It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• Lorcet Withdrawals too much to handle

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-27-2010, 11:08 AM   #1
    tkg1971
    (female)

tkg1971 HB User
    Lorcet Withdrawals too much to handle

I am new here and I hate this being my first post. I am on day 3 of sobriety and this is harder than anything I have ever done. I have come off all street drug cold turkey and never suffered so much. I am tears and the pain is unbearable.

My husband I decided to quit together and we are totally there for one another. I can not sleep, eat, get warmed up or cooled off. I am having to really lean on my husband and he is suffering too.

We have 4 beautiful children and I am really wanting to quit. But most of all I want to feel better.

Does anyone have suggestions on sleep? And how long will we suffer?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2010, 04:00 PM   #2
    Secrets1983
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Secrets1983 HB User
    Re: Lorcet Withdrawals too much to handle

Hello and Welcome Tkg!

I know, detoxing is PURE TORCHURE! It won't last forever though! Things will start to get better for you and your husband.

SLEEP..... it is a must going thru this because if you get none I swear it makes you feel insane... (at least it did me) My Dr. gave me 10 xanax but I don't know if that is something you are able to get or not.... When I ran out of those (still did not help me sleep unless I took 2) I still could not sleep so I took as hot of baths as I could stand right before bed and then before I would get in the bath I would take double the dose of over the counter sleep aide. (I don't know if that is safe or not, I was desperate) Also, if I could not fall asleep after all of that then I would tense EVERY muscle in my body over and over again to try and wear them out. Also, I went and bought Hylands Leg Cramp pills and also Hylands Restless legs disolvable pills. They did help. My husband would massage my calves because they were the most painful part of my legs...

KEEP GOING HONEY! Have faith in yourself and this will come to an end. Keep as busy as possible with your husband to try and keep your mind of it and to also wear yourself out. If you can exercise at all that will help BIG time. I could never bring myself to do it but honestly, that is the best thing for your body. Stay hydrated is also important.

For more tips check out the main page of Addiction/Recovery and at the top of the page one of the threads is SAMPLE HOME DETOX. Read thru that and it will give you some great tips! Please keep us posted.

Many blessings to you and your husband!

Old 04-28-2010, 07:13 AM   #3
    tkg1971
    (female)

tkg1971 HB User
    Re: Lorcet Withdrawals too much to handle

Thank you for posting. I do feel better today. I took some sleep aid but still had to force myself to sleep. I slept a total of 3 straight hours which felt great. My husband is still having a hard time sleeping. I worry about him because he is in the heat all day and drained when he gets home.

I started taking a multi vitamin last night and I swear I could feel the difference immediately.

I can not take xanax or anything like that because I am an addict. I am afraid too. I am getting better and hopefully will be not fully recovered but feeling better by this weekend.

Closed Thread