It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• headed to inpatient rehab for oxy what to expect

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-24-2010, 10:08 AM   #1
    bass11
    (male)

bass11 HB User
    headed to inpatient rehab for oxy what to expect

hey guys and ladies here been awhile since i benn on here but now im seeking friends for help .. going in for help friday for oxy usage and the withdrawls ive been having to finally get off of this stuff for good. anyone here been to rehab. the place is in atlanta and they do a sauna type detox. check it out and tell me what you guys think , im ready to get off this crap

Last edited by mod-anon; 02-24-2010 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Please do not post commercial websites. Please read and follow the posting rules.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-24-2010, 12:24 PM   #2
    mindy1974
    (female)

mindy1974 HB User
    Re: heade 2 inpatient rehab for oxy what to expect

i have been to 2 different rehabs and i can tell you that it makes all the world of diffrence when going through w/d! good for you! what a great self-care move. its not easy but being in a place with other people who are doing the same thing takes the edge off to say the very least,,,,

Old 02-24-2010, 02:29 PM   #3
    digmusic
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

digmusic HB Userdigmusic HB Userdigmusic HB Userdigmusic HB User

How long are you going for? It really varies depending on the place, but I think it's a good idea to go to a safe place for awhile. Withdrawal is the easy part though. The hard part is definitely staying off oxys. I've relapsed so many times on opioids... good luck.

Old 02-24-2010, 05:10 PM   #4
    bass11
    (male)

bass11 HB User

sry about posting web site, anyway im going for 45 days, first week is suposed to be suboxone with taper down and then vitamins exercise and sauna after 4 weeks . i really hope I CAN STAY OFF THE STUFF

Old 02-24-2010, 05:13 PM   #5
    wrencher99
    (male)

wrencher99 HB User
    Smile Re: heade 2 inpatient rehab for oxy what to expect

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bass11 View Post
    sry about posting web site, anyway im going for 45 days, first week is suposed to be suboxone with taper down and then vitamins exercise and sauna after 4 weeks . i really hope I CAN STAY OFF THE STUFF
    I wish you the best of luck and may it be peaceful,gonna try again myself when i am ready.

Old 02-24-2010, 05:17 PM   #6
    FullCircle08
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

FullCircle08 HB User

Bass --i used sub to get off 200mg oxy and norco in an inpatient setting. the key is not to be on it long. DO NOT LET THEM KEEP YOU ON IT. I only needed 4mg then 4mg later that night, then I went 4mg on day 1, 3 on day 2, 2 -1 -1/2 then OFF. 5 days = clean. the longer you are on the harder the SUB is to get off. remember that. you will feel great on the sub, actually dont forget you are actually HIGH. we joked about it in rehab, we saw the new kids come in and they were in full WD then BANG --happy and high on the sub --and 4 days later they were in hell again when the DR cut them off. You can be completely clean in rehab if you get OFF the sub real fast. that is the key. good luck

D

Old 02-24-2010, 06:19 PM   #7
    bass11
    (male)

bass11 HB User

They mentioned 16mg of subs to start with, im only taking about 200 -240mg of oxys a day, they did say they will taper fast on it, im also 5 days off of benzos by my own, probally the main reason ive been feeling crappy and want to do this. Ive been on this amount for 2 years though, ill tell the doc everything and see what happens . I will keep everyone posted. Im acutually feeling good now since ive leveled on the benzos, but im going through this anyway, kinda funny 2 days ago i was determined to go to rehab and now im getting 2nd thoughts.. 2 late though already told my work whats going on so gotta go. Thanks everyone for the support i will need it , the wife is upset at me right now about the whole thing but oh well im doing this for me.

Old 02-25-2010, 02:39 PM   #8
    Secrets1983
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Secrets1983 HB User

GOOD LUCK BASS!!!!!!!

What a great step to take for yourself! I wish you nothing but the best!!!

STAY STRONG!

