HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Addiction & Recovery (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/addiction-recovery/)
-   -   Taking 700mg Oxycodone - Will Suboxone helps with 650mg a day habit (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/addiction-recovery/858420-taking-700mg-oxycodone-will-suboxone-helps-650mg-day-habit.html)

BipolarSucks 07-10-2011 02:44 AM

Taking 700mg Oxycodone - Will Suboxone helps with 650mg a day habit

So I have been taking Oxycodone now for about 5 months or so. Prior to that I was taking Vicoden everyone in a while to help with my BAD times with my BIPOLAR.

I knew and Know it is not right but honestly it is the ONLY thing that seems to work to stop the negative thoughts and feelings that destroy me and could easily kill me.

So I am under a lot of pressure with work to just keep my job. So I was going to vicodin once again after work to calm down. So maybe 3 times a week after work.

Well the vicodin supply dried up and I could only get these ROXY things. I started taking them and they didnt work the same. But worked enough. However within a month I was up to 300mg to even get that feeling of calm. I NEVER GET HIGH. I SWEAR. Well I never feel high. What it does for me is make my brain stop racing and the negative thoughts to go away. So I guess I am high. But I am not high like I see other on it. THEY ARE HIGH. I just feel and look and act normal when I take the stuff.

So now 5 months later of on and off again taking them. 2 to 3 to 4 times a week to current state which is EVERYDAY for past 4 weeks. But I am up to like 600MG to 700MG a day and I DONT EVEN feel it.

If i dont take them I get sick and cant do that as Ill loose my job then I am in worse spot. I am in trouble wither way. So stupid I took them to deal with work and stress and biploar thoughts. Now i need to take them so i dont get sick and get fired. LIFE SUCKS!!!

So my question is will Subxone help at such a high does of this oxy a day? How much do I have to take? I just got 30 Suboxones. I WANT TO BE DOEN WITH ALL OF THIS ****. I am not getting addicted to these subs either as they are even worse.

Just want to know if the subs will help with coming off 700mg of roxycodone a day.

Also what happens with an overdose of roxy? I check my breathing and think its fine. But i get so worried once I cross the 5 pill mark. ITS JUST SO RIDICULOUS right now. MY SITUATION I MEAN. Just makes no sense. ERRR

PLEASE HELP

katlin09 07-10-2011 11:07 PM

Re: BIPOLAR -Taking 700mg Oxycodone - Will Suboxone helps with 650mg a day habit

Hang in there I am here and I do care about your situation.

kat

thisguy86 07-11-2011 12:30 PM

Re: Taking 700mg Oxycodone - Will Suboxone helps with 650mg a day habit

Wow i have never heard of anybody taking that much Oxycodone before. If they are Roxis they have acetaminophen in them too. Hun I am glad you are stopping because although you don't feel anything they are probably destroying your liver. From what I hear suboxone can help for sure. I would try to take the smallest amount that can make you comfortable so those 30 pills will last and you will be able to taper off. Good luck and God Bless

katlin09 07-11-2011 12:46 PM

Okay, so new day, new post. So you take narcotics for bipolar, that's a new one for me. Did a doctor start this?

You're taking a very very high dose of oxy, a very dangerous dose. I don't know for certain, but I'm pretty sure that a suboxone doc or clinic is not going to give you the equality of that in Suboxone, or even close. The other problem is, your trading one addiction for another..Suboxone is very addictive, and you'll probably have to detox off of it, because you have wiped out your tolerence barrier, it's through the roof.

Your best bet, honestly....check yourself into a clinic and do this safely. The BiPolar issues are goign to make the detoxing much harder with or without the Suboxone. I know your scared and hurting, but why not just do it the safe way and the right way.

Then after you get all that stuff out of your system, you're going to have to find a way to manage your BP. Once again, in all honesty, i'm pretty sure you'll have trouble getting the meds to work right for a while. You definitely need a therapist, you'll need someone to hang on to while your going through all this, because it won't be easy, but it's a major necessity.

I really hope that you decide to do this with help. Yell if you need or want to talk. I'll keep you in my prayers......

take care,

kat

Wendy88 07-12-2011 12:12 AM

Hi BipolarSucks! I hope u are hanging in there. So first I just wanted to let u know that Roxys do NOT have acetaminophen in them... Percocets do. They both use the same drug, oxycodone, which is hat u are addicted to( me too) but percs have the Tylenol aspect as well. Now at that dose, im sure u are hurting ur liver etc... But u are sure lucky they aren't percs.

I have a friend who takes codeine for her BP. Bur she is VERY closely monitored by her doc, sees a therapist etc.... And she only takes it cause all other BP meds hav failed her.

