It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Newcomer, I can't do it alone anymore!

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-16-2011, 08:30 AM   #1
tblessedwith2
(female)

tblessedwith2 HB User
Newcomer, I can't do it alone anymore!

I am 5 days in recovery I guess? I am still having symtoms of withdrawl from opiates, and I want to use sooooo bad! I am confused, and I am scared because each time I relapse it gets harder to find my way back. I have been an addict since I was 12, and I hate myself even more each time I relapse! I go to my therapist on Tuesdays, Wednesdays I go to my drug counselor, Thursdays i go to addiction group, and once a month I go to my pychatrist. I honestly wonder why I do all this? I leave any one of them places, and I am usually popping a pill into me before I leave the parking lot! I don't want it anymore. I need help. I thank you for any advice you may have

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2011, 09:59 AM   #2
second go
Veteran
(male)

second go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB User
Re: Newcomer,I can't do it alone anymore!

whats up tblesswith2..? 'Secondo Go' here. Im relatively new to the board as well, maybe bout 2 weeks. I would sugguest talking alot on here. Itll get your thoughts out (i see your in therapy, counselling, and a group) but maybe this is the 4th outlet you can reachout to to help you get clean, if thats what you want.

Me i was on oxys for 2 years everyday....kicked it cold turkey...then relapsed with morphine. I am now bout to detox, So your about 5 or 6 days ahead of me.

Welcome and Like I said talk talk talk...people here know I like to, and they dont ever tell me to shut up sooooo hahahaha j/k.

Its tough hey? These little miniature pills have a hold on us, when if you think of it, we tower over them in size. Its as if a rock from the beach was able to control a buliding! lol good luck, and yo! stay on your path...your 5 days in????!!!!! thats more than a lot of us can say for ourselves .... Im on day, well... zero...gonna take my last codeines (3) today.

Last edited by second go; 01-16-2011 at 01:03 PM.

Old 01-19-2011, 06:02 PM   #3
tblessedwith2
(female)

tblessedwith2 HB User
Re: Newcomer, I can't do it alone anymore!

Well, I posted that and this is the first chance i've had to come back on here. Thank you for your support. It is a hard road, i've done it alot. Detoxing sucks! I am still feeling pretty lousy, and I am trying to use all my resources available to me. I wish first off it would stop freakin snowing! I am going nuts with anxiety from withdrawl, and cravings. Every time I have to go to an appointment in this snow, it just makes my anxiety all that much worse! XANAX Trigger big time! I am resisting though.

Old 01-20-2011, 01:09 AM   #4
oxygirl
Veteran
(female)

oxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB User
Re: Newcomer, I can't do it alone anymore!

Blessed I understand about the snow. I grew up in ohio and hated the winter. I have been in south carolina for 22 years and i love it. we have had snow here in the last week or so and it is so depressing. made me want to stay in bed with my oxy script! first of all don't beat urself up. you know you want help and that is often and obviously the first step. it might take you a mountain to go over but you will find a way. we are all here sucessess and failures after success to help listen to you. if anyone gets negative with you tell them to bug off! no body needs to judge u but u and don't be so hard on urself.

Closed Thread