It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• How to Deal with Oxycontin Withdrawls

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-22-2009, 04:46 AM   #1
    IloveBoxers09
    (female)

IloveBoxers09 HB User
    How to Deal with Oxycontin Withdrawls

How to Deal with Oxycontin Withdrawls my doctor had me one forty mg two tablets two times a day then he just stop writing one took me start off them now i have none and need some home remeidies to withdrawal or what too do

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-22-2009, 11:18 AM   #2
    mel486
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

mel486 HB User
    Re: How to Deal with Oxycontin Withdrawls

Call you doctor and ask what you should do about the withdrawals. Ask to be referred to a doctor familiar with drug withdrawals. Most doctors don't know how to taper people off of opiates and are totally naive to its effects on the body. You should taper off of opiates slowly. Oxycontin withdrawals can be nasty and he should have prescribed something like Percocets that you could taper down off of. You cannot taper off of Oxycontin since it is time release and you cannot cut the pills in pieces. You should taper 10-20% a week until you are down to smaller doses before you jump off. Going cold turkey from 80 mg/day is insane!

Old 10-23-2009, 05:03 AM   #3
    btj
    (male)

btj HB User

Quitting at that dose is something that can be done but I know it is one ride I wish on no one but with determanation you can do it I have its hard but reading everyones posts here really helps. Hot baths and showers about 12 a day for me and airborne there really isnt anything that I know that really helps all that much but time.Fighting it with your mind is the best weapon you are stronger than them nasty pills I have done it twice and it can be done.Just keep your mind positive and you will be done before you know it.

Old 10-23-2009, 08:27 AM   #4
    feelbad
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

just exactly what were you placed on these for and why were you so suddenly stopped off them? your doc simply OWES you a good taper plan either way. this is not something that is just easily handled by yourself(its just a very high does of a time released med). more info would help us to really help you in the very best ways. under certain circumstances, you just DO have certain rights here when it comes to any type of meds being removed from your rx regimine. some just have to be not only tapered up on, but also tapered off of too. knowing the real circumstances would just help to know what your true situation is, and more importantly just what your actual options are. marcia.

Old 10-23-2009, 03:12 PM   #5
    Boxerluver
    Inactive
    (female)

Boxerluver HB UserBoxerluver HB UserBoxerluver HB UserBoxerluver HB UserBoxerluver HB UserBoxerluver HB UserBoxerluver HB UserBoxerluver HB User

Can't help with the question but just wanted to say hi to another boxer lover!

Old 10-30-2009, 01:59 PM   #6
    tyvin
    (female)

tyvin HB User

IloveBoxers09 are you still there? I only ask you that as withdrawal as you said you were going to do could be life threatning. My very soul cried for you as I read your post 1 week after it was posted. I attempted withdrawal in a similiar situation and couldn't do it. I ended up finding a doctor whom weaned me down and included others meds for at least some measure of comfort while it was happening. It took 2 months. I know your pain and wish you well. Every time we fail is not a failure but a win at how well we will win the battle. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. You are not alone.

Closed Thread