It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Just want to let some people know what can be done to kick opiate addiction

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-26-2011, 08:59 AM   #1
kennyg
(male)

kennyg HB User
Just want to let some people know what can be done to kick opiate addiction

All these doctors are putting people on suboxone typically at 16mg a day, and leaving it that way for months on end. Convincing people of reasons why they should stay on it such long periods of time and at these wild doses... I've even heard of people being prescribed 32mg a day for over a year by some of these doctors, and that's what's making it so hard for people to get off of this. I too, went through the situation... Here's what I did though that I think just should be known... I ended up relapsing hard, stopped the suboxone completely and went back to doing the worst, IV Heroin use for about 3 months straight, everyone seeing me dimish before their eyes... this time around I don't want to be addicted to anything, so for 3 months I was using about 20 bags of heroin a day unfortunately, I fell harder than ever before.. I wanted to know that I could be free of everything.. so anyway last time I took any H was 13 days ago, I kicked it and got past all the withdrawals (very limited withdrawals too) with the usage of 1 8mg suboxone pill. I waited 2 days from last dose of H, until I was really really ill, on that 2nd day I took 4mg of suboxone, that is all it took for a guy using 20 bags a day for 3 months to eliminate 95% of the withdrawals systems. The next day (3rd day no H use) I took 2mg of suboxone, 4th day of no H use I took 1mg, and 5th day I took .5mg, just the smallest amount..so I used 7.5 mg of the pill... day 6 nothing, and nothing since... You see, I never let the suboxone build up in my system and never even got addicted to the suboxone again, I used it for 5 days to get thru the worst of the full opioid agonist then just stopped, yes there were withdrawals but they were nothing you couldn't make yourself live with and things started getting better by the 10th day.. a substance with a 36 hour half life, regardless of how much you take, taking an amount everyday will result in build up in your system... 8mg every 24 hours, yet it has a 36 hour half life... so you're taking whatever dose every 24 hours and it is constantly building up in your system.... well I'll shut up now, I just wanted to let anyone who didn't know know that suboxone can be used in an entirely different way, provide it you have made up your mind that once you're through the withdrawals and all that, you are not going back.

I thought this might help alot of people who ended up completely addicted to suboxone like I did... good luck to all..

Respectfully,

Ken

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: kennyg
Biggzzz (03-11-2011),tinkerbell45 (03-13-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to kennyg For This Useful Post:
Biggzzz (03-11-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-26-2011, 03:53 PM   #2
Vivica
(female)

Vivica HB UserVivica HB User
Re: Just want to let some people know what can be done to kick opiate addiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyg View Post
All these doctors are putting people on suboxone typically at 16mg a day, and leaving it that way for months on end. Convincing people of reasons why they should stay on it such long periods of time and at these wild doses... I've even heard of people being prescribed 32mg a day for over a year by some of these doctors, and that's what's making it so hard for people to get off of this. I too, went through the situation... Here's what I did though that I think just should be known... I ended up relapsing hard, stopped the suboxone completely and went back to doing the worst, IV Heroin use for about 3 months straight, everyone seeing me dimish before their eyes... this time around I don't want to be addicted to anything, so for 3 months I was using about 20 bags of heroin a day unfortunately, I fell harder than ever before.. I wanted to know that I could be free of everything.. so anyway last time I took any H was 13 days ago, I kicked it and got past all the withdrawals (very limited withdrawals too) with the usage of 1 8mg suboxone pill. I waited 2 days from last dose of H, until I was really really ill, on that 2nd day I took 4mg of suboxone, that is all it took for a guy using 20 bags a day for 3 months to eliminate 95% of the withdrawals systems. The next day (3rd day no H use) I took 2mg of suboxone, 4th day of no H use I took 1mg, and 5th day I took .5mg, just the smallest amount..so I used 7.5 mg of the pill... day 6 nothing, and nothing since... You see, I never let the suboxone build up in my system and never even got addicted to the suboxone again, I used it for 5 days to get thru the worst of the full opioid agonist then just stopped, yes there were withdrawals but they were nothing you couldn't make yourself live with and things started getting better by the 10th day.. a substance with a 36 hour half life, regardless of how much you take, taking an amount everyday will result in build up in your system... 8mg every 24 hours, yet it has a 36 hour half life... so you're taking whatever dose every 24 hours and it is constantly building up in your system.... well I'll shut up now, I just wanted to let anyone who didn't know know that suboxone can be used in an entirely different way, provide it you have made up your mind that once you're through the withdrawals and all that, you are not going back.

