It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

COURT DATE .. end of addiction .. fresh start

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-27-2011, 05:28 PM   #1
corissa3
Veteran
(male)

corissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB User
COURT DATE .. end of addiction .. fresh start

Monday Feb 28 could be the best or worst day of my life. I was arrested in July for narcotics possession and that was the end of the road, bottom of the barrel and the best day of my life.

|When they arrested me, I was asked by one of the police officers why I was smiling and happy. I was smiling and happy cuz it was like a tonne of bricks lifted of my back.

It was a new beginning for me. I haven't touched a single drug since.
(except methadone, but thats another story..in this story, I haven't touched a single drug since)
Well tomorrow I receive my sentence for the narcotics possession which could be anywhere from no time to 12 months. Chances are I am good to go since I completed several NA programs and an inpatient program.

I dont have a criminal record, and I HAD a C.P.G.A. Canadian Professional Golfers Association card.until 2004... I am basically throwing it out there for some positive reinforcement cuz I am soooo scared. A well built 280lbs brown dude shaking in my boots, almost in the fetal position acting like a baby.

The point of this story is this: Addiction has a grip on so many people from all walks of life. I hit rock bottom the day I was arrested, rock bottom! I had it in my mind a week prior to my arrest that I wanted to quit. I was tired of the lifestyle, people the places the shame I brought to my friends, family and especially my wife.I am not a bad person, never have been yet there I was, surrounded by metros finest, guns drawn and pointed right at my temple and my mother sitting right next to me getting handcuffed. I begged them to let my mom go (she was clueless) yet the pleas fell on deaf ears. She was arrested STRIP SEARCHED, and treated like a scumbag. They told me if I rolled on MY dealer, they would let her go. |She wasn't released for several hours.

So I pretty much could choose from any ONE of the above things that should have been an eye opener for me yet I had several to choose from.

Last edited by corissa3; 02-27-2011 at 06:14 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2011, 08:27 PM   #2
oxygirl
Veteran
(female)

oxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB User
Re: COURT DATE .. end of addiction .. fresh start

wow Corissa, you never told us any of that. All I can say is go in there with all the good things that you have accomplished. Show them all of your completion certificates or whatever you get from rehab. Then remind them that you have a problem and you are not a criminal. You didn't mention if trafficking were one of the charges. If not then you stand a better chance of a lesser punishment. Like I said remind them u have a problem and you are taking the steps to correct it and to get some help. You are a victim in this situation. I don't know about rolling over on your dealer. That can be scary. It is best to avoid that situation if possible. You wouldn't want to put any of your family in danger. Plus I have just never been a snitch type person. I figure nobody forces me to do anything. Not that makes anything right in the world. I just don't like to stir the **** pot! lol . I don't remember if you said u were working or not. If not, explain to them that u are actively seeking employment and wanted to finish your rehabilitation process before you started so you didn't have to take time off. Just ******** your way through it. It is possible. I don't know the Canadian laws that well. I live in the southern part of the US and drugs are real bad here. I know possession is not as bad as dealing. However, they may try to get u to roll. Just be careful is all I am saying and explain to them that you don't wish to get your family in danger and that you are trying to take responsibility for you and that is enough for now. Good luck and please let us know how it turned out. I will send a small prayer up to God for you. :-)

Old 02-27-2011, 10:24 PM   #3
corissa3
Veteran
(male)

corissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB User

I have one count traffic count with one count possession. Problem is, there was two bags inside ONE ziploc bag making it an automatic traffic charge along with possession.

There is no help for dealers...only addicts. I didn't deal, I was just too stupid (at the time) to finish what I was using prior to reloading.

As far as my dealer, I had to man up to my mistakes along time ago. I was the "fall guy" for the police screw up which is why the one count of each. I believe in owning up, so the dealing roll will never happen. I am not out to do police work.

At the time this happened OG, I was literally at the end of my rope...I hit rock bottom so hard that I didn't think I was going to make it to the weekend alive. I was strung with a capital S on cocaine.

Again, I was so relieved when I was caught cuz I believed there would be help for me. I didn't think I would lose my job, career, most of my money and the worst being my mother strip searched, hand cuffed and stuffed into a holding cell.

I am so ashamed.

I stopped at a gas station that I used to get high at 8 months ago and the urge was so tempting to use again but that image of seeing my mothers disgrace and tears on her face thru the holding cells window snapped me right out of it. I hate myself when I think of that dreaded date!