Old 02-25-2010, 05:30 PM   #9
    bass11
    (male)

bass11 HB User

Well checkin in tomorrow and back on the benzos for a night just to much anxiety and not enough sleep plus the counselor i spoke with said never try and get off of benzos cold turkey so it gave me a reason to take them. Only for one more night. Sound like a addict looking for a reason to take something, anyway might have to go to a hospital first then the rehab is what i was told because of the combination of meds im taking, thanks again for the encouragement everyone ,,. Keep you posted

Old 03-09-2010, 11:44 PM   #10
    jej105
    (male)

jej105 HB User
    Re: headed to inpatient rehab for oxy what to expect

Quote:
    hey guys and ladies here been awhile since i benn on here but now im seeking friends for help .. going in for help friday for oxy usage and the withdrawls ive been having to finally get off of this stuff for good. anyone here been to rehab. the place is in atlanta and they do a sauna type detox. check it out and tell me what you guys think , im ready to get off this crap
    you get 2-3 days of detox and they will put you on suboxin as insurance will only pay 2 days for narcotic addiction withdrawal - same with morphine, methadone, heroin, tussinex or anything else coming from or copied from the poppy-derived analgesics or their synthetic hybrids like methadose/methadone hcl; hydrocodone, oxycodone, percocet, vicodan, or opium

Old 03-09-2010, 11:55 PM   #11
    jej105
    (male)

jej105 HB User

On the other hand, if you have been using too long and too much to achieve the detox in 2-3 days, you can be stablized on a low dose of methadone and transfered to an outpatient clinic in the same 2-3 days - usually they have contracts with outpatient clinics in the area with agreements to send them people at doses of between 30 and 50 mg. of methadose hydracloride (methadose is a liquid form of methadone in a syrup with 30mg per ml

Those are the two choices insurance offers people with narcotic addiction issues in these days of deflation, creeping sale of the nation to China, and a social security, Medicare and Medicail system which are not paid for after 2017

20 years ago they detoxed you over 14-5 days in the hospital on low doses of methadone and then spent another week helping you get continuing assistance as an outpatient since then the money for Medicare, and thus, all other insurance except self pay, has been cut to nothing as the nation cannot afford the current drug epidemics spanning baby boomers and generation Xers and younger people -- mainly it is a pharmaceutical addiction spiral and 2 out of 7 adults over 17 are addicted to one or substances such as nicotine, tranquilizers, ambien, pain pills with synthetic narcotics in them, and people still smoke and snort and shoot heroin which is very cheap as well as methadone pills give by camcer doctors to terminal patients

Old 03-10-2010, 12:15 AM   #12
    jej105
    (male)

jej105 HB User

Quote:
    They mentioned 16mg of subs to start with, im only taking about 200 -240mg of oxys a day, they did say they will taper fast on it, im also 5 days off of benzos by my own, probally the main reason ive been feeling crappy and want to do this. Ive been on this amount for 2 years though, ill tell the doc everything and see what happens . I will keep everyone posted. Im acutually feeling good now since ive leveled on the benzos, but im going through this anyway, kinda funny 2 days ago i was determined to go to rehab and now im getting 2nd thoughts.. 2 late though already told my work whats going on so gotta go. Thanks everyone for the support i will need it , the wife is upset at me right now about the whole thing but oh well im doing this for me.
    Good luck I did narcotics and benzos inpatient recently and recommend you remind yourself that benzos at a minimum [quick acting particularly like alprazolam] require 96 hours to leave your body and only then the tremors start it is very smart to do that first as it takes 8-9 days in a hospital and every time they take a step down you have to wait 4 days to go to the next parameter until you have been clean 4 days and then they release you like a dehydrated, 30 pound lighter person who has to keep his suspenders on as his belt won't fasten around his waste anymore since it is way too big

Best of luck- don't know the sauna technique but sounds like a good idea of helping you sweat out the fat which stores narcotics in your body although my preference would be a steam and then a highly chlorinated hot tub but it is to dangerous with all those bacteria in hospitals

If you are ready to stop sub can help you and if you don't think stopping is possible you can lead a fairly normal life and take a low dose of methadone and slowly reduce it until you feel comortable and think you want to stop reducing or complete the detox as an actively, working, socially involved out patient

Stay away from people who you know and still use and if you want it bad enough you can have it

I know many have had to work hard for 3-4 months sometimes more than once just to get to where they didn't screw up from not fully understanding that stress outside the hospital will make you feel like you are going through withdrawal even if it is just more stress than in a comfortable, fully responsive safe environment like a private ward in a hospital or institute for psychiatry which is what they call it at Northwestern Memorial University Hospital

