It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• Please help me properly taper tramadol

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-20-2011, 03:12 PM   #16
    ~Carolyn~
    (female)

~Carolyn~ HB User~Carolyn~ HB User~Carolyn~ HB User~Carolyn~ HB User
    Re: Please help me properly taper tramadol

Just wanted to put a remider of where I am with my taper---today I took only 5-50mg at 10:30 and took my last dose at 6:00 which was also 5- 50mg- I know Im going kinda fast but I feel I am ok. So far havent felt any symptoms of withdrawal today Gonna propably take one of those old Valiums tonight -only for seisure reasons-I dont care for Valium never have. Will see how im feeling tomorrow- If I still feel fine Im gonna keep on dropping fast because i know its gonna get hard once I hit down to 4 or under--I guess my motto for that will be the lower the slower--and I cant run out and i refuse to ever buy this poison ever again. One great thing is Kids our on Winter Break next week so im gonna find away to have them go up and visit a relative for about 4 days. Still my husband will be here so I will be faking round 2 of the flu. (the whole family was sick with the flu last week).

Anyway Im so happy and proud i dropped those 6 pills already! But for some reasone that saying its Quiet before the Storm keeps coming to mind and Im scared

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-21-2011, 04:47 AM   #17
    ~Carolyn~
    (female)

pretty much sweat all night-regret not takig the valium--took a rosearm light sleeping pill instead-was affraid of building tollerance of the valium-should have tooken it anyway for seisure reasons. Stomach hurts today too. So much for feeling great today.

Old 02-21-2011, 07:44 AM   #18
    ~Carolyn~
    (female)

Angry Re: Please help me properly taper tramadol

The goal for today is only to drop one pill- half in the morning and half in the evening and for surely taking the valium before bed- so that would put me at 9 50mg of tram today---just took my 4.5 pills starting to feel better. Cant wait for this to be over!! Can feel the effects of depression kicking in--all i do is think about my dad and cry.

Miss him so much and wish he was here-this is how i was while i was prego and the doc made me go on zoloft and see a therapist for six months after i had the baby-no more therapy unfortunately-- I think i figured out why i took the trams 1. I was supermom and 2) I wasnt crying about my dad all the time. Gonna get through this just got to stop feeling sorry for myself! Its rediculous I know it is. Hes been gone for 2 years! I know hes not coming back. I need to except im all on my 0wn dealing with this stupid addiction!!! Wish I would have listed to more of his stories about addiction- it use to irritate me so bad when he would start talking about it!! I even remember telling him that! I was such as *******! Wish he knew how sorry I am for all my rude comments.

Old 02-22-2011, 08:53 AM   #19
    ~Carolyn~
    (female)

Okay--not got a lotta of responses but its ok -- just getting this out make me feel better----

I decided after crying all freaking day long yesterday-that to take my zoloft away is impossible- so i broke it in half last night woke up in a way better mood-- only gonna take a total of 8.5 trams today-4.5 @1030 and 4 around 6 tonight. I cant believe how big a diffrence my vitamins make- yesterday because the depression was so bad i didnt go for the vitamins like i have been- well mid day- i crawled to them,--took them and little while later actually had enough motivation to walk--sad i know-- but at least i know now-- Not feeling depressed at all today-so the zoloft helped just half as i said--so once my taper is done i will kick in the other 25 mg again to help me when im drug free. dont have much to say--i know my husband knows somethings up i blamed it on having the flu --i told him its because i havent been able to hold my antidepressant down. At least i warned him about the siesure risks--i just dont wanna drive anymore at all untill this is over so maybe he wll realise now why im on lock down--had to come up with something-i was a freaking mess yesterday!! Think after this is over i am gonna join a gym and get on a health kick--maybe start a garden and try to keep busy as possible...

The following user gives a hug of support to ~Carolyn~:
    heather416 (05-25-2011)
    Old 02-23-2011, 07:58 AM   #20
    ~Carolyn~
    (female)

Well just wanted to log some stuff- today i am trying for 8 total pills- 4 now 4 around 6. woke up with hot flashes a lot last night and achey legs rhis morning- Depression is better. just taking the 1/2 zoloft in the evening. I was experiencing a lot of anxiety yesterday -which is something im not use to. i noticed it would was really bad after smoking and i felt like my blood pressure was really high after too. Think im ready to kick that nasty habbit--

Ya ever notice how addiction goes hand and hand with other hobbies or addiction- When i was flying high with the good old buzz--i started smoking double and was addicted to my blackberry--wouldnt put the thing down-

Now im a little lost i gave no interest of playing on my phone or smoking-just dont feel as good or fun or intersting as when i was high. o well it was a lot of waisted time and money.

