It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Hi everyone

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-17-2011, 04:41 PM   #1
bonehead104
(male)

bonehead104 HB User
Hi everyone

I've only been on Norco 10/325's for two months.Problem is that I enjoy them.
Been taking three a night.Going to stop next Monday.Does anyone think I will feel any withdrawl symptoms? And I'd like to wish everyone going through the withdrawls good luck
Thanks

Last edited by bonehead104; 03-17-2011 at 04:42 PM. Reason: spelling error

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-17-2011, 04:55 PM   #2
Biggzzz
(male)

Biggzzz HB UserBiggzzz HB UserBiggzzz HB UserBiggzzz HB User
Re: Hi everyone

two months how many in total a day? your prolly gonna experience SOME withdrawals but NOTHING like what some of us other people have gone through. thats how it started for all of us something like norcos or 7.5 vics... then on to the heavier stuff. we ALL love the feeling it gives you, thats the problem.

that being said take this bit of advice very strongly. it will be a LOT easier/less painful to stop RIGHT now than it will be in a few more months from now. I wish you the best goodluck

The Following User Says Thank You to Biggzzz For This Useful Post:
bonehead104 (03-18-2011)
Old 03-17-2011, 05:12 PM   #3
musicman3
(male)

musicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB User

I can't stress how right on Bigg is. Please.. do youself a favor, find something healthy you enjoy. You do NOT want to continue on this path. How I wish I could turn back time. The one good thing about me is, I dont enjoy taking the pills, and once I am over the initial HELL of withdrawal, I do not crave them. Don't tempt fate. PLEASE adhere this advice. I can not stress it enough

The Following User Says Thank You to musicman3 For This Useful Post:
bonehead104 (03-18-2011)
Old 03-17-2011, 05:42 PM   #4
Biggzzz
(male)

thank you music, I know your going through what I have gone through and both you and I have gone through this many times and failed. this time I succeeded. I have a lot of info to help you get through what your going through with the least amount of discomfort and pain if you would like the info let me know and I will give it to you. goodluck to both of you.

Old 03-17-2011, 05:46 PM   #5
musicman3
(male)

musicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB User

How much were you taking Bigg?? There was a typo in your other post so I couldnt tell how much you were taking a day

Old 03-17-2011, 05:57 PM   #6
Biggzzz
(male)

how much what oxy or sub? I was taking on average 350-400mgs of oxycodone !!! then I was taking 5-6 40mg opanas (oxymorphone) for 2 months when I was cut off from my oxys but also buying some 30mg roxis here and there too! anyway, straight from there I took my last dose of 30mg roxis (5) at once... went to sleep woke up and waited to feel sick then took my first 2mg dose of suboxone... for 2-3 days I did 2mgs of subs in the morning then on the 4th 1.5 and 5th 1.5 then jumped off. havent taken anything since and as crazy as this sounds it wasnt that bad im no medical doctor but I know one thing for a FACT when it comes to suboxone I (me) know more than most of these pain med docs. you do NOT need to take such high doses of suboxone number 1 and number 2 they want you on it long term to continue getting your money. If you do this you will be able to get off suboxone a lot easier. NEVER and I repeat NEVER take suboxone for more than a week and the quicker you taper the easier it is and the better is it.

Now I know for SOME people this may not be the case and SOME people may need to be on it long term because they arent determined to quit but IMHO thats a cop-out.

hope this helps.

I want to add one more thing, FEAR takes over and keeps us from moving forward with this addiction which these doctors, detox clinics and rehabs rely on. its amazing how they get away with this.

I feel as tho methadone clinics are legal drug dealers. its sickening what they do to us. They get rich as we shrivel up, lose everything we have, suffer and then eventually die.

dont become a statistic.

I know my views seem a bit strong on these issues and I will say this, I believe that rehab is best for some but not for all. they force people in who dont even need it just to take their money.

Last edited by Biggzzz; 03-17-2011 at 06:08 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to Biggzzz For This Useful Post:
BobCat05 (08-02-2012)
Old 03-17-2011, 06:05 PM   #7
musicman3
(male)

When I went through detox in Dec 2009, I started on 6 mgs only. I went down to 2 mgs with in 3 days. When I decided to use it to stabilize for the few months, I was only taking between 1 and 1.5 mgs a day. They were very pleased with me at Detox as they said they were used to starting people between 12 and 24. They were amazed I only used 6. They also were kind of figuring out why I was really there with the amount of oxy I was using, but they treated me so well. I was such a good experience for me. Not a lockdown and just comfortable and safe.

They got me in under a loophole. My insurance will not pay for opiate detox. It is something the believe can be down at home! I got in by having them say I had a benzo addiction which insurance pays for. The irony is I never abused benzos and at the time I was taking, get this, .125!!! mgs a day of Klonopin! But hey, it allowed me to get in with insurance paying for it.

I have been taking low doses of valium and ativan off and on since November. This is only when I am trying to detox. I hate benzos and I know that is a can of worms that can be deadly! Now I am scared I took too much valium last night and I am going to have an issue. Do you see how easy it is to get my mind all worked up!!

Old 03-17-2011, 06:14 PM   #8
Biggzzz
(male)

Yes, you over-analyze things I see this but thats ok its sometimes better to be that way as it protects you.

I have been taking valium for 4 days now. 3-4 10mgs a day and set my cut off day for sat or sunday. I have taken 3 10mgs at once while on 300mgs of oxy and how I am still breathing is beyond me but no, I dont think you have anything to worry about. I dont suggest taking two at once but im being a hypocrit because I do it sometimes too.

Let me ask you this, how long have you been taking the V's? if its only been a few days you have nothing to worry about, although I suggest tapering in the next few days like I am planning since I've been taking 3-4 a day for 4 days and plan on 3 more 7 in total even tho I've been told/read that wont be a problem I still feel I should taper off that too so my body can adjust rather than adbruptly stop it.

Old 03-17-2011, 06:27 PM   #9
musicman3
(male)

I only took it yesterday. I hadnt taken it in about 3- 4 weeks. I was taking ambien everyother night for the past 2 weeks.

Old 03-17-2011, 06:53 PM   #10
Biggzzz
(male)

then dont even bother concerning yourself about the valium it's not going to cause you to withdraw or have seizures. 2 days is nothing, if it was a few weeks I'd say yea there is cause for concern but no, your fine.

stop worrying and concentrate on your plan to come off the norcos. I will help you all I can. I keep checking the boards, im playing wii with my ex fiancee my brother and his girlfriend and they are getting their asses kicked, but I get my msgs on my blackberry when you post so I will write back lol

Old 03-18-2011, 02:30 PM   #11
bonehead104
(male)

bonehead104 HB User

Hi,
I'm taking three norco's 10/325's when I get home from work.

Closed Thread