It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Heelo New to Boards..42 days clean from Opiate Theraphy and have RSD/CRPS

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-08-2011, 01:25 PM   #1
Homie2011
(female)

Homie2011 HB UserHomie2011 HB UserHomie2011 HB UserHomie2011 HB User
Heelo New to Boards..42 days clean from Opiate Theraphy and have RSD/CRPS

Hello,

Just a lil hello and info on me..maybe I'll help someone or maybe even save myself???

42 days ago I quit 70 mg of Methadone daily (maybe more, when other rx ran out) 240 mg of Roxycodone/Oxycodone daily (usally used up by 2nd week of rx) Holy Dang! that is alot of crap in my body..I also was on 4 ea Soma (I Think PCP based Muscle relaxers)....I have been on this RX for over 4 years. I had my 2nd temp/trial SCS implated in Novemeber 2010 and Perm. schedulaed for this Feb 2011...Well, after multiple complaints from hubby that RX theraphy was ruining our marriage of 13 years....I JUST STOPPED! I couldnt see what I was doing to myself and family was worth the pain controll...which after awhile ONLY OPATES ARE IN CONTROL..I have never been an abusive person..so it was easy for me to say "I AM DONE" (although it took time).

I feel like I dont fit in anywhere. I go to NA, but cant see how my pain which has nothing to with my mental/emotional state..I mean it is a side effect of RSD and Opiates but prior to this I thought my Docs and I were making the right choice for pain control so I could get on with life...BUT INSTEAD OPIATES GOT ON WITH ME....VERY HARD DRUG TO DEAL WITH...I can only Imagine what people go thru when it is an emotional issue/addiction....this is scray stuff.....12 year old on Heroin....I just dont get it...

There is not enough info or help for people like me that can quit cold turkey! It is hard and fricking PAINFULLL but ALLLL WORTH it....Mircoderms and Tattoos reminded me of things that I havebeen thru this last 9 yrs of RSD/CRPS invasion and opiate snacthing...I call it Kims Bad VOO DOO!!!!!!!! I pull alot of strenth from GODSMACK...VooDOO, Serenity, I love em...very spcial to me and hubby.

Anywho..not doing well RSD wise.. Dont know what is Methadont use recovery or RSD...so confussing...I would like to report that after 4 years of a sexless/loveless marriage...WE MADE IT! YEah!!!!!! I had to run to hotel 2 times and pack up kids..but today we have made love numorous imes and have regained the love OPIATES Took from me or better yet, that I allowed to take from me.

I sure would like to hear from someone that is recovering from OPIATE DEpendance/addiction whatever you call it...why does everyone have to so technical? why do I have to call myself an addict to stay clean? why do you have to call me an addict yourself? finger pointer!!!!

Please dont fill my head with 12 stepping, SMART REcovery, NA, MTGS< SPOnser stuff..it just aint my bagggg! It makes me feel worse like I have to find a door to open or close (anyone i hurt prior to opiate use was a reasonable move)(anyone after, well I have already delt with that)...or have to find my GOD or Higher Power...I just want what you went thru..not statistics or 12 stepping...TRUE HARD FACTS! What did you feel or are feeling....maybe we can help eachother...would love to hear from woman and mothers female side and of course mans side is always welcome...cuz I am married and that helps me to understand my man..

THanks for reading,

Kim

Where were you at 6 weeks clean? Addiction/ or dependence....I am not doing well and need some feed back...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-11-2011, 11:16 PM   #2
painman2009
Veteran
(male)

painman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB User
Re: Heelo New to Boards..42 days clean from Opiate Theraphy and have RSD/CRPS

kim just searching through .. your rspns to me in the rsd forum made me feel better (i laughed too) but i was curiouse..and i find more here.. interesting, see i have an addictive personality as a young adult i did ilegal drugs uncontrolable drinking, smoked 4 pks daily..... in 92 i stopped all illegal crap. quit abusing my favorite liquid candy, and in 96 i quit cold on smoking ...i ddnt need someone to tell me i needed too..my family was a show of how bad i could get with tht crp. as it stands i still see the addict in me and it scares me. and even though i would still partake in the ocasional liquid candy party. i controlled it ..so when i started on my treatments for rsd and i told them no narcs for me i really thought they wld respect it till i find what thy r gvng me (where not technically narcotics ) but still same thing in effect and addiction. my moods my mental statis.. i was becoming a worse me..and im bad enough dealing with the pain...now i still will go over ths with the drs but i wont let them do it agn ..i will need proof that what they r doing is repairing damage not masking it...i sure do respect your journey thus far..its hard and your rght we dnt need someone telling us we re addicts(other drs) we are in a boat where the dr,s are willing us that way.. and they just dont see the [ain they create while they try to mask another.. perhaps drs should have to go through drug addiction withdrawel and life effects ..before they can prescribe these drugs.. hmm i would like to teach that class.. but i do believ the drs feel they r helping. well as far as a higher power goes well that wld be us ..your fellow person your comrads in pain. your family friends. and self worth.. thats important because if you dont have that then you fail before you start. you BE strong for yourself and your family .. and really people r looking up to you. and not just your kids. i admire what u r doing . and prey i can keep being strong because your right //rsd sucks and it keeps spreading. i want to see my grand kids one day and be an (active)participant. good luck and keep your higher power going and laugh as much as you can.. may the schwartz be with you..