Ive been doing a lot of thinking about just gettin this over with since im still at 8 pills- i would like to just cut the last 4 pills at night and taper down from 4 --which i know is going to be the be the biggest battle--would rather have the extra pills left for a slow taper on the low dose-will see how i feel later--so glad i got the valium same me from the seizuring. just take it right before bed. Im sure i wont get any advice back so im just gonna go with my gut tonight and see if i can handle it mentally.

Old 02-23-2011, 09:36 AM   #21
    musicman3
    (male)

musicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB User

People will respond Carolyn, give it some time. People have been so supportive to me here. You are doing a great job and yes, slower is the best option. I would take that valium to be safe. Take it at night before bed. Even though it has expired, I am sure it is just fine and will aid in your recovery. My issues is with oxycodone so I am not an expert on tramadol, But I did take it a for about a month a few years back. I did not go over eight pills in one day however. If you can take it slow, and even though you do not want to get another script, it might be a good idea just to maintain a slow taper.

The Following User Says Thank You to musicman3 For This Useful Post:
    ~Carolyn~ (02-23-2011)
    Old 02-23-2011, 10:05 AM   #22
    ~Carolyn~
    (female)

Thank you so much musicman3,

I was beginning to wonder if i had set up my post wrong. Not to mention i dont think Tramadol is very popular as other addictions which might make my title to my post very unintersting to someone that doesnt know of it. Its ok they though at least I can keep track of my doses....kinda feel really dumb and forgetful lately i literally have to go back to remember what my last dose was--Hope my metal clarfity comes back.

I did find out the Valium isnt expired though-which is cool. I dont worry about becoming addicted to them because i dont feel anything off them at all.

When I first started taking the trams it was once a day. The reason i loved them is they lasted ALL DAY! Istead of vicoden buzz being over in 3 hrs. I kept it at a once a day dose for a real long time I would say about a couple of months ago is when i started adding that second dose---thats why i was thinking of eliminating it this evening--not real sure on that though.

Today i got to file a investigation for unauthorized charges on my visa/debit card. some how someone reordered a script and i never ordered it-- Wondering how the heck this happened i called and my online pharmacy and they say is wasnt from them and have no record of it- how weird they are the only ones that have my cc# the other place i ordered from didnt take visa so id get a money order-- This should be humilitation im sure the bank knows what the heck ive been up to- once the fedex arrived i turned it away-i heard the pills rattling--boy it was hard but worth it. What a mess- But the good thing is my husband doesnt have access to this account to know what has happened or what ive been doing. Really hope i cant get into any legal trouble over this..if you think i should be worried please let me know....kinda stressing--fyi the rx co is a diffrent co. that i have never ordered from either--of course the number is disconnected....

Old 02-24-2011, 06:32 AM   #23
    ~Carolyn~
    (female)

i stayed at 8 pills yesterday. just wasnt ready to drop- today i will be dropping a whole pill - plan is 3.5 pills at 1030 and the other 3.5 at around 600 pm-- if i stay on schedule as well as i have i will have wnought to do my taper as planned. still talikg just 1/2 my zoloft and a valium bofore bed.

Feeling ok today. real tired but not too depressed. Managed to do a yoga and pillates session on my tv last night for my legs-which were killing yesterday. Not to mention went to Church last night--had to drag myself there but felt a lot better once i did. After that did some shopping to pick up a few things--just to excercise my legs some more.

This all i have to log for myself today.....

Old 02-24-2011, 12:05 PM   #24
    mindy1974
    (female)

mindy1974 HB User

Hi Dearest,
    I did the one pill a day until i was down to 2 pills, then i stayed at that for a week, next week 1 pill a day, then i took 2 days off work- stayed with a friend and just held tight for 24 hours... 5 days later i was 80% myself. you can do it!!! just have to remeber that all the crazy thoughts and the hideous physical crap is going to pass!!!