There are a lot of meds out ther for BP... And for the $ u spend on the roxys, u could see a therapist and get th proper meds that really will help u, and wil help to balance your brain chemistry. All u are going now is putting a bandaid on the issue.... and it's pretty dangerous . That's a high dose . Please be careful. I would go to a doctor and see what advice they have for safely coming off this dose, while transitioning u mist likely, to a proper bipolar med. Don't be afraid to go o the doctor . Easier said than done, but your life will get better a lot faster if you go. Best of luck! Wendy

daddyPhatSax 07-19-2011 06:16 AM

Another thing to be careful of is if you decide to take some of the subs, DO NOT take them until you are in withdrawl. If you aren't in withdrawl (and I mean real withdrawl, not just feeling it "a little") then you will go into precipitated withdrawl, which is like 100 times worse.

30 would get you through the worst of the withdrawl, but they aren't going to fix your problem. You have to figure out why you feel the need to take drugs and work on that. No pill you take is going to help you with that.

Norcoguy 07-19-2011 07:19 AM

My god BS, Ive never heard of a dose that high either...especially so fast, you built yourself up to that in 5 months? How much vicodin did you use daily before that and for how long? i was at 200+mg's a day built over 6 years, You are playing with lethal levels...that could kill you anyday just out of the blue if your body just deceides it cant handle it on a particular day, i dont care how healty you are. you may not feel high, because you are always high...This isnt even an addiction problem...its a life or death emergency for you, please please, take an immidate family or personal leave of absence, to save your life...i usally dont post anymore, but this is an emergency!!

ed945 06-22-2012 02:59 PM

[QUOTE=BipolarSucks;4796272]So I have been taking Oxycodone now for about 5 months or so. Prior to that I was taking Vicoden everyone in a while to help with my BAD times with my BIPOLAR.

I knew and Know it is not right but honestly it is the ONLY thing that seems to work to stop the negative thoughts and feelings that destroy me and could easily kill me.

So I am under a lot of pressure with work to just keep my job. So I was going to vicodin once again after work to calm down. So maybe 3 times a week after work.

Well the vicodin supply dried up and I could only get these ROXY things. I started taking them and they didnt work the same. But worked enough. However within a month I was up to 300mg to even get that feeling of calm. I NEVER GET HIGH. I SWEAR. Well I never feel high. What it does for me is make my brain stop racing and the negative thoughts to go away. So I guess I am high. But I am not high like I see other on it. THEY ARE HIGH. I just feel and look and act normal when I take the stuff.

So now 5 months later of on and off again taking them. 2 to 3 to 4 times a week to current state which is EVERYDAY for past 4 weeks. But I am up to like 600MG to 700MG a day and I DONT EVEN feel it.

If i dont take them I get sick and cant do that as Ill loose my job then I am in worse spot. I am in trouble wither way. So stupid I took them to deal with work and stress and biploar thoughts. Now i need to take them so i dont get sick and get fired. LIFE SUCKS!!!

So my question is will Subxone help at such a high does of this oxy a day? How much do I have to take? I just got 30 Suboxones. I WANT TO BE DOEN WITH ALL OF THIS ****. I am not getting addicted to these subs either as they are even worse.

Just want to know if the subs will help with coming off 700mg of roxycodone a day.

Also what happens with an overdose of roxy? I check my breathing and think its fine. But i get so worried once I cross the 5 pill mark. ITS JUST SO RIDICULOUS right now. MY SITUATION I MEAN. Just makes no sense. ERRR

PLEASE HELP[/QUOTE]

Yup, it sure does! (life I mean). I have clinical depression as well as PTSD and am bi-polar. About five months ago I was diagnosed with severe osteoarthritis in my neck and lower back. Other than the mental stuff I was doing just fine Now, I'm reduced to a slobbering idiot. My mental stuff is being treated with Lamictal (a mood stabilizer), Lexapro (for depression) and Klonopin for my PTSD. I've been on these meds for several years and they haven't let me down yet. You may want to talk to your doc about these meds.

Now, on to the other thing. I was put on Oxycodone for my arthritic pain and it worked very well. Two 10mg tabs every four hours. I was on them for five months. My doc turned out to be a schmuck so I fired him. Well, that was pretty dumb since now I'm having trouble finding a pain management doc. They wanted me to try Suboxone. I know enough about the stuff to say: Thanks, but no thanks! I'd rather take my chances with Oxycodone, besides I do need it for a legitimate arthritic diagnosis.

I am in no way trying to downplay what you are going though. I know it is living hell. As one of the other writers pointed out I, too, was amazed that they prescribed oxy's for bi-polar. I'm sure you're shrink is a well intentioned man but it seems as though he obtain his training though a correspondence school.:confused:

OK, so I'll shut-up already but I will leave you with one last piece of advice, take it for what it's worth (which may be nothing): STAY AWAY FROM SUBOXONE!!!