It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• Day 4 cold turkey from 400mg+ oxy per day

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-21-2010, 09:10 AM   #76
    reachout
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User
    Re: Day 4 cold turkey from 400mg+ oxy per day

Hiya Ice

How was that steak? Doesn't it feel good to actually care about what we are eating? Chuckles. We went to a wedding yesterday. Hubby and I had both ordered prime rib, which I really love. I asked for an end cut. Ice, they brought a plate with an end cut that was the size of a roast big enough for a family of four! Hahahaha! I dug in but just could not eat that. We brought it home and have enough for dinner for both of us tonight. Hahahaha!

I had a bit of wistful regret that I can no longer dance the way I used to. My leg just does not have the stamina to handle the pain dancing can cause without pain pills. Then I thought about t a bit more. Yeah, tha pain pills allowed the pain to be masked so I could dance, but they also made me so zoned out that I didn't really enjoy the company of others around me. Not a very balanced trade0off in the long run. So yesterday, I enjoyed a couple of sloe dances with Hubby and spent the rest of the time yakking it up with the folks around me. It was good times all in all.

It is a beautiful day outside here. Hope it is where you are also. Good day to spend a bit of time outside and enjoying the ability to once again enjoy it. Have a good one.

reach

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-21-2010, 10:54 AM   #77
    ginabird
    (female)

ginabird HB User

dearest Ice and Reach - Ginabird here, the newbie . 5 year Norco addict. Just wanted to say something--I am so encouraged reading your posts. I just spent the last hour weeping as I am so fortunate to have found somebody who "speaks" my language; my fears, anxiety, ups and downs. And god, can I really ever get beck the person I was before evil Norco entered my life?? You give me hope. And Wendy88 must be sent from God, She and I have been sharing our struggles and failures this past week. I, too, have been looking at this site for over a year. At least I just had the courage to join. God, I just wish I could catapult myself into a year from now and be free of this. But the wd's are seemingly impossible for me to overcome, which is why I keep falling down on this climb.

Old 03-23-2010, 07:16 AM   #78
    reachout
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User

Hey Ice

Just a quick checking in to see how the day is going for you. Hoping it is a good one and one that finds determination strong in your sobriety. Today will be a busy day for me. Errands to run and a grandbaby to watch. Good times!

Ginabird, I am lifted up by your words. Anytime we can help and encourage one another is uplifting. Take those times of withdrawal symptoms and turn them into healing symptoms. That is a part of acceptance.... rather than struggle against withdrawal, accept it all as a time of healing and each symptom is bringing you closer to being drug free. It is so much easier to fight for victory than against a foe.

Peace all
    reach

Old 03-23-2010, 07:37 AM   #79
    icehouse3z
    Veteran
    (male)

icehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB User

Hey Reach, gettin ready for for so gota make this quick. Alls good, been busy as well which is a good thing. bah! theres of ton of errands i have to run myself. so many things which ive let go. Iam looking foward to getting things back in order with a clear head!

Gina hang in there,and listen to Reach. Shes helped me a ton and continues to. shes battled the same thing we're goin through so she can relate. hang tuff!

Old 03-23-2010, 01:03 PM   #80
    Secrets1983
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Secrets1983 HB User

Hey Ice!

I am so proud of you! It seems like you are really getting your affairs in order! You have come so far and you should be so proud of yourself.

I just wanted to say hello and wish you well!

Blessings!

Old 03-23-2010, 11:45 PM   #81
    icehouse3z
    Veteran
    (male)

icehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB User

Thx for the well wishes secrets, i know i have a long road ahead of me.im just takin things one day at a time. the next step is keeping up with the aftercare. hows everything with you goin? i know you went through alot recently, hope things have settled down a bit.

take care

Ice

Old 03-24-2010, 08:25 AM   #82
    Secrets1983
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Secrets1983 HB User

Great attitude Ice! One day at a time is the right way to do it buddy! I wish you nothing but the best and honestly if you could make it thru what you already have then you can make it thru the aftercare successfully! I really do have faith in you. You have so much to be proud of Ice.

I am doing alright. Physically I am still struggling with pain but emotionally things seem to be getting better day by day. I am so lucky to have the husband I do because if not for him, I would have completely fallen apart. If I could just get my body to heal now, I would be doing pretty good considering. Thanks for your concern.