Anyhow oxygirl, thanks for the kind words of encouragement. If I go away for a long time, feel free to send me a loaf of bread with a file in it to: Lindsay Correctional, Lindsay Ontario LOL.... Just kidding .Mr RCMP, I was just kidding...it doesn't have to be a loaf, it can be a pie

Last edited by corissa3; 02-27-2011 at 10:26 PM.

Old 02-27-2011, 11:49 PM   #4
oxygirl
Veteran
(female)

oxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB User

Think positive Corissa! Hopefully with all that you have done to get clean and stay clean, that will impress the judge. With most addicts it doesn't matter if they have to go to court or jail, they still can't/won't get clean. Anyways, keep the faith! you have ur family to think of and your friends here on this website (don't forget us!) oh and by the way, did I tell you that I am a fantastic cook! Not sure how to insert a file though! lol..... anyways u have to come back and keep encouraging these newbies. Just remember one thing.....even if the judge is an a....hole, don't be tempted to give him your opinion! just a reminder....lol

Old 02-28-2011, 04:47 PM   #5
corissa3
Veteran
(male)

What a day! All is good in the world .. I walked into the court, showed my paperwork to my eager lawyer who blinks like an owl and away she went. She returned moments later to say: The Crown is satisfied and requests you perform X amount of community service hours. At the end of it all, I have NO record! It's like it NEVER happened. THANK GOD for small miracles.

Chris

Old 02-28-2011, 07:16 PM   #6
musicman3
(male)

musicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB User

WTG!!!! I get that is a relief behind you!!!! I got arrested for breach of peace in 2008. I had never ever been in trouble with the law before ever, and this story is a nightmare. I went into my local pharmacy to get my refill of 15 vicodin tablets as I was getting ready to have my second surgery on my hand. Well 5 minutes later the pharmacist comes to the counter and accuses me of forging the script. He shows me the original copy and accused me of circling something in the refill field. I was so in shock I was speechless. He said to get the hell out of his store and never come back.( A pharmacy my family had been using for 30 years mind you) I started to come to my senses and I said why dont you call the doctor and ask him. He was like "oh really,,, you sure you want to do that, you know you forged that script" I said I did not do such a thing. He kept verbally assaulting me about it and I was so in shock. He said to leave the store and never come back in. Well after embarassing me in front of all these people when I left I said a profanity to him. He comes running outside and says...."Now I am gonna get ya and I am gonna call the cops and have them come and arrest you for forgery".

I was so upset.. I called my doctor and explained what happened. He said he would talk to pharmacist and send over a copy. Meanwhile 2 cop cars pull up behind me in the parking lot. They ask me what happened and I said they are accusing me of forgery. One of the cops said to me... You are acting so oddly right now.. are you on drugs?? You know what you did was wrong... I was like "pardon me officer, I have never been in trouble in my life and I am acting weird because I am being charged with something I didnt do"

So they searched my car and get this... In my middle console... they found all these receipts for prescriptions. I used that console for junk and never emptied it. It was mostly receipts for my mother and her meds before she died of cancer. They grabbed all the receipts and then arrested me for potential forgery!!!

They brought me to the station which was a block away. I kept telling them I did nothing wrong and my doctor is calling the pharmacy. This one cop was so nasty to me and said that I was wrong and I was gonna get nailed for it and I should come clean. I kept saying I have no idea what you are talking about. Well 15 minutes later the call comes through and sure enough... I hadn't done anything wrong. Welll guess what! They charged me with breach of peace for saying F you to the pharmacist when I left the store!!! They were so embarassed that they screwed up they didnt want to admit it so they arrested me anyway. They let me go on my own reconziance and gave me back all my receipts, which they couldnt go through since I was not arreseted for forgery.

The point of all this.. I spent 9 months back and forth to court for TEN court appearances for that misdemeanor charge. I was out on occupational leave and I certainly was not gonna use my money for an attorney for something I didnt do. So I didnt pay a dime. 10 court appearances to figure out what they were gonna do. They gave me 6 months of accelerated probation and if I stayed out of trouble it would be expunged. Well of course I stayed out of trouble. I never even had a speeding ticket in my life and it was expunged. The judge even said it 2x to the prosecuter and me that he really did not know why I was there and what a waste of time and resources for something that shouldnt have happened.

Last edited by musicman3; 02-28-2011 at 07:23 PM.

