HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Addiction & Recovery (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/addiction-recovery/)
-   -   Taper Day 2 (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/addiction-recovery/726441-taper-day-2-a.html)

Secrets1983 12-11-2009 11:26 AM

Taper Day 2

Hey guys!

I thought I would journal my Tramadol taper and maybe it would help someone else out there. Plus, writing about this helps me too.

So I was taking between 10-16 50mg Tramadol pills a day. Yesterday I decided ENOUGH WAS ENOUGH! I started a taper and dropped down to 3 pills in the am and then 2 at night because I figured out I only had 27 pills left. Today is day two and I took 2 pills this morning and I will take 2 more tonight. W/D are no walk in the park but I know this will get worse!

I called my Dr for a refill so I could taper down properly and not so quickly and it was denied. SO I called back and explained that I needed to taper down off of this instead of trying to do it with 20 some pills. I am waiting for a call back today. I pray he helps me!

Anxiety has more than set in and I am having cravings. I am tired and out of sorts but I know this is part of the territory and I have to face it in order to make myself proud again.

I am sure I will just keep writing and writing as that is what I do.... Thanks for everyone's support thru this. I think I am in for a REALLY hard weekend.

Blessings to you all.

mel486 12-12-2009 08:56 AM

Re: Taper Day 2

Hey Secrets. I hope your doctor understands and maybe he can give you a few pills to taper down properly. If not, well... you know what will happen. I'm wishing you the best!

dorskin 12-14-2009 12:12 PM

Hey Secrets, good to hear you're in the middle of a taper. Hope the dr helps you out. I am starting a cold turkey and this sux. 28 hours clean and not having fun......at all. Hope everything works out for ya.

I pulling for you

d

Secrets1983 12-14-2009 02:20 PM

Dorskin,

How is the heck did we get ourselves into this situation again? UGH! I am so proud of you though! Cold Turkey, you bad a$$. There is no way I could make it thru that and work. It is so good to hear from you again! It's been too long.

Thanks for your ongoing support! I have not heard back from the Dr's office today yet. Believe me, I called because by tapering like this.. I only have enough to get thru the next day and a half and I am scared to death of how I will be feeling because I HAVE to be at work. It's not optional at all.

Thanks guys!

dorskin 12-15-2009 09:28 AM

Hey Secrets, it has been too long. Like you said, when someone goes MIA it usually isn't a good sign. I'm happy to say that I have a plan in place and good support around me. I dropped off the deep end when the Mrs and I split, it finally happened. It will be for the better but it's still tough to deal with.

I'm proud of you and your honesty, something I'm working on. I plan to be on here........and clean.

Big hug
d

Secrets1983 12-15-2009 11:21 AM

Hello!!!

I am now on taper day 5. FINALLY got a hold of my dr's office!!!! Only because I called them AGAIN. The Dr. did allow for 30 more of the Tramadol but gave me no taper instructions so I will have to come up with my own which I should be able to do. When I started this I was taking 10-16 a day. When I found out I was not getting anymore I jumped down to 2 in the am and 2 in the pm and am suffering a good amount of w/d. So do you guys have any good idea's for me? I know Reach's modo is once you make a decrease you stick there so should I stay at the 4 a day for another week and then drop down to 2 a day? I have to calculate this out.

Dorskin,
I am sorry to hear about the break up. I knew you were going thru a lot with that situation and I am sorry that you have had to go thru all of this on top of the addiction stuff too. I am so proud of you though for seeing that the breakup is for the best in the long run and now you can focus on yourself and only yourself so that you can beat this addiction once and for all. That is how I feel and we can do it together. Honesty is something that is hard and believe me, everytime I have to fess up to something on here, it about tears me apart because I am so embarrassed and ashamed of myself. However, in real life, I suck at being honest about my addiction so I feel pathetic for that.I am so glad you plan on sticking around here. I have missed you and we can honestly support one another because we know exactly what the other is going thru.
Hang in there my friend!
Hugs!

dorskin 12-15-2009 02:22 PM

Secrets
I have a lot of things happening in my life and this is a major hurdle. I will PM you about some of the things, not wanting to thread jump.

