It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

What to expect at rehab

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-04-2011, 06:20 PM   #1
georgi
(female)

georgi HB User
What to expect at rehab

Thinking about a rehab Betty Ford type place to get me off of oxys. I just was wondering what to expect from a place like that. I am addicted to xanax and need to get off those as well, but really don't want to because my panic attacks are so bad. So can I just get off the oxys and what is the first week like? Do they give you comfort meds to help with withdraw or what? I am on pretty high doses of the oxycodone 130 mg every 4 hours thru the night as well. Help please. Nobody ever tells you what the first week at rehab is like. Must be scary
georgi

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-04-2011, 06:29 PM   #2
musicman3
(male)

musicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB Usermusicman3 HB User
Re: What to expect at rehab

Hi Georgi.. I am glad you are figuring out a plan. You definitely need to do this at a rehab where you can be monitored. All rehabs vary so it depends on where you go. Most rehabs with a medical detox will aid you in withdrawal with meds. Suboxone is getting to be a standard. It is a partial opiate that doesnt really get you high but it stops the physical cravings. I had a good experience with it.

I only did medical detox part of rehab. I never went to a 30 day program or the like, but I loved my detox experience. I was at my local hospital which has a detox and outpatien rehab. For the medical detox program, you are monitored and kept comfortable and you fill the days by going to meetings and having classes on abuse.

I think rehab experiences should be positive. You really need to make the programs work for it to be successful. You really have to want it and work the angles to be successful.

Keep us posted!

Old 04-04-2011, 07:28 PM   #3
georgi
(female)

georgi HB User

Thanks for the fast response. Please keep them coming. Anyone know of a place in the phoenix area. I am so lost and it is real hard trying to do this on your own. Lv the idea of being in or having a medical facility close by with all my issues
georgi

Old 04-05-2011, 11:19 AM   #4
oxygirl
Veteran
(female)

oxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB User

Way to go Georgi! I hope you have a good experience and the transition goes smoothly. Musicman you seem to be doing great also! Good luck Georgi. We will be waiting to hear the details of your voyage!

Closed Thread