It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• Day 4 cold turkey from 400mg+ oxy per day

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-11-2010, 12:31 PM   #1
    icehouse3z
    Veteran
    (male)

icehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB User
    Day 4 cold turkey from 400mg+ oxy per day

Hey everybody out there whos struggling with addiction. I think i made it out of the worst of it, i did my last oxy thursday night, im starting to feel normal again, i had to take off friday from work, no way i could go in, first , the weekend was aweful.(at least there was playoff football on!) ......3 1/2 days for me was a nightmare, even this morning i felt horrible, i was gona call in sick today but i forced myself to go, once i started moving around instead of laying in bed all day i started to feel ALOT better, i actually made it to work today and starting to feel good, and starting to feel the real me is coming back.

Now i did use a few things to help with the withdrawal, i cycled with tylenol and motrin for aches, clonidine helped alott, esp with sweats, restless feeling, and insomnia. although i havent had much sleep, thats been the worst part, also i take benadryl nightly for sleep, and xanax. also immodium. all those helped. im not gona lie there was times i wanted to rip my hair out, but to think that after 4 days im back at work is pretty cool. now im not back to full speed and dont expect to be for awhile but energy is coming back, appitite is nil. make sure you keep hydrated though, for me it was gatorade and water, also ensure drinks help as well, bananas too thats about all i can stomach right now. I just wanted to post this, you can do it if you want to. Hope this helps some folks out there.

The Following User Says Thank You to icehouse3z For This Useful Post:
    toniCfrPC (12-20-2010)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2010, 01:06 PM   #2
    Secrets1983
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Secrets1983 HB User
    Re: Day 4 cold turkey from 400mg+ oxy per day

HOLY COW!

THe hair all over my body is standing straight up! YOU ARE AMAZING! Honestly, that was a very large amount to go cold turkey from... I can't even believe this! I don't think you know how proud of yourself you should be.

For once Secrets is SPEACHLESS!!!!!! Take a bow buddy and KUP!
    Blessings,

Old 01-11-2010, 01:53 PM   #3
    reachout
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User

Hey Icehouse

It's been a while.. good to see you again. It is pretty amazing that you were able to cold turkey off that amount of oxy. Glad you survived it and are started to feel grounded again.

What prompted such a drastic step? Are you getting involved in any kind of aftercare? I hope so. It is important. Hope you stay in touch with the board, also, so that we can offer support as you move forward.

Stay healthy, stay committed
    reach

Old 01-11-2010, 02:12 PM   #4
    icehouse3z
    Veteran
    (male)

icehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB User

Hey Secerets and reachout, just a quick reply and thanks to both of you, im at work and need to make this one quick. I have relapsed several times, and really dont want to again. I know now that I do need some type of support system, before i thought i could just kick it forever on my own, but i cant and i know that now. This W/D's were horrid, I caught myself yawning so i had to go to starbucks hehe. I know i have a long road ahead I need to call some NA places in my area.

Take care

Old 01-11-2010, 03:25 PM   #5
    icehouse3z
    Veteran
    (male)

To reach, i pretty much got sick of it owning every minute of my life, the new year had alot to do with my decision as well, its just such an aweful way to live, in fact when you are using you really arent living in my opinion, i miss the person i used to be, i used to be outgoing and wanting to be active. ive isolated myself and basically became a vegetable, for along time i was getting nothing out of it too, its just a waste. I needed it just to keep from the w/d.

Old 01-11-2010, 07:19 PM   #6
    reachout
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User

Ice

Great post to read, Buddy. I'll walk alongside of you always with the hope that it can be the real thing. I know you have struggled for a long time. You are so right when you write about how the drugs can own us. It sucks the life and spirit right out of us.

The aftercare, the reinforcement... it is just vital, Ice. I know you remember FullCircle. It finally came to him that there was more than just withdrawal to deal with. We are all waiting for him to post when he completes a 30 day rehab. I think until we surrender and accept that the drugs are controlling us, we can not truly fight back to regain control. Once we accept it, then we stand a fighting chance.

If an urge to use comes, get on here and post. It doesn't matter if there is not an immediate response. Just getting the truth out in black and white can relieve the temptation.

I am proud of you, Bud, for stepping up and fighting. Stay strong, stay committed, do it. I know you can.

With hugs and hope
    reach

Old 01-11-2010, 07:52 PM   #7
    icehouse3z
    Veteran
    (male)

Reach, I knew before i posted the thread you would have your postive words for me. You've helped alot of people on here. It means alot and this is really the only support i have right now, where i dont know any of you but I know EXACTLY how you feel if your addicted to anything.