I hope everything works out for you in your taper and it seems your in a good mindset. It's great to chat with you again. Good luck, I got faith.

d

dorskin 12-17-2009 09:10 AM

Hey there Secrets,

You hanging in there? How goes the fight?

Hope your doing well
d

Secrets1983 12-17-2009 10:33 AM

Hey D,
Just logged on for the day. I am feeling pretty miserable. I have no energy that even typing this makes me want to nod off. My legs are getting really bad. Today I dropped down to 1 in the morning and I am going to try and only take 1 tonight.
I could just kick myself over putting my body and mind thru this again. If I could only just get in bed right now it would help big time. I work for another 5 hours though. UGH

How are you doing buddy? Hanging in there? Thanks for checking in.
XOXOX

dorskin 12-17-2009 10:45 AM

Good to hear. Im doing well, it's my Friday!! Watching The Hangover here at the office......no work. Im moving slow and am having the usual withdrawal feelings. They seem to be less every time I have to go through them, all depends on how long I was off the wagon.

Big hug girl...........gotta run.
d

Secrets1983 12-17-2009 02:26 PM

D,

I am so glad you are dealing with those w/d quite well it sounds. I think I am a much BIGGER baby than you are. hahaha I just can't STAND the feeling of w/d which just boggles my mind why allow myself to keep going thru it. UGH.

I wish I was watching a movie right now at work... So jealous buddy!

Sending you a big warm hug right back. My withdrawal partner..... I don't know what I am going to do without you this weekend when I have no computer access. UGH.

XOXOX

perksnomore 12-17-2009 06:34 PM

you are doing so good tapering! i dont know how you do it, i cant taper for crap! when i first saw the sub doctor he asked me "why dont you just taper off the percocets?" i was like "because i cant!". duh obviously thats why i am here doc. ya know? I hope you are feeling better soon. How are your legs? last night, i woke up every half hour because of my legs, cant stand that!

Well keep up the good work! This is my first time trying this for real and having someone to talk to and in a way "go through it together" really helps me....I will be following your updates to see how you are doing. My boyfriend of nine years and the father of my kids, takes tramadol and always runs out early and goes through hell!! i have heard that for some people it is harder to go off of than opiates. I keep telling him to get off the tramadol or its just gonna get worse for him! and then again, i have to worry about me right now and how i will get through this.

well i am gonna attempt to sleep tonight, man i hope it works....keep up the good work, girl. We will make it!

Secrets1983 12-18-2009 01:41 PM

Hey Perks,

Thanks honey! Yes, we can do this. I feel like hell to be honest. I can't stand it. I am so done this time. I am DONE. I am so looking forward to the future. I just need to get past this... Then...... it will be different. I could rip my legs off right now and throw them at the wall because that is how much they are driving me crazy :mad:

I hope you get some sleep tonight too. I hope we both sleep right on thru as many w/d as we can. I am going to try and sleep as much as I can.

Hang in there honey! We will do this together.
Hugs!

fate61 09 12-18-2009 05:19 PM

Secerets,
Hey girlfriend, I too would love to rip my damn leggs off and throw them out a window!
Crap when does this ever end? This is day 12 for me and still they start to kill me in the late afternoon and become sometimes unbrearable. "GOD" *ug*
What do you do to help them?
Nothing seems to really work, except a hot bath and then it only releieves them for a minute. I told Jeremey I felt like I was going to turn into a damn fish anyminute! *lol*
Sleep ,what is that? Well I did get a little for the first time last night. I hope it comes again tonight for you and me as well.....
Take care of yourself and I'll check in later with ya

dorskin 12-21-2009 08:52 AM

Hey all

I don't have anything important to say I just wanted to check and hear how the weekend went? Not much work today so I should be on most the day.

d