Old 02-24-2011, 12:54 PM   #25
    musicman3
    (male)

musicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB User

You are doing well Carolyn, do not rush it. If you feel you need to stay at your dosage a few days, do so. You want to do it right and safely. I know the feeling of wanting to get all the crap out of your system, but with tramadol, and the way it bonds to receptors in your brain, you want to make sure you go slow and steady, You will get through it and look back at it and you will be proud of yourself. Just do not rush,

I am not a doctor and my advice is only based on my research and opinions. I think the valium is very important. It will help in avoiding seizures (not that you may have them) but it will help in that aspect. You just do not want to get into a benzo habit because I have heard that THAT is truly hell on earth. I also do not like valium, like you. It has never done anything for me and find nothing alluring to that and other benzos. I will take it for a few nights next week when I finally finish my oxycodone.

Old 02-24-2011, 03:15 PM   #26
    evo2
    (male)

evo2 HB User

I registered to respond.
    People are reading, and people are rooting for you.
    I'm in a similar situation, but not near the qtys you were consuming.
    I'll be following your story with interest, as my day is soon coming as well.

Thank you for continuing to post and thank you for sharing.

Old 02-24-2011, 03:27 PM   #27
    ~Carolyn~
    (female)

Thank you Mindy it is so nice to hear someone say that this is possible and I might feel like myself again. Whish i had some extra pills but im afraid to even order them online anymore. i ALMOST have enough to do the taper as you did. Indstead of staying at that low dose for a week ill only be able to do 4 days at 2 pills and atnd 4 days at 1. Then ill have a couple left to break up into pieces--lol god only knows if the crumbs will make a diffrence. Its gonna be scarry at the end i know it. I know this is about to get real hard--but as i was telling other people i think i actually quit smoking through this nightmare. Everytime i do my face turns fire engine read and my heart races and i get so hot--like im gonna have a stroke or something--- its really freaking the hell out of me...so i guess after being a smoker of 20 years i might be done- i think i just found a positive our of this addiction-if thats possible!!!! If you can think of anything Mindy please dont hesitate--I need all the support i can get girl!!!

Thanks for checking on my Musicman! Was hoping u would. Its crazy I find myself talking to myself in the mirror! Telling my self im soooo done!! --as im looking at myself like im the freaking DEVIL who did this and i just start cussing my self out!! ! Yes---I litterally am biotching myself out as if im trying to bully myself. dont laugh!!! I just want it that bad! Also praying has helped some... I just do not want to make the same mistake as my mother and father did -and screw my kids up like i was- Just the thought of that is enough for me to be done-THE CYCLE IS ENDING RIGHT HERE!! Thank god my kids are to yound to realize whats going on. That is another reason my story will remain a secret. I have trust issues with people so i just dont share serious stuff about myself with no one.

I read your post today though MusicMan- Im real proud of you the way your preparing yourself for next week. I know this is my first time going through this and it best be the LAST But I have to say ive read a lot of stories here and lots of w/d symptoms and i hohnestly believe what has really helped me is the the vitamins. I take 1 1/2 multi vitamins, b-12, slow release iron, then 3 omega 3 fish oil. Other then that for pain i take 2 liquid advil gel and 1 tylenol arthritis together. Also Gatoade and eating healthy and trying to excercise a little. Anyway better cut this short ---i tend to go on way to much! lol keep in touch. Thanks again to you both for checking on me--means more then u will ever know

Last edited by Administrator; 10-01-2012 at 01:14 PM.

Old 02-24-2011, 05:07 PM   #28
    ~Carolyn~
    (female)

Evo2- I'm so happy to hear you have been following me through my taper. Knowing that there are people who our actually following and reading my posts really gives me all the more reason to prove that recovery is possible. I did the same thing for a good month just kept reading everyone's stories. The day I registered was the day I was ready to quit for good. Registering on here was my first step. Its crazy the amount I was taking but it just took me getting my first on line order for me to say "ya know I think ill take a second dose in the evening!" since I have such a large supply now. It literally happened over night I went from 7 pills in the afternoon to 14 pills in a day. Just was like ya know I think ill take another dose in the evening and that was all she wrote I never stopped till I hit 16 flipping pills a day! It really happened over night crazy I know!!! So just be careful and since you know you wanna try to stop soon what ever u do don't exceed what you are already taking. When your ready ill be here my friend and I promise to carry you all the way to the end. Keep posting and so will I.
    Take care

Last edited by Administrator; 10-01-2012 at 01:15 PM.