Old 03-20-2010, 11:18 AM   #13
    bass11
    (male)

bass11 HB User

hey guys and ladies ,
    well im on a weekend pass from rehab and feel great. Im 3 weeks clean from opiates and benzos.. I started in detox for 6 days as they prescribed tranziene for benzos and subutex for opiate withdrawls. I took 8 mg 2x a day for 2 days, then went to 4mg 2x a day for 2 days then 2mg 2x a day for 2 days, then nothing and my withdrawls were not bad at all, considering how much and long i was taking these meds. im now in a PHP program and got 2 more weeks to go . Doctor still has me on a small dose of suboxone, like 2 mgs a day, but i really dont take it unless i have too. i have went a couple days without it to see how i would feel, and no withdrawls at all, it was the cravings that was killing me so doc says suboxone will take the cravings away.
    I have meet a great bunch of people in rehab and continue keeping in contact with many people. I still feel a litle bit foggy at times but know everyday is getting better for me.ive spoken with alot of people about opiate addiction and alot of people say it takes months sometimes to feel normal again and a few say nup to a year. WOW i hope nit doesnt take me tha long. but i do know a great number of people who are off of opiates that are scared of thm now and would never ever go back to that way of living again and im one of them, even though its stil early im on my way.
    Rehab was great for me and i wouldnt have it any other way, i see alot of people here asking about suboxone and all i can say is that the quicker you get off of it the better, do a rapid taper like me and maybe stay on a very low dosage for a cople of weeks to rid the cravings, but the sooner the better in my opinion, alawys ask your doc.
    i will keep everyone posted and if you have questions i will answer the best i can. im on a journey to live pill free come join me... wish everyone the best, AND IM PRAYING FOR ALL WHO SUFFER FROM ADDICTION ON THIS BOARD

Old 03-21-2010, 10:39 AM   #14
    ginabird
    (female)

ginabird HB User

hey Bass, Ginabird here....I'm new to all this stuff (even though I've been looking for about a year at this site; I just officially joined last week). Anyhoo, I'm a 5 year full-blown Norco addict and reading this post - I've been contemplating rehab as I CANNOT kick this thing....just starting to come clean about my addiction with close family members. I just wanted to say congratulations to you. My problem with rehab, however, is somebody "finding me out" at work....I just cannot risk it. So, congrats to you. But the scary thing is people saying it could take a full year to recover from opiate addiction?? God, that scares the heck out of me. Can I just get cryogenically frozen and wake up cured in a year Anyhoo - Good work, pal.

Old 03-21-2010, 11:11 AM   #15
    bass11
    (male)

bass11 HB User

hey g,
    AS FAR AS WORK GOES, I CAME FORWARD AND TOLD MY WORK THROUGH EAP MY JOB IS SECURE AS THEY CANT FIRE ME IF IM TRYING TO GET HELP FO ADDICION. YOU SHOULD CONTACT YOU HUMAN RESOURCES AND FINALLY OUT. I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL CUZ MY JOB IS ALL I HAVE AND I MAKE 6 FIGURES, IM REALLY SCARED, BUT LIKE MY DOC SAYS YOU NEED TO TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF FIRST BECAUSE YOUR JOB IS NO GOOD TO YOU IF YOU OD OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT. MOST JOBS OUT THERE GIVES YOU SOME KIND OF WAY TO SEEK TREATMENT.ITS ALOT BETTER IF YOU COME FORWARD THAN THEM FINDING OUT. I WISH U THE BEST AND REHAB REALLY WORKED FOR ME AND IM 3 WEEKS CLEAN NOW AND FEEL GREAT. ALOT BETTER THAN BEIN ON OXYCONTIN, I KNOW EVERYDAY IT GETS BETTER AND IM LOVIN IT. AMYBE YOU COULD SEE AN ADICTION DOC AND DO IT ON YOUR OWN IF OPIATES IS YOUR ONLY DRUG YOUR TAKING. ALOT OF REHAB WONT ADMIT YOU FOR ONLY OPIATES, BECAUSE ITS NOT LIFE THREATING, JUST REALLY BAD WITHDRAWLS, THIS IS WHAT I WAS TOLD ALWAYS CHECK WITH A DOCTOR, IN MY OPINION OPIATES ARE JUST AS BAD AS BENZOS, BUT MOST INSURANCES DONT SEE IT THAT WAY. GOOD LUCK AND KEEP US INFORMED, IM HEADED BACK TO REHAB AT 5 TODAY WILL POST NEXT WEEKEND, PRAYING FOR ALL ON HERE TO GET SOBER AND CLEAN BELEIVE ME I FEEL BETTER THAN I EVER HAVE IN THE LAST 3 YEARS . GOOD LUCK TO ALL

Closed Thread