Keep doing what you are doing Ice! Sometimes even hour by hour or minute by minute is what you will need to do to get thru a day but with your strength you have all the tools to make it thru!

Blessings!

Old 03-26-2010, 01:01 PM   #83
    icehouse3z
    Veteran
    (male)

Hey just checkin in. Glad your gettin through it Secretes. one day at a time is how have have to approach things sometimes. been busy with work, TGIF!! i plan to just relax this weekend, watch some college hoops, i have a few errands i need to run as well, nice weather here so ill besure to get some sun on my skin. forgot how good that feels....drug haze robs you of all that! you dont even notice all the little things in life that end up being the best. gota run, take care!

Old 03-28-2010, 06:14 AM   #84
    reachout
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Morning, Ice

As I read your last post, a lot of memories came back at me. As I became clear-headed tapering off the drugs, I had to work so hard at remembering what the common little things in life even were. Thinkmking about running errands, watching a little something on TV, even doing everyday chores had become so far removed from my everyday life and thinking that I had to actually re-program my thinking to make them become evryday pieces of my life again. Sometimes I would find myself standing stock still and thinking hard about what I might be doing. It would come like a revelation... like, "Oh! I can sweep the floor," or "Oh! I can empty the dishwasher." It was during times like this that it would really hit me how much of a drug haze I had been existing in for a long, long time.

Just like getting through withdrawal, it took me lots and lots of baby steps to find everyday routine again. Whoever thought there could be pleasure in picking up around the house??? Truthfully, though, it does feel good to me now and I am grateful for even the most mundane tasks. Life is not always exciting, but there is a lot of satisfaction in accomplishing some kind of task or experiencing some little pleasure each day. Yeah, our eyes do become new again to all that is around us.

So enjoy the hoops on TV, enjoy some sunshine on your face this weekend... even enjoy getting up for work each workday and celebrating the fact that you are not just existing anymore, but really and truly living. I am celebrating with you.

Hugs
    reach

Old 04-04-2010, 08:43 AM   #85
    icehouse3z
    Veteran
    (male)

Hey all, Happy Easter! hope everybodys doing well. each day gets better and i find things coming a little more into focus each day. i know it will take time as ive been on the oxy at such an insane dose for along time. things are good though. gona go up and see the niece and nephew for easter, i remember when i was a kid we used to go on this massive easter egg hunt at a hotel, such a blast to be a kid. i still try to act like one sometimes :P

have a good one

-Ice

Old 04-12-2010, 06:26 AM   #86
    reachout
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Hi Ice

It's been awhile, hasn't it? My life has been a bit hectic (for my life) and I have not been posting much. Easter, birthdays and out-of-town company have kept me busy of late. Also, some extra duty babysitting for the grandbabies to help out during a small family crisis. Then poor hubby's back went out and I needed to care for him. All-in-all, probably more activity than I have had in a long time. I have been able to rest the last couple of days and feel more refreshed now.

How goes it wqith you, Buddy? Have you maintained? I sure hope so. Sometimes when we get back into the 'swing" of life, it can be a overwhelming. If the pills call our names during overwhelming times, we have got to push that voice down and march on. The calling stops eventually. Yes, it does. A time will come when pills won't even enter our thinking as we go through life sober. We become more and more able to function without them as a coping skill. I get a boost everytime I just face life head on and deal with whatever falls in my path. It boosts my confidence and I think to myself, "Yes, I can do this." Funny the things that used to send me into a spiral of panic... a visit with friends or family, thinking about a chore or a bill that was due. I look back now and see that I had taught myself to fear everything. Blah. It was a lousy life like that.

So we reteach the old brain new tricks. Smiles. Never too old or too far gone to work on that. I still have much to learn and look forward to the lessons that come.

Give a shout when you can. I continue to hold you up in my prayers and thoughts.

Always
    reach

Old 04-14-2010, 09:33 PM   #87
    icehouse3z
    Veteran
    (male)

hey things are going good, still adjusting, been getting out more, keeping busy with work so i dont vegitate infront of the tv and computer like i used to so iam not online as much. been taking fish oil and i swear by the stuff,more energy, been sleeping better, and on my bloodwork my cholestorol has never been so low, same with triclycerides. i want to be the only "pill" iam on for the rest of my life. going to start exercising more in the near future, dont wana do too much too quick.....take care

Ice

Closed Thread