Old 02-12-2011, 12:40 AM   #3
oxygirl
Veteran
(female)

oxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB User
Re: Heelo New to Boards..42 days clean from Opiate Theraphy and have RSD/CRPS

Kim, I want to warn you about the spinal cord stimulators which almost ruined my mother's life. She had one done a few years ago and the temporary one worked wonderful! well the permanent one didn't work at all. It shocked her and all other kinds of crap. Not to mention there was a lot of pain at the implant site as there is a battery the size of a man's wallet in the back side of your body. Please do some more research on this. You may be one of the lucky ones. However, when I looked it up, whic unfortunately was after she had it done and it caused her trouble, they said only 3% reported success rates. they billed her insurance company a total of $60,000 for implant and removal. they had to remove it 5 months after it was inserted and to this day she still has trouble with the scar tissue and where it was inserted. You need a very straight spine for this because if not the leads will slip. Do not let them tell you otherwise. Get on here and google it.

oxygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homietip2011 View Post
Hello,

Just a lil hello and info on me..maybe I'll help someone or maybe even save myself???

42 days ago I quit 70 mg of Methadone daily (maybe more, when other rx ran out) 240 mg of Roxycodone/Oxycodone daily (usally used up by 2nd week of rx) Holy Dang! that is alot of crap in my body..I also was on 4 ea Soma (I Think PCP based Muscle relaxers)....I have been on this RX for over 4 years. I had my 2nd temp/trial SCS implated in Novemeber 2010 and Perm. schedulaed for this Feb 2011...Well, after multiple complaints from hubby that RX theraphy was ruining our marriage of 13 years....I JUST STOPPED! I couldnt see what I was doing to myself and family was worth the pain controll...which after awhile ONLY OPATES ARE IN CONTROL..I have never been an abusive person..so it was easy for me to say "I AM DONE" (although it took time).

I feel like I dont fit in anywhere. I go to NA, but cant see how my pain which has nothing to with my mental/emotional state..I mean it is a side effect of RSD and Opiates but prior to this I thought my Docs and I were making the right choice for pain control so I could get on with life...BUT INSTEAD OPIATES GOT ON WITH ME....VERY HARD DRUG TO DEAL WITH...I can only Imagine what people go thru when it is an emotional issue/addiction....this is scray stuff.....12 year old on Heroin....I just dont get it...

There is not enough info or help for people like me that can quit cold turkey! It is hard and fricking PAINFULLL but ALLLL WORTH it....Mircoderms and Tattoos reminded me of things that I havebeen thru this last 9 yrs of RSD/CRPS invasion and opiate snacthing...I call it Kims Bad VOO DOO!!!!!!!! I pull alot of strenth from GODSMACK...VooDOO, Serenity, I love em...very spcial to me and hubby.

Anywho..not doing well RSD wise.. Dont know what is Methadont use recovery or RSD...so confussing...I would like to report that after 4 years of a sexless/loveless marriage...WE MADE IT! YEah!!!!!! I had to run to hotel 2 times and pack up kids..but today we have made love numorous imes and have regained the love OPIATES Took from me or better yet, that I allowed to take from me.

I sure would like to hear from someone that is recovering from OPIATE DEpendance/addiction whatever you call it...why does everyone have to so technical? why do I have to call myself an addict to stay clean? why do you have to call me an addict yourself? finger pointer!!!!

Please dont fill my head with 12 stepping, SMART REcovery, NA, MTGS< SPOnser stuff..it just aint my bagggg! It makes me feel worse like I have to find a door to open or close (anyone i hurt prior to opiate use was a reasonable move)(anyone after, well I have already delt with that)...or have to find my GOD or Higher Power...I just want what you went thru..not statistics or 12 stepping...TRUE HARD FACTS! What did you feel or are feeling....maybe we can help eachother...would love to hear from woman and mothers female side and of course mans side is always welcome...cuz I am married and that helps me to understand my man..

THanks for reading,

Kim

Where were you at 6 weeks clean? Addiction/ or dependence....I am not doing well and need some feed back...

Closed Thread