It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• tramadol withdrawal

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-25-2009, 09:16 AM   #1
    twi
    (female)

twi HB User
    tramadol withdrawal

I was having gallbladder problem accompanied by lower back pain, My doctor prescribed tramadol 2 every 4 hours. I took 1 every 8 hours for for about 5 weeks. 4 weeks waitng for gall bladder removal and 1 week after. I was prescribed percoset but didn't want narcotics the anesthesia and morphine shot made me sick as a dog. It has now been three days since i quit taking the tramadol. I am having nightmares depression and super low energy.
    I talked to a nurse who is a friend of mine and she said I am going thru withdrawels and hang in there it will probably take about 2 weeks to get "right" again. Be care with the tramadol all out there it is horrible stuff.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2009, 10:24 AM   #2
    misslizzies
    (female)

misslizzies HB User
    Re: tramadol withdrawel

Hi, I am a regular (mis)user of tramadol and I have been using anything up to 5 x 100mg's of Tramadol for over two years ago. Your friend is correct, you are suffering from withdrawal of the opioid. There have been occasions when I have had these symptoms when I have run out of my supply (300 x 100mg's which last 4 weeks) and it is not pleasant. I find that flu and cold remedies help with the phisical aspect of the comedown but there is little you can do for the psychological problems. In part Tramadol also acts as an anti depressant (in the past it has foolishly been prescribed as an anti depressant) and your body is paddying because you have taken away its comfort blanket! I have found that a prescribed drug such as mertrazipan can help but it's getting a doctor to prescribe it for you that's the problem. it does get better but it can be a slow process. Good luck

Last edited by mod-anon; 08-25-2009 at 12:25 PM. Reason: do not discuss illegal drug use

Old 08-31-2009, 05:30 AM   #3
    wolflew
    (female)

wolflew HB User
    Re: tramadol withdrawel

I had shoulder surgery. Vicodin was originally prescribed but I couldn't tolerate it (50mg 4-6 hr: sweats, dizzy, nausea) so they switched me to Ultram (tramadol) 50mg every 6 hrs. It worked great; no side affects. After two weeks I wanted to be able to drive so stopped taking it altogether; big mistake. I felt crappy; hurt and my sinuses were sooooo messed up. While I was on tramadol my sinuses were great; no breathing problems at all. Doc said I could take Aleve and then Tramadol at night and it shouldn't be a concern for driving. So I did, and felt better, slept better at night. However my sinuses were problematic during late afternoon; so started with Afrin which helped for awhile. Finally saw ENT doc and he said stop Afrin. He put me on Nasacort AQ. Scheuled for allergy tests and not allowed to take Sudafed, Benadryl, or Zyrtec till after allergy tests. Saline spray and Mucinex OK to take. Mucinex has been the saving element along with the cortisoid spray: I can breath again.

Last edited by wolflew; 08-31-2009 at 05:47 AM.

Closed Thread