I thought this might help alot of people who ended up completely addicted to suboxone like I did... good luck to all..

Respectfully,

Ken
How are you today, Ken? I hope that you're well and that you're maintaining your positive attitude and achieving your goal of getting and staying clean. Let us know how you're doing when you get a chance. We care because we've been there! It helps me to hear others' stories. It's good motivation for me; it helps me a lot. Take care.

Vivica

Old 02-26-2011, 04:17 PM   #3
kennyg
(male)

kennyg HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivica View Post
How are you today, Ken? I hope that you're well and that you're maintaining your positive attitude and achieving your goal of getting and staying clean. Let us know how you're doing when you get a chance. We care because we've been there! It helps me to hear others' stories. It's good motivation for me; it helps me a lot. Take care.

Vivica
Hey how are you? I've doing a little bit better everyday, suboxone is always taking it's damn time leaving you no matter how low the dose so it still took longer than just going cold turkey from what I was doing, but it was alot less intense, I mean alot.... so I'm very happy with how things have turned out... I was hoping that another story would be of interest to some people, so I just wanted to share.... I know that I have needed all the positive reinforcement I can get...

Old 03-02-2011, 08:47 PM   #4
Vivica
(female)

Vivica HB UserVivica HB User

That's awesome, Kenny! I'm glad to hear it. Suboxone withdrawal is a LOT less intense than other opiate withdrawals, even if it does go on for awhile. The cravings can be fixed with good diet, exercise and sleep habits. Stuff we should be doing, anyway!

Keep up the great work!! Congratulations on being clean.

V.

Old 03-03-2011, 05:51 AM   #5
kennyg
(male)

kennyg HB User

Yup, it's longer withdrawals but much less intense..that was the idea behind my whole plan.... to use just small amounts for the first 3 or 4 days to get thru the worst of the full agonist, then have to suffer through the suboxone but atleast still be able to function.... everyday I feel better and better... it's nice to be free...

Old 03-11-2011, 01:48 PM   #6
Biggzzz
(male)

Biggzzz HB UserBiggzzz HB UserBiggzzz HB UserBiggzzz HB User

Hey man even tho we dont have everything in common, we do have a lot of similarities and the same ideas/thoughts on the suboxone...

I've been doing this dance for a long time... was hurt numerous times on numerous occassions started on 7.5 vics 4 years ago, within 4 months from my first PM doc visit he went from 7.5 vics to 30mg roxi's 6x a day and of course I started abusing them.

I finally got sick of it a little over a year ago and told him I wanted off, I never knew what withdrawals were or felt like until I stopped taking my pills that day because I just didn't want them anymore, well rude awakening for me! I learned allllll about the w/ds that day! anyway, my ******** doc put me on 8mg sub 4x a day!! I was only taking at that time 2-3 roxi's a day! so anyway, I was on the subs for about 8 months and then fell off the wagon for what reason I dont even remember but I went back to the roxi's and because the subs are so strong, it took a LOT more roxi to gimme that "euphoric" feeling. so I went from the subs to aprox 10 roxi 30mgs a day... anyway....

since I fell off the wagon last year, I've been to detox once they used methadone 5 days in then they released me and I went right back to roxi's. had a badddd group of people around me. still fighting it but through out the battles I learned I can take very little suboxone I just need to STAY clean.

so now again for like the 4th time in the past few years, I got balls and said "im done with this ****" I went from 10 roxi 30mgs a day to 2mg sub a day sometimes 40+ hours between doses of sub BUT i've only been on the subs for about 4-5 days now.

I guess my question for you is how bad will my w/ds be if say I took 2mg this morning, now tomorrow morning or night I wait as long as I can and take only 1mg then the following day the same then the following only 0.5mg and then jump! im so scared as usual! =( but I know your going thru what I've gone thru so many times thats why I took the time to write this to you.

I hope you dont mind taking the time to read it. I know this is long, I apollogize but I just wanted to give you a good idea of my story...

I am also going to start a new thread with this.

thanks in advance for any replies!!