Old 02-25-2011, 11:10 AM   #29
    ~Carolyn~
    (female)

Just wanted to log my dose goal for the day this morning around 11:00 I took 3 tramadol and this evening around 6:00 I will take 3 more. Can admit its catching up to me i know this because i caught myself checking the clock waiting fo my dose today for the first time---yikes that scared me--i have to keep my eye on the prize!! Sobriety is gonna feel so much better then these three nasty pills that might decide todays the day that they will cause me to seizure. Still taken the Valium at night along w half of my zoloft. I hink its smart to take the Valium right before bed. I dont wanna stay up to try and feel if there is a buzz from it- as i said i never liked them they never do anything to me- But I just wanna be safe.

Where i live it is below zero today. One of my favorite seasons is Spring. When I can put on my flip flops and play in the dirt with my flowers-this is what i do to make me feel close to my dad-it was his gig and i took over when he passed away and found out i love it too. This is another reason i want to get this over with now! Cant even imagine trying to sit out in the back yard and watch my kids play as im sweating my ase off withdrawing for this. Im so much better off now doing then waiting. That way when the season changes i will be healthy and hopefully happy and be ready to embrace its beauty enjoy my life like i use to.

Did a lot of thinking last night in my boiling hot jacuzzi tup last night about how much i changed from before i took the tramadol- I think its important to find every bad reason why i dont like this drug anymore. For me it is my appearance and how i quit taking care of myself. If i were to describe myself meaning the way i was would be nothing of what im like now. I was the girl that had her hair done every 8 weeks, eybrows threaded every 2 weeks, nails done every 2 weeks and always cared that everything mathced and went together perfectly. I havnt done any of that since i stared heavely using trams- I just didnt care. My hair has not been done since October nails are short not getting them done anymore. I just did what was necessary every day-which was being a good mom and take care of my kids. I use to love to clean even though i had energy in the beginning it faded. Id wait to the end of the day before my husband came home. Vacume -switch my laundry over-meaining 1 load a day--( w 4 girls in the house and 1 guy that isnt possible) oh and unloaded the dishwasher my husband washed before he went to work--not much. but to come to my defense i have a 1 year old,2 and 5 year old-that is one tuff job alone. So im gonna try and start caring about myself again. little by little i hope i come back.

Today my baby sister is turning 21 and is coming here soon i started slow cooking some country ribs at 1000 am for her. She expecting her old sister --she has no idea what ive been going through. i just dont have the energy to carry this day as i always do. I am like a mom to her. everyone expects everrything out of me- i always do every holiday here and anytime something needs to be done they all expect me to handle it--yes even my mom. hope i can get through this day. I always use to think about this day years ago when she turned 21 i use to say --omg ill be an old lady -i wont even wanna go to the bar w her young butt- lol. Now its here god id love to be able to take her out and have a blast- but i just dont feel like it- im sure she doesnt care anyway--shes not a drinker at all-- she dont do nothing not even smoke! But if i was up to it i know she would have went.

Anyway im gonna try and get motivated today and get some food in my stomach.

Old 02-26-2011, 08:11 AM   #30
    ~Carolyn~
    (female)

not gonna believe this. Today when i went to take my dose at 1030 my tramadol were missing from my hiding spot. I havent a clue if someone found them and took them or if i put them in a diffrent spot- ive went through everything they are gone. I had one tramadol in my hiddent in my wallet other then that i guess only time will tell if i will end up having a seizure today-i give up. Its in god hands now. I took a half of valium in hopes i wont have a seizure. I feel like im gonna lose my mind... my husband will be off of work at 3:00 and home all day tomorrow i guess he will be taking care of the kids. probably be way to sick to posting to u guys. Thanks again for all your support guys and i wish you all good luck on your journey. If anyone out there has faith in god. I beg you to say a prayer for me as im gonna need it.

Thanks again

Last edited by Administrator; 10-01-2012 at 01:15 PM.

Closed Thread