It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• Detoxing from suboxone

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-30-2010, 01:47 AM   #1
    KARZ
    (male)

KARZ HB User
    Detoxing from suboxone

Hi this is karz, i know what people are going through, and it makes me at ease knowing others have gone through they same issues of substance abuse. I like to pop pills whenever i go to a store, or maybe watching t.v with a favorite show on etc. I like to fit in, and taking pills makes me closer to others, makes me more open, and my shyness seems to just blow off. I am the only son, but that does not matter in my opinion, i mean i cant really tell family members how i feel, but strangers for some reason are easier to deal with, i guess thats why i am on here. I used to love taking percocet as it made me feel different, and it made me think this is the most important pills in my life, when my doctor knew i was addicted to it two years down the line, he decided to take me off and see another doctor, that was like the biggest shock to me, especially when he used to give me 5/325 of percs every two weeks, it was that easy, all i had to do was just call, and he would have the script ready for me. He was kind, well thats what i thought, cause he would write the script for me. Well anyway now i am in a bigger jam, i met one doctor who had given me suboxone, and yes its a great pill, but you can be addicted to that as well, like i am right now. Now that my isurance is going to cut me, and it is very expensive, and i have been taking suboxone for two years now, and i really cant afford the price anymore. I tried paying for it for like two months without insurance, the doctor charges 75 which is not so bad but the pills for 42 come out to be almost $300.oo dollars. So i am going to have to detox myself, i have seven pills left, and i am cutting them into small peices so i wont feel the w/d... I know its not going to be easy, i hate being depressed, but i know its all in the mind, just like anything else is. I am sure we can return back to normal before we started taking pills. I know i am going to miss all this, but its for a brighter life and a healthy one as well. No more counting pills, no more getting short of it, i was kind of tired of doing all that, always carrying the pills with me.... I hope my detox plan works out. Suboxone not only makes you feel good, but it taste like candy , orange flavor, so it makes it even more harder to forget. Oh well i will have to see what happens. I will pray for others and please do the same for me. I am going to be 37 soon, and i want to live at least to see other numbers fly by until its time for god to take me on his own will.. Take care people, hope everything works out for you guys. We can only hope for the best. I am also going to try self meditation since i was born in india, i know this method has helped many in the past. I am going to try and see different factors to see how i can deminish this habbit. Love and peace to all. Karz

Last edited by mod-anon; 04-30-2010 at 05:02 AM. Reason: starting a new thread with this post.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread