It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• 33 hours

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-30-2012, 06:28 PM   #16
    KennyD1
    (male)

KennyD1 HB UserKennyD1 HB User
    Re: 33 hours

Katlin,

Thanks so much for asking.

I have had no tramadol for at least a week. I think I underestimated that as a factor.

Just getting off that is good I think. So I have gotten off that and reduce hydro by 1/2 pill per day.

Ken

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-30-2012, 06:41 PM   #17
    katlin09
    Inactive
    (female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

Ken,

Tramadol withdrawals can be and generally are worse than most other narcotic meds. If you stopped that cold turkey a week ago, you very well may be having withdrawals from that and not the other..

Kat

Old 04-30-2012, 08:00 PM   #18
    froglady6g
    (female)

froglady6g HB Userfroglady6g HB User

hello there how have you been doing? I'm new myself to these boards. but if i can be any help I'm here, to vent to. or just to share stories. i don't mean to come off rude but i must say your down to such a low does my guess is your addiction is more physiological then chemical. but I'm no doctor, just a fellow opiate addict, on methadone now. and even a physiological addiction is pure hell i know this 1st hand. i have been clean myself this time around sense DEC.22 2011. but as i said i am on a methadone maintenance program which i know some people think it's just replacing one drug for another, but that's not how i feel. I'm not high, I'm not spend a crap load of money on pills every day or spending hours searching for pills or putting myself in seedy situations to buy pills, I'm able to be back at work I'm able to take care of my kids and not live in a fog. I'm able to go and do things and not be worried if i have enough pills to get though the day. this was the 1st year in a long *** time that i can show for what i spent my tax return on, i moved to a better apartment and bought new furniture for my place, most years in the past i spent appx. 6,000 on pills in a short time. so as you can see yes i'm on methadone but i got my life back. and i started to use pills about 6 years ago when i hurt my back at work. these last 6 years i have gotten clean a few times, but i seam to always relapse. i have gotten clean once with the help of suboxine and once before with methadone. the suboxine was nice and easy, i didn't deal with withdrawals coming off that, but methadone is hell coming off i think it's worse then regular withdrawal from pills. but for me that it what seams to work best, everyone is different. i live in ct suboxine is very hard to get legally the waiting list to see a doctor who is licensed to give it is so long and those doctors don't take insurance it's all about doctors putting more $ in there pockets. methadone clinics do take insurance so that's why i went back to the methadone clinic. for me i get clean for a while then i think i got this beat and i come off the suboxine/methadone, well then I'm good for a few months and boom something will happen and I'm back using again, hopefully this time i will just except the help of the methadone and stick with it and stay clean, people are just so judgmental of people who are on methadone even myself i have always thought that iv drug users are on methadone which yes alot are but methadone is also used for opiates use too, as i know now. so it's a cycle i'm trying to break, so your not alone thanks for letting me vent and share my story, a little bit of info too add: I'm 36 year old female as i said from ct. my drug of choice this time around where perk 30's, i would use up to 4 to 6 a day and i would snort them. before that was oxy's until they made them so you couldn't crush them any more, when i would have to swallow them just so i wouldn't get sick that got me to get clean. my thing is the energy rush. i like the speedy feeling, makes me feel like I'm super mom i can just keep going and going i would never get tired, that goodness i never have done speed, well i have just my own kind or meth, i bet i would just love that, OK I've rambled on, best of luck, your not alone be safe and it's true take things one day at a time....

Old 04-30-2012, 08:37 PM   #19
    froglady6g
    (female)

froglady6g HB Userfroglady6g HB User

as i said I'm new to these boards i thought i was replying to you 1St post how u felt alone and i thought i read that you were only on 5mg a day and were trying to withdrawal from that. that's why i said you were on such a low amount. I'm sorry i didn't mean to come off by sounding like i was down playing your issue in any way. katlin09 is full of great info and help, i'm thankful i found her on these boards i hope she can be useful to you as she is for me. again i'm totally sorry if i came off as down playing your addiction that was the furthest thing from my intention

Old 04-30-2012, 08:57 PM   #20
    KennyD1
    (male)

Katlin,

Thanks for the info. I trivialized tramadol because it is so easy to get on the internet. I have taken it for 3 years, originally 200 mg per day and 300 mg per day for the last four months. I last took one on Wednesday. So this is only my fifth day without.