Old 03-01-2011, 08:04 PM   #7
corissa3
Veteran
(male)

Red face Re: COURT DATE .. end of addiction .. fresh start

MUSICMAN3 I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOUR STORY HAD TO DO WITH MINE, I BELIEVE YOU SHOULD ADD, NO, I AM GOING TO REVOKE WHAT I SAID AND I AM GOING TO FIND YOU GUILTY OF HIJACKING MY THREAD FOR PERSONAL GAIN/EXPOSURE!

Your sentence (FOR THIS CARELESS CRIME) is to give another VERY INTERESTING STORY and you have to find one other member to tell/share their story with the board as well.

I really did enjoy that story .. thank you. Im not sure if I mentioned this in an earlier post but tomorrow (March 2) my lawyer is doing a judicial pre-trial on the second set of charges that happened approx. one month or so before the above mentioned incident.

My NEW lawyer said "I hope to find a judge with just half a brain that will see this case for what it is....WEAK AT BEST!" I mean, their case is beyond weak. I didn't do it nor do I match the two eyewitnesses description of the attacker.

To make it worse, I may actually go down for something I didn't do. I couldn't possibly hurt an elderly lady. I am sad, to say the least that I could even be considered in a case like this. I am the most fun , happy go lucky person on the planet when I am sober.Apparently good at tooting my own horn (the wife thru that in there).

Anyway, since i am a random type of person...........anyone else wanna share your police stories?

P L E A S E , DRUG RELATED WOULD BE GREAT TO KEEP THE BOARD MEMBERS ADN THE POWERS THAT BE HAPPY. I NEED SOMETHING TO KEEP MY MIND OFF TOMORROWS OUTCOME AND MY GIRL OXYGIRL IS NO WHERE IN SIGHT!

Last edited by corissa3; 03-01-2011 at 08:05 PM.

Old 03-01-2011, 08:12 PM   #8
musicman3
(male)

musicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB User

Well you can sentence me to whatever as tonight is my last night of my pills. Tommorow is day 1 and by this time tommorow night I will not be feeling so good so I probably will be rambling more. I hope your outcome is favorable tommorow. Oxygirl should show uo at some point for you. Don't you worry..

Oh,, there was also that time at Band Camp...

Old 03-02-2011, 07:48 AM   #9
oxygirl
Veteran
(female)

I am here Corissa just been real busy. Can't say I have any real good stories to match yall but hey.....I enjoy reading yall's experiences! I had therapy on the knee which went real well. Going to join the gym there so I can get myself back on track and try to get off some of these drugs! lol I am glad u aren't going to jail and I am sure that you won't be found guilty of the other thing either. They have to have some good evidence and/or DNA which doesn't sound like they have. Getting ready to go on spring break with my daughter and her friend (they are in college). Yes she invited her mama! Can you believe that? It means I am really "cool" or she feels sorry for me. lol. I am not allowed to interfere if they talk to some cute guys though. At least that is what they told me. Hey I am going to be talking to some myself I told them! lol and they best not interfere either!
Sounds like u are really getting it together. I don't detect any depression from you either and I am happy for you. You will find that once you get this "legal" stuff out of your way that a burden will be lifted off your shoulders. Is everything going okay at home? Wife and kids being supportive of you? I am sure they are proud of how far you have come and all that you have accomplished. It really takes a strong person to get off of these drugs. For it is much easier to just give in and let it control you. Coming off of them is a ******! I need to start cutting down. I keep saying that and using all of this other stuff as an excuse but I am going to buckle down and practice what I preach. I go to dr. for post op follow-up tomorrow. The knee feels better but it is still restrictive in that I can't bend it say to get down and clean the bathtub and such. Hopefully that is temporary. Even if it isn't I have gotten significant pain relief from the surgery. Which is about all anyone can hope for I suppose. Let us know how court goes. TTYL....

Old 03-02-2011, 07:50 AM   #10
oxygirl
Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman3 View Post
Well you can sentence me to whatever as tonight is my last night of my pills. Tommorow is day 1 and by this time tommorow night I will not be feeling so good so I probably will be rambling more. I hope your outcome is favorable tommorow. Oxygirl should show uo at some point for you. Don't you worry..

