It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Please Help

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-17-2011, 04:33 AM   #1
Buddy40
(female)

Buddy40 HB User
Please Help

I have a bad tramadol addiction that I want to stop.Once when I was addicted to vicodin I took neurontin for about 2 weeks and made it through most of the w/d's.I also know that tramadol has a antidepressant quailty to it also so I was wondering if I used the neurontin and effexor together for 2 weeks if that would help.The neurontin would be for the opiate side of trams and the effexor would be for the anti D side of trams.I have never taken the effexor but my dr. gave them to me.Do you think that this combo would at least make it so I could go to work?Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-17-2011, 07:31 AM   #2
dbrock
(male)

dbrock HB Userdbrock HB User
Re: Please Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy40 View Post
I have a bad tramadol addiction that I want to stop.Once when I was addicted to vicodin I took neurontin for about 2 weeks and made it through most of the w/d's.I also know that tramadol has a antidepressant quailty to it also so I was wondering if I used the neurontin and effexor together for 2 weeks if that would help.The neurontin would be for the opiate side of trams and the effexor would be for the anti D side of trams.I have never taken the effexor but my dr. gave them to me.Do you think that this combo would at least make it so I could go to work?Thanks
-----------------------------
Tramadol causes typical opiate-like withdrawal symptoms but isn't actually an opiate, but this is something you need to talk with your doctor about.I always used to try and play doctor myself and it never actually worked out well.From my knowledge the effexor would only start taking affect in 2 weeks or more, I would say leave that out of the picture.Be honest with your doctor and believe me I know how hard that can be but if you really want help that's what you need to do. If you can't do that then try tapering yourself off the tramadol and if you can't trust yourself to do that have someone close to you that could maybe help and administer them. I wish you the best of luck, addiction sucks...

Closed Thread