He is being so loving and helpful right now.

Do you have your friends and family's support? If so, hold tight to them, they will help you through it.

Keep writing, its theraputic.

Julie

Old 07-03-2009, 05:16 PM   #12
    Julie Lawrence
    (female)

Julie Lawrence HB User

Note to self "stay clear of Lycera"

Thanks!

Julie

Old 07-03-2009, 07:54 PM   #13
    twomany
    (female)

twomany HB User

Yes, I do have support of family and friends, I an very lucky in that aspect. I have had friends that have stuck with me over half my life and my husband is my rock. We have been together for 14yrs. he has enabled me by gettig neds for me so I would not get in trouble for dr. shopping. But he's behind me 100% to get off this medication and we've talked about it and he's not gonna get them for me now that I am serious about quiting. He hates it just as much or more than I do and he would love to have his old wife back. You seem pretty understanding about your husbands bipolar and wish you both the best in his dealing with it. Glad to see he's on medication now. Part of being bipolar is after we get on the meds and start feeling normal we feel we don't need them, but we do. Thank you so much for chatting with me I really need someone right now that is going through the same thing i am. I have the support but they are not addicts and they listen and give me advise, but i don't think anyone can truly understand unless they have been through it. Hope the grocery store went okay, I know i don't feel like doing anything either. I'm really scared about this weekend, the family wants to go downtown for fireworks and I feel soooo bad. I may take a few tomorrow so I won't be sick and be able to go with them. I was gonna stay home but they really want me to go. I think I have the willpower to only take a few and I've been thinking about tappering instead of ct, my husband said he would help and hold them and does them out to me. I feel so terrible and I do have a few here at home and he's already holding them. I'm gonna try to tapper until i see the psych dr. for suboxone. thanks again for chatting it has really helped alot. you will be in my prayers. keep up the good work and i will too. I'm starting to feel better with the tappering.

Old 07-04-2009, 06:28 AM   #14
    Julie Lawrence
    (female)

Julie Lawrence HB User

twomany,

How did the fourth go? I think tapering would have been a better idea for me, as well. Hind sight is 20/20.

I still can't look in the mirror. What I see there is all gray and drawn. Hopefully, that will go away soon.

Good idea giving your pills to the hubby. I am thinking of accepting the next R/X and bringing it to my mothers house. She is a bit further away (20 miles). It would take serious initiative (PAIN) to froce me to attain one. My husband, I fear, would give in to soon. He hates seeing me in pain. (So do I).

I am also thinking I should not accept the R/X AT ALL. I am on the fence here. Last night HURT, pysically, but I am still alive today. He may have given me one.
    Sometimes the body manifests pain in order to recieve a dose. I am wrestling that right now. I am having a hard time determining which is the real pain, and which is
    only drug manifestation. (Unfortunately, they both hurt)

My husband is also my rock. But, I always have to keep in mind, stress could initiate mania. So I try to keep most of the misery to myself. He knows Its hard for me to get out of the house right now, so he handles most of the household duties requiring outdoor ventures. COULD NOT MANAGE SHOPPING YESTERDAY. Felt guilty-did dished-washed clothes-cleaned bathroom-generally pooped myself out, as a form of punishment.

I can't wait until this is completly past me. I am sure he can't either.

Take care. Love your family.

Julie

Old 07-05-2009, 05:48 PM   #15
    twomany
    (female)

twomany HB User

The fourth didn't go that bad. My husband has my pills and i only took 6 yesterday. That might sound like alot, but considering I would take 5 at 1 time, up to 20 a day, it's much better. The w/d system have went down I don't 100% but at lrast I can function a little better. thank god. I really took a minute think about what u said, about the body manifesting pain to get a does. And I'm sure our bodies are so used having that does that it does. Yes really think about picking up that RX and probably is a good idea to take to your moms, if you feel he won't be strong enough to tell you NO! Nights are seeming to be the worst, not being able to get in a position where it doesn't hurt as bad. I'm also still very emotional, but things are getting better. Can't wait to see the psych on the 21st. I have probation in the morning, please pray i pass my drug test.
    Thanks and good luck, keep it up, your doing great!

Closed Thread