It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• Lost my klonopin

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-03-2011, 04:13 PM   #1
    axic
    (male)

axic HB User
    Angry Lost my klonopin

hi,

i have dealt with anxiety issues for many years and have taken my fair share of different medications in the past (benzos included) and as of 2 weeks ago I was prescribed 0.5 clonazepam and have been taking one (0.5mg) a day since then. i misplaced the entire bottle and searched the whole house over and over again. i finally gave up. i know benzo withdrawl can be dangerous, especially cold turkey, but is this a significant amount? what am i to expect? to i need to find more immediately so that i can taper off, or is it ok to just quit? i know they're terrible for you anyway.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-04-2011, 01:02 AM   #2
    Phoenix
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
    Re: Lost my klonopin

Hello A,

Please contact you prescribing physician ASAP,especially if they were of benefit to you.

As I am taking you at your word,may I suggest,in the event you can't contact your pdoc then go to the nearest ER.

As you have been on benzo's for some time,it's impossible to tell what type of reaction you will have.....

especially if you are on other meds that you have not specifically stated.

Respectfully
    Phoenix

Last edited by Phoenix; 07-04-2011 at 01:04 AM.

Old 07-04-2011, 06:25 AM   #3
    axic
    (male)

axic HB User

sorry, i wasn't totally thorough in my explanation. by in the past i mean i have taken and know benzodiazepenes. for two or three years before this prescription of 0.5mg klonopin I had not taken any medication.

Old 07-04-2011, 10:09 AM   #4
    Phoenix
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User

Benzo derivatives react differently on certain individuals and withdrawal effects are based in part to the dosage being administered,along with the duration of use.

As a controlled substance,that is physician administered,in which they are familiar with your history,I would suggest you leave it to them to provide expert advice and administer adequate care for your specific situation.

Respectfully
    Phoenix

Last edited by Phoenix; 07-04-2011 at 10:29 AM.

Closed Thread