Old 03-11-2011, 04:47 PM   #7
second go
Veteran
(male)

second go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB Usersecond go HB User

one thing I noticed by talking to alot of people is that yes w/d are bad...but you can make them worse or better by getting your mind and body ready for it.... often they are not as bad as you think they will be.. not saying they are a cakewalk....but stay focused and prepare yourself to fight it! good luck

Old 03-11-2011, 04:58 PM   #8
Biggzzz
(male)

thank you for the reply SecondGo, I appreciate it. I haven't taken another dose since aprox 8am this morning I took aprox 1.5-2 mg I have had very very minor hot flashes... nothing I can't handle... I kinda know what to expect sometime between 8am tomorrow morning and 8pm tomorrow night I will start to THINK I need it more than I do and I will try my best to fight through it again. I have in the past while on subs go 3-4 days without a dose.

however, this time I prepared a little more. I have the luxury this time of not having to go to work I also bought a 7 day COMPLETE body detoxing kit that cleans out literally everything I.E. Liver, kidneys, blood, colon etc etc... and melatonin for sleep... taking more of that than I should *the pill abuser in me* but also because I have always needed more than the average human being due to my size... (no excuse I know) I have been in bed for a few days and just educating myself on here.

today I decided to join and speak up for the first time... so I truely do appreciate the reply as they will keep me occupied. thank you!

Old 03-11-2011, 10:29 PM   #9
oxygirl
Veteran
(female)

oxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB User

hey bigzzz i just posted on ur thread. don't believe those docs when they talk about size and doseage. I know a 90 pound woman who averages 90 lortab 7.5s in 3 days! It is really sad as she is on morphine patches or whatever those are fentnyl maybe. She has no desire to detox or even admit she has an issue. she also takes about 10 xanax a day! So believe me when I tell you size is no matter. When docs prescribe meds, they generally have an "adult" doseage unless it is maybe an antibiotic and still some of those are standard doseages. He should never have started you out on that type of doseage to begin with. He just threw you in the pit! However, I wish you luck with your mission. Those melatonin....stick with the recommended doseages but I am sure you won't have to worry about addiction to those. at least they are otc drugs! lol....

Go back and find secondgo's thread when he was detoxing. He is one strong fella. Definitely inspirational to others. Lots of good tips on it.

Old 03-12-2011, 04:32 PM   #10
Biggzzz
(male)

I know, it seems as tho all my life doctors have always said this to me tho whether it be antibiotics or pain meds or anti-depressants. which in my opinnion the reason I got addicted to oxy is because my underlying issue of depression/anxiety... I am very big very strong very fit, always have women after me (not being cocky) just trying to prove a point... but besides all that I still dont feel good about myself I still feel to heavy... too out of shape... not good enough! blah!

Kenny where are you! I've been waiting to hear from you!

thank you OG for talking with me =] you seem really cool.

Old 03-12-2011, 04:51 PM   #11
oxygirl
Veteran
(female)

oxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB User

thank you bigzzzzzz. You seem like a nice young man. Get your life together the way you want it and find you and young lady to share it with. You must be some sort of athlete or have a physically demanding job? Just remember treat your body with care and take care of it while you are young because when you get older it just gets harder.

Old 03-12-2011, 04:59 PM   #12
Biggzzz
(male)

I was a high school and college football player.... I just started going to the gym again, but havent in days because of what im going through. (w/ds) =(! I have always been big/fit. naturally believe it or not without lifting weights I stay big/fit. its amazing how I have maintained it so far dont ask me how! I am an italian guido as much as I hate to admit it because that stupid new jersey shore show lol everyone makes fun of me and my friends and say we belong on it.

Old 03-12-2011, 05:21 PM   #13
oxygirl
Veteran
(female)

lol....i am following u on these posts! Now that is great that you are big/fit but trust me in ten years it will turn to fat! You have to keep exercising to maintain. I was a nurse and thought that since i walked constantly I didn't need to exercise and I didn't but then when I quit I started to gain weight and now have about 25 pounds to drop. I am 42 though and not a young girl anymore. You also need to take vitamins and drink lots of water to flush your system. Keep it up, you will prevail if you really want this.

Old 03-12-2011, 05:29 PM   #14
Biggzzz
(male)

thank you! I am dedicated to this and trying my best. I will get back to the gym when this is all over with. all my college football teamates are still my best friends and im BIG but THEY are a lot BIGGER so that will be my motivation.

Appreciate the help!

Old 03-18-2011, 10:38 PM   #15
icehouse3z
Veteran
(male)

icehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB User

i never thought id be able to say this....1 month clean! hard for me to believe after being in a daze for so many years. things are goin good. luckly work has calmed down a little. been workin out alot and getting outside alot more than i used to. i might even get a tan again! just being greatful for all the little things in life.have a good weekend everyone! ::

ice

The following user gives a hug of support to icehouse3z:
oxygirl (03-19-2011)
Closed Thread