It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Day 11

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-04-2010, 03:28 PM   #1
musicman3
(male)

musicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB User
Day 11

I went to the doctor today, I have a low grade virus and my blood pressure was very low. So I really need to buck up and eat and fluidize. I told him the ativan isnt relaxing me so he gave me valium instead. 5mgs. I will only take it before bed for a few nights. I need to get my energy up so this anxiety will stop and I can do some light exercise and get healthier. I literally cant think of walking even down the driveway.

So due to life circumstances, and having a virus, it really effected me. I never had withdrawals this tough, but I really think its because I am sick.

So I am trucking on and will try to eat in a bit

Hope you are all well.

The following user gives a hug of support to musicman3:
POLLY POCKET (11-05-2010)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-04-2010, 03:33 PM   #2
emsmom
Senior Veteran
(female)

emsmom HB User
Re: Day 11

Good luck Music,

I hope things get better for you quickly. With everything you've gone through, you don't deserve this setback. Remember your goal and don't lose sight of the little things. You made it to day 11 - holy crap, that's awesome!

I hope the Valium helps tonight.

Keep in touch,
emsmom

Old 11-04-2010, 04:41 PM   #3
Misssty
(female)

Misssty HB UserMisssty HB UserMisssty HB UserMisssty HB UserMisssty HB UserMisssty HB User

Hi!
I think it is common to come down with an illness when your body is recovering from addiction. I drank forever - 20 plus years...and I NEVER got sick. This is a true story. I finally quit drinking (it has been 5 years now)...and 3 months into my recovery...I came down with WHOOPING COUGH. I diagnosed myself...the Dr. didn't believe me at first...but I had a cough that was so STRANGE...and I had a DREAM that it was whooping cough....I looked up the symptoms...and KNEW I had it. The officical terminology for whooping cough is pertusis. They tested me for pertusis and it was POSITIVE. The state had to be notified (highly contagious)...my work had to be notified...everyone in my house had to be put on antibiotics and I was too far along to have the antibiotics work...but they gave them to me anyway. Whooping cough has stages and when it is discovered at late stages..antibiotics don't seem to relieve symptoms..Anyway...I was layed up for 6 weeks..it was sicker than I had been in my whole life. Other times also when i quit drinking..I would come down with some type of sickness shortly after. So, I somehow think your stopping the majority of the medication you were taking...has something to do with your getting a virus. Hang on...This will pass...and you will never have to go thru this stuff again. But, if you give up...things will eventually get worse.

Old 11-05-2010, 09:48 AM   #4
POLLY POCKET
(female)

POLLY POCKET HB User

Hey!!! Hang in there- you are my hero- I am on day 4!!!!!

Old 11-05-2010, 06:44 PM   #5
Misssty
(female)

Misssty HB UserMisssty HB UserMisssty HB UserMisssty HB UserMisssty HB UserMisssty HB User

Wow..that is so cool that musicman is a role model for the person that has 4 days! This is how sobriety WORKS....Supporting each other, routing for each other, wanting each other to do well. Keep up the HARD work..and it will be worth it in the end. I have 5 years.....and its been work....but it has been worth it.

Old 11-05-2010, 08:11 PM   #6
resolution09
Senior Veteran
(female)

resolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB User

I'm sitting on the sidelines and cheering for you. It can't be easy w/ getting sick at the same time but on that subject...

to Missy's comment.....Do you know that every time I can ever remember going on a "diet", as in eating correctly and as healthy as I can I get sick. Three months ago I mounted my latest effort. 10 days into fruits, veggies, lean meats, vitamins and no white suger -- I was flat on my back with a cold that lasted a full 10 days. I guess our bodies adjust to whatever we throw at them in some ways. So take it as a good sign, your body knows you are serious about making a real change in your life. It will stop kicking back soon. (But glad you went to the doctor so you know there's a virus at play too!)

Last edited by resolution09; 11-05-2010 at 08:11 PM.

Old 11-05-2010, 09:10 PM   #7
musicman3
(male)

musicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB User

Thanks guys. As I said, alot is happening besides the withdrawals I think. Mental health and positive outlook is so important during withdrawals and this time around due to stress and situations going on, I really didnt have a good frame of mind. All of this just has made me sick. I feel a bit better but I am having some serious anxiety issues, but as I said, I have a lot going on.

I can deal with the physical sickness. The problem is that the lack of nutrition and malaise exacerbates the anxiety, which exacerbates me not eating. So it is a vicious cycle. I am feeling a bit better though.

I am taking 2.5 mgs of valium before bed to calm me down. I just hope this intense anxiety goes away and I have not done any permanent damage to cause this anxiety. Nighttiime has always been bad for me. I get very bad sleep anxiety.

Old 11-06-2010, 09:58 AM   #8
Misssty
(female)

Your anxiety...is probably why you were self medicating. I'm sure with time the anxiety will subside, but you have put your body thru stess and it needs to learn how to cope without drugs. You need to stick to the HARD part of recovery - first 3 months...to give your body and mind time to adjust to the HUGE change.

Closed Thread