It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• Day 4 cold turkey from 400mg+ oxy per day

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-19-2010, 02:34 PM   #46
    icehouse3z
    Veteran
    (male)

icehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB User
    Re: Day 4 cold turkey from 400mg+ oxy per day

lol i didnt even catch that

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-19-2010, 02:45 PM   #47
    reachout
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User

Hey Music

You have a quick wit there and a sharp eye! Good one.

Laughing
    reach

Old 02-20-2010, 10:05 AM   #48
    icehouse3z
    Veteran
    (male)

icehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB User

Hi all, i was just looking back from the start of the thread and just reading everything. its amazing how much of it i missed, probably because i was still in such a haze. it was so nice last nite to go out on a date with somebody and enjoy life, i didnt think about pills once. usually on friday nights id be at home by myself using or in w/d. ugh. what a horrible life. i felt like i was livng again, having fun, not needing to take a pill to bury my emotions. we went to dave and busters (like chuckie cheese for grown ups). i still cant believe she beat me at basketball 4 times in a row. thats my game! we made bets before we started, looks like im cookin spaghetti cuz thats all i can do. i told her if its uneatable ill take her to a nice italian restaurant. gota go for now, ill keep posting as i go.

thanks for all the well wishes and rooting

Ice

Old 02-23-2010, 12:18 PM   #49
    monkey55s
    (female)

monkey55s HB User

congrat's great going !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-27-2010, 05:24 PM   #50
    icehouse3z
    Veteran
    (male)

hey yall checkin in, doin good, this girl is really helpin to take my mind of the pills, bein spendin alot of time with her so im really not online much anymore, iim not the vegetable i used to be sitting around at home doing nothing, im getting more active and social like i used to be longe before the pills clouded my mind body and soul, take care ill keep postin

Old 02-28-2010, 01:29 PM   #51
    reachout
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User

Hiya Ice

Great to hear so many nice things are going on in your life these days. The world is new again when we become sober, huh? I am really glad that happines is finding its way to you again.

I do need to remind you gently, Ice, that I am not hearing anything about aftercare or support going on in your life. We can not forget about that when things are running smoothly, Buddy. It needs to be a constant for us. We need to prepare for when Life does hand us some stress. And it will at some point. We have talked before about this being a missing piece in maintaining recovey for you. Please, don't ignore this important part of sobriety.

I am not trying to rain on your parade, Ice. I want the happiness to continue for you and that is why I am throwing this reminder out to you. I want you to enjoy your new found girl and your new found sobriety. Both of these things will take work to remain in your life. Don't forsake one for the other.

Always on your side
    reach

Old 02-28-2010, 05:05 PM   #52
    icehouse3z
    Veteran
    (male)

hey reach, yes your 100% right on the aftercare. im not gona make excuses cuz id only be fooling myself. now i do have insurance, im wondering if i should look for places through their website. i know theres privacy acts in place, i really would prefer if my employer did not find out i was in any type of rehab, even outpatient. i know they say they dont discriminate but we all know they do. iam looking up some places in my city right now and writing #'s down to call tomorrow, i know life will have some curve balls coming my way as they do for all of us, thats just life. i know how quickly people can fall back into the trap, ive slipped many times. but iam enjoying being sober, im not saying the cravings may not hit hard in the future, and thats were the aftercare plays an important part. so tomorrow will be phone call day, hope you have a good week, geez were goin into march tomorrow! unreal

Old 02-28-2010, 05:52 PM   #53
    reachout
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Hey

Just stopped by before signing off the computer for the night. Glad I did as you have made my night. I am so proud of you for getting those numbers. I do believe the HIPPA laws will 100% protect you, Ice. My employer never knew when I was seeking counseling for the drugs or medical attention for them. Only people who knew were those I told.

Ice, I am happy for you, Buddy. Really happy. Being able to experience the fun, the happiness, the outright joy of fully participating in Life again.... there is just no comparison. Keep reaching for the stars.

Hugs
    reach

Old 02-28-2010, 08:15 PM   #54
    icehouse3z
    Veteran
    (male)

thanks reach...youve been a big part of helping me through this, i know its a lifetime battle but iam truly grateful for your support, i can tell you really do care. im gona call it a day as well, ttyl

Ice

Old 03-01-2010, 11:09 AM   #55
    mydaughtersmom
    (female)

mydaughtersmom HB User

How are you doing now...love the successes!

Old 03-02-2010, 06:44 PM   #56
    icehouse3z
    Veteran
    (male)

hey guys i have an update, well i had the root canal done which was no fun. i tried to make it with the motrin alone but the pain was bad and i was at work so i called them and asked for a small amount of vicodin, the regular 5/500. i tried to stick to the motrin but i just wasnt getting relief and i cant miss work, so i only got 20 and honestly wont even take them all. i wish i didnt have to take any narcotic but this time i took them for the right reasons and im not gona beat myself up over it. i was able to finish my shift and it did help with the pain,ive only taken 6 in 2 days im gona switch back over to the motrin tomorrow. if the motrin does the trick from here on out the rest of the vicodin is goin down the toilet. im not tempted to take more than prescribed as i have been for so long. i like feeling sober. 6...5mg hydrocodone is very small potatoes compared to the amount of oxy i was taking, i think my god im lucky didnt overdose, so many times i could have passed out and never wokin up. im greatful to be alive. i really want to help people cuz i know the # of people abusing pain pills is MUCH higher than what the news reports i believe, and im afraid its only going to get worse. no matter what i will keep posting, and above all i promise i will be honest with everybody here, you all are my friends whether you post on here or not, if your struggling with addiction i know what your going through, gona try to go to bed early. gnite all

Ice

Old 03-02-2010, 06:58 PM   #57
    icehouse3z
    Veteran
    (male)

i forgot to mention as far as the aftercare i do have a few #'s of some places in my area, i will call them tomorrow, in my line of work the first of the month we are slammed, will let you know how that goes, its important for me to follow through with that and really i should have made some phone calls awhile ago, tomorrows a new day

Old 03-05-2010, 12:11 PM   #58
    icehouse3z
    Veteran
    (male)

Just checking in, been busy lately, i flushed the last 8 vics down the toilet yesterday. The pain was gone and so were the rest of the pills.i dont even need motrin my teeth done hurt anymore which is a relief. i didnt think twice about hanging onto them just in case SOMETHING happened. i need to deal with my emotions being sober, iam happier, more outgoing,yes things will get crazy at times but thats how life is. i went through alot growing up and did just fine without any painpills for 23 years.

ive made some phone calls to NA places near me on my breaks but need to start attending the meetings after work and on the weekends.

I dont know if anybody on here has seen celebrity rehab with Dr. Drew, but it hit me pretty good. (he understand addiction, really wants to help people, he gets it.) i saw it for the first time yesterday. he said something along the lines of.... the period after their immediate treatment and the time between going to sometime of support group, in their case sober living is the really critical part and thats were the road to recovery really begins. thats where iam at, in between...this is where you either go back to using or start living sober again.

gota run for now, TGIF!

Ice

Old 03-05-2010, 06:25 PM   #59
    icehouse3z
    Veteran
    (male)

i need to post, feelin kinda down right now, i know its part of the process, it just sucks, im just tryin to keep busy hopefully i can tire myself out and sleep well tonite

Old 03-05-2010, 06:32 PM   #60
    icehouse3z
    Veteran
    (male)

Reach! i miss you, how have you been, i havent seen u post on the boards lately, your always helping people on here, hows everything with you? its crazy but i think about you at times...hope ur doin well.

Closed Thread