Oh,, there was also that time at Band Camp...
hey musicman, so today is your cold turkey? Did you taper any or is it real "cold turkey"? Oh I hate that withdrawl thing! Let us know how it is going. Ranting is fine.....I am sure I have done enough of it! lol

Old 03-03-2011, 01:53 PM   #11
oxygirl
Veteran
(female)

okay Corissa where are U at this time? Just wondering if you are okay. I know you didn't go through all of the stuff u did to wind up in the slammer. Canada is too far away to send any food. It would be stale bythe time it got there. If you lived closer I would make u a homemade chicken pot pie! That is comfort food for the soul and maybe it will take the place of all of those other things that u liked for comfort! lol....jk. gotta have some humor on here right? I only have a dozen pills to do me till the 11th so I am going to be doing some freakin myself. Maybe now is the time to talk myself down the ladder huh? The knee is doing great so that is no excuse. I have a few other things if I need them but just not my doc (drug of choice). I am probably going to be on this board driving everyone else crazy with all of my ranting. Trying to talk my ex into moving into a mobile home that we own. Well he actually owns it now. Maybe if I could get on with my life and get some of the big stresses out of it I would do better. I am kind of scared to live alone because I live way out in the country. Seriously, we have a well because they don't run city water this far out! lol....It is a nice house though. Needs some work but that would require a man who cared and I don't seem to have one of those! Gonna learn to do the stuff myself. Men are overrated (nothing personal). Just gotta get through the week and I will be fine again until next month i suppose. I gave some of my pills to a friend of mine who keeps doing this to me every month. She runs out of hers early and I end up sharing. Which is not cool. I hate being a slave to these meds. It is driving me nuts. I just wanna be free of them. I would also like to be free of pain. MY neck is killing me. It is like being stuck between a rock and a hard place. Well I was just wondering if you were okay. I haven't seen u on here in a couple of days. Don't be letting anyone get u down because u are doing so great. One day at a time. Sometimes one hour at a time! Take care

Old 03-04-2011, 11:11 AM   #12
oxygirl
Veteran
(female)

OKAY CHRISTOPHER! where are you? I need some of your tough love advice.

Old 03-04-2011, 12:16 PM   #13
corissa3
Veteran
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxygirl View Post
OKAY CHRISTOPHER! where are you? I need some of your tough love advice.

Alright OGirl, Chris is here ... let's begin. Give me a bit to tackle that post and if there is anything you left out or want to change, now is the time to come clean...LOL... Give me a bit to get back in the game... Ill b right with ya!

Old 03-07-2011, 07:08 AM   #14
oxygirl
Veteran
(female)

hey Chris (corissa), how are things going?

I am doing okay. The Knee is acting up again and i am a little disappointed. I thought I would be fully cured. I think i was wrong. They couldn't get me a later appointment and I had to miss my canceled one so I took out my own stitches. They werent many but my whole family acted like I did open heart surgery on myself! I had to remind them that I used to do that for a living when I was a nurse. I took stitches out of people constantly and staples out of old peoples hips when they healed! I was a geriatric nurse. I have been taking more lortabs than roxis because i am almost out of them. i think they are better than the oxycodone (addiction wise) because I don't crave like I was or at least my body doesn't. who knows. I am probably trading one problem for another. anyways. i don't know what to think. I am hoping to cut down all together soon.

let us know how things are with ya

Old 03-08-2011, 07:56 PM   #15
corissa3
Veteran
(male)

Oxygirl you killed me when I read men are over rated! I would hate to fill those shoes (the last one anyway )

I am OFF to Florida this weekend for a 14 day rehab... Sucks when its the female with the money and the ability to call the shots!!! . Some sun and shine should do me just fine. I seem to be slowly going back to my old ways but at the hands of the misses. It seems she will never stop with the accusations.

Im so hurt by it. I wish I could turn my feelings off sometimes but how do we as addicts truly heal when the one there for support is constantly accusing of things that aren't true?

I don' t know if we are just prolonging the inevitable or what? Why the distrust? I feel if I can't prove to her I am changing for the better, am i? Someone (her) is by court order glued to my hip 24/7. I can honestly say in 8 months, we've spent maybe a total of 20 hours apart so if that person feels I haven't changed, have I? Will I?

Right now I am at the lowest point in my life. It cant possibly get worse than how I feel now but it is. Is this my destiny? Am I going to forever be surrounded by my past and held against my will from a productive future?

Everything and everyone around me seems like doom and gloom. I don't see positive outcomes anymore (i am not suicidal) but my entire life was filled with happiness yet when my girl gets in her moods, I feel like MY identity is gone. My self is no longer my self. I know this may sound weird OG but its kinda like what makes me happy with her makes everything else in my life miserable. I am not generalizing but rather being factual, and thats a horrible feeling. I would continue but I don't want to bore you!

I m wish I had known you personally years ago when I needed stitches out

Closed Thread