It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• stopping cymbalta cold turkey

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-08-2010, 04:18 PM   #1
    caprisn
    (female)

caprisn HB User
    stopping cymbalta cold turkey

my new insurance will not cover cymbalta, so I had to stop cold turkey. I am feeling a lot of withdrawal symptoms are any of them dangerous?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-09-2010, 06:35 PM   #2
    SanyBelle
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB User
    Re: stopping cymbalta cold turkey

You should ask your doctor this question, but if you can wean off, that would be better.

My company changed insurance companies in January and the new company at first denied coverage of cymbalta for me but my doctor filled out a form and sent it to the new ins co and they now allow me to have it. Maybe your doc can do this?

Old 05-17-2010, 12:39 AM   #3
    Wendy88
    Veteran
    (female)

Wendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB User
    Re: stopping cymbalta cold turkey

i agree... weaning off is best. I take effexor, which is similar to Cymbalta. both are SNRIs... and Effexor is known to be very hard to come off of. and I believe Cymbalta has a similar reputation. stopping cold turkey i dont think is dangerous per say (of course im not a doctor) but im sure you will be really uncomfortable for a while. i had a friend who stopped Celexa cold turkey and was an emotional mess for weeks. depression, anxiety, just feeling awful. of course it went away, but he reallly went through the wringer. from what i hear, it's truly not worth it.... putting your body and mind through that. please try and find a way to wean off... you will be very happy in the end that you did, even if you have to pay for one script. (of course i don't know how much that is). and i realize i dont know your dose or how long you have been on the med, which will also affect the severity of the withdrawls.
    Call your doctor and explain the situation. that is always best when altering a medicine dose, no matter what. they may even have some free samples to give you to help! that would be awesome, right?
    i realize u posted a few days ago.... how are you doing?
    sending good vibes!
    wendy

Closed Thread