It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• Taper Day 2

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-22-2009, 02:38 PM   #16
    Secrets1983
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Secrets1983 HB User
    Re: Taper Day 2

Hey guys!

Sorry I have not been around today. At my office we had out christmas party here and with that and dealing with customers it's been hectic. I got great gifts and a nice fat bonus so I am super excited.

I am feeling like CRAP though! Really crummy. As for the legs, I take hot baths too and that is the only thing that seems to help and it's only temperary.

It's a rough road but it's one we must travel... STAY STRONG MY DEAR FRIENDS!!!! STAY STRONG!!

Blessings and hugs to you all.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-22-2009, 02:50 PM   #17
    dorskin
    (male)

dorskin HB User

Hey Secrets

Great to hear about the bonus. I hope to get one this year, but with this economy the firm might not give them out.

The leg thing is rough but do-able. The baths help but I find a brisk walk makes them jelly so I can sleep.

Merry Christmas
    d

Old 12-22-2009, 02:57 PM   #18
    Secrets1983
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Secrets1983 HB User

Hey there buddy!

Thank you so much for checking in on me. It's really nice to know someone cares. I hope all of our w/d symptoms go away soon. Enough suffering has gone on but I said that the last time and I relapsed so maybe I have to go thru it longer this time? I hope you are doing okay and I hope you get that BIG FAT BONUS from your firm this year!!!!! My fingers are crossed for you.

I hope you have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS! Are you going to be okay this year without having the Mrs. around? If you need to talk, you know I am your girl. I will listen anytime.

You are always in my prayers friend! Hang in there.

Old 12-29-2009, 08:23 AM   #19
    dorskin
    (male)

dorskin HB User

Hey there girl, what a rough holiday. I was able to mend one relationship, my brother. We had some nasty words right before leaving for Vegas.....almost ruined our trip. We didn't talk for a few months and we usually chat once a day, at least. The ex and I are getting through this tough time. They are packing for their 1/7/10 move and I'm eagerly anticipating being able to actually clean the house and keep it that way. I hate messes.

I was able to talk to my sponsor and got him to agree to a new program for me of controlling the pain in my back. He holds my medicine and I have to see him once a day to pick it up. At that time we have a lil impromtu meeting and talk about things. 30 meetings every 30 days. Pretty intense but it is opening my eyes to things I had blinded myself to in the program.

Gotta run, have a great day. Hope all is well

Big Hug
    d

Old 12-29-2009, 09:01 AM   #20
    Secrets1983
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Secrets1983 HB User

Hey D,

Big Hug to you too buddy! Your commitment sounds so strong and I am so proud of you for that! I like that you have taken the pill control out of your hands but into someone else's who can help you thru this.

I had a feeling this holiday season would be a hard one for you! I thought about you over the weekend and prayed that you had some happiness in your heart.

This new year D is going to be different for us friend. I can feel it in all of my bones. I am excited for the new year ahead and everything that it will bring. The good, the bad, the ugly. I feel more prepared to deal with it! hahaha

You keep on doing what you are doing! I am proud of you! KUP!
    Hugs and Blessings to you!

Old 12-30-2009, 08:36 AM   #21
    dorskin
    (male)

dorskin HB User

What a great attitude to take into the new year. I am trying my hand at that as well and am looking forward to all the one on one time I get to spend with my boy. That's going to be great!!

Life is a lot easier w/o temptation right next to me at all times.

We're in this for the long haul and we will come out the other side.........clean

Take care and have a wonderful day
    d

Old 12-30-2009, 12:05 PM   #22
    Secrets1983
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Secrets1983 HB User

I am so happy for you! Quality time with your son is priceless. Those days spent together will be the memories he holds close to his heart for all the days of his life. What a blessing to be able to create those memories with him. I just know you are a wonderful father.

This new year I think brings hope to a lot of people out there and a lot of members of this board. If we are positive with our actions than I know our outcomes will be too. That is what I am focusing on. I really am.

I am so glad to have such dear friends to walk down this road with because I could never do this alone. EVER! You are stuck in my heart for good.

Blessings.

Last edited by Administrator; 02-13-2010 at 10:18 PM.

Closed Thread