Ive been a lurker for along time, this is a great site, and I know theres alot of people going through what Iam. I know theres people reading this post right now who are still using whatever they are addicted to and wanting to kick it so bad. I hope my post can help one person. I think for most people, as far as opiates go i think 3-5 days is the worst most would agree, even going C/T. I couldnt do the weaning thing, just couldnt. Today was one of the best days in along time for me, and it was just a typical monday at work. I just feel myself being reset, its hard to believe 12 hours from now i felt the absolute WORST of the withdrawal, I almost had to call in again, but i forced myself to go to work and get moving, i think that was huge for me. I felt crappy the first few hours but each hour that goes by I feel better, physically and mentally. I can actually feel my natural receptors firing and kicking in. Ive been on such a high dose of oxycontin for so long and i feel a cloud over my head fading. I know the cravings are gona hit. I realize how important getting into a support group is, i didnt in the past.

Goodnite all, hopefully i can get more than 2 hours of sleep tonite

Old 01-12-2010, 12:14 AM   #8
    icehouse3z
    Veteran
    (male)

Hey guys, Iam havin another ruff nites sleep. I did pass out for a few hours but its midnight now and im up. Iam hangin tuff though, i feel my appetite coming back a little. Im thinking sleep is the last thing to come, at least in my case.

Old 01-12-2010, 06:03 AM   #9
    reachout
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Good morning, Ice

The lack of sleep is a real problem. When we get overtired from it is when we can make bad decisions. Recognize that and fight against it.

As I worked to overcome that no sleep deal, I found that keeping myself on a really strict routine helped to some degree. I followed a routine every night.... I would take a warm bath at the same time, lay in bed with the lights low and watch a bit of TV, then shut off the lights at the same time every night. I tried to train my body and brain to become consistent. I also took Melatonin, 3 mg, each night one hour before lights out. Melatonin is what our brains produce to let our bodies know that it is time to wind down and fall asleep. It can be bought at any pharmacy or grocery store or places like Target.

You are off to a wonderful start, Ice. Keep that momentum going strong with lots of thought and determination.

Rooting for you
    reach

Old 01-12-2010, 06:25 AM   #10
    icehouse3z
    Veteran
    (male)

Thanks reach, and you are right on as always. That what im worried about, the lack of sleep will screw with my head. Well its day 5, hardly any body aches, yesterday when i woke up i had em bad. energys better and feel a little hungry. im gona try the melatonin. its just a matter of time til it all straightens out. i just have to remain vigilant.

Old 01-12-2010, 04:45 PM   #11
    mel486
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

mel486 HB User

Hey there icehouse3z. I'm glad to see how well you are doing. I tried going cold turkey from 60 mg/day and I couldn't make it and ended up tapering down to get off of the oxy. You really are an inspiration to other people. I hope the insomnia eases up for you. Hang in there and we're here to encourage you and help out the best we can. Good Luck!

Old 01-12-2010, 05:29 PM   #12
    rogue89029
    (male)

rogue89029 HB User

Congradulations, As A crack addict I am clean and free for 2 yrs, my son is a meth addict. clean and free for 5 months. life begans today for him and I each morning.he is with me temp. until he gets on his feet same job for his 5 months. I am proud of him and I am proud of you I know your sharing this is good for you, and I. you are doing it. if you could see what I look like, what its done to me you would know. God is the answer, go find him. You have just picked the winning ticket of the (new life Lotto) Love LR

Old 01-12-2010, 06:29 PM   #13
    icehouse3z
    Veteran
    (male)

thank you guys, its crazy how we dont know each other,never have talked before, dont know what we look like, etc....but it doesnt matter because we are all trying to reach the same goal. I feel connected to the people on here, doesnt matter what there addicted too, we all can relate. This is my only support group i have at all, and i really really need to start putting more of an effort into getting involved with N/A and other outlets, things like exercise, so many things i used to enjoy before the pills. I need to get busy, im not out of the woods yet, not by a long shot, but im headed in the right direction.

Even when i was lurking, and reading what other people were saying how they feel like they are finally turning the corner, even though i didnt respond, in my mind i was cheering them on. I hope that i can inspire or give hope to even just one person.

Last edited by Administrator; 02-13-2010 at 10:14 PM.

Old 01-12-2010, 07:05 PM   #14
    reachout
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Hi Ice

In your words:

I hope that i can inspire or give hope to even just one person.

Ice, when you post, you inspire people like me who have found sobriety as well as those looking for it still. Sobriety, there is nothing like it, but unless we remember in our sobriety what it was like before, it would be so easy to slip. I am appreciative of every kind word I receive because I do truly care that others can find peace and restoration in sobriety also. But just as importantly, I need to read and help others along for my own sobriety. As I share the lessons I have learned, it helps reinforce them in myself.

Withdrawal is a lot of really hard work. It is just as important and hard after accomplishing it, though, to continue the work on ourselves. We continue to grow only if we continue to interact with one another and share.

Continue to share, Ice, and know that each post you write may be the one that helps someone turn a life around for the better... or to keep it turned.

Hugs
    reach

Old 01-13-2010, 07:16 AM   #15
    icehouse3z
    Veteran
    (male)

Hey all, day 6, just a quick update, i slept a little! I actually had a few dreams for the first time in 5 nites, goin into work, yall take care

Closed Thread