I think this means I will feel better tomorrow :-)

I have been sticking to the 35 mg of hydro per day. Last week I took 1 hydro/1 tram on wed, 1 hydro on thurs, and none on friday. On Friday I was SICK. I tried to go for a walk and could not go 1/2 mile without sitting. Tonight I went on my normal walk -- 3 and 1/2 miles.

Friday was my 33 hour mark when I made my first post.

Thanks again Katlin !!!

Ken

Old 04-30-2012, 08:58 PM   #21
    KennyD1
    (male)

froglady, thanks for posting. you are a friend.

The Following User Says Thank You to KennyD1 For This Useful Post:
    froglady6g (05-01-2012)
    Old 04-30-2012, 08:59 PM   #22
    KennyD1
    (male)

Frisbee,

Thanks !!!!!

Ken

Old 05-01-2012, 08:20 AM   #23
    KennyD1
    (male)

OK

Now I think I get it

Today is day 6 with no tramadol. I feel better today. I did not understand this played a part.

I still take hydro at 35 mg per day.

Old 05-01-2012, 02:16 PM   #24
    KennyD1
    (male)

As the day goes by, I am good and bad. At times, I have felt a severe level of stress. At this exact moment I feel good.

I really underestimated the tramadol.

Old 05-01-2012, 03:48 PM   #25
    KennyD1
    (male)

In spite of feeling miserable for part of day I think I can maintain the 35 mg goal. It is 3:45 and I am at 27.5.

Old 05-01-2012, 04:30 PM   #26
    katlin09
    Inactive
    (female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

Hang in there Ken. Tramadol is one of the hardest drugs to detox off of, your doing really well, don't sell yourself short.

Make sure your doing all the things you should to stay safe, hydrate, nibble at bland foods even if nauseous, get some excercise, walks outside in the sun and fresh air are good. Being out in big open spaces can get rid of the closed in anxious feelings. Hot baths in the evening before bed help you relax and get ready for sleep. Just be kind to yourself.

Kat

Old 05-01-2012, 04:36 PM   #27
    KennyD1
    (male)

Katlin,

You are an absolute angel. I hope you know that.

Today is 6 days with no tramadol. I walked 3 and 1/2 miles. Relaxed in hot tub. In between I am looking for job.

Posting hear helps.

Responses help.

Frisbee,

You are an angel !

Today is a good day ! Tomorrow should be easier. :-)

Ken

Old 05-01-2012, 07:38 PM   #28
    frisbeefreak
    (female)

frisbeefreak HB Userfrisbeefreak HB Userfrisbeefreak HB Userfrisbeefreak HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by KennyD1 View Post
    Katlin,

You are an absolute angel. I hope you know that.

Today is 6 days with no tramadol. I walked 3 and 1/2 miles. Relaxed in hot tub. In between I am looking for job.

Posting hear helps.

Responses help.

Frisbee,

You are an angel !

Today is a good day ! Tomorrow should be easier. :-)

Ken
    If tomorrow isn't any easier don't get discouraged because you will have you good days and bad days

The Following User Says Thank You to frisbeefreak For This Useful Post:
    KennyD1 (05-03-2012)
    Old 05-01-2012, 07:52 PM   #29
    KennyD1
    (male)

Today is 6 days without tramadol. Even though I still use hydro's I am feeling really good. I have a mental clarity at this moment that I have not had for some time.

I must say that earlier my mind was a bit muddled and I suffered from anxiety.

Went for a 3 1/2 mile walk earlier. I felt good ! Last Friday I could not walk.

I still have the hydro's ahead of me. I have not been too aggressive there since learning the severity of tramadol.

My plan is to stay at 35 mg per day this week and move to 30 next week.

I just read Carolyn's success story. For anyone that needs to know it can be done I recommend your read it. She was rightfully called a "ROCKSTAR!"

Old 05-02-2012, 12:00 PM   #30
    KennyD1
    (male)

Today is day 7 without tramadol. Last night I only woke up a couple of times. Not feeling too anxious.

Yesterday evening, I joked and laughed with my family. It has been awhile.

Today is good.

The following user gives a hug of support to KennyD1:
    froglady6g (05-02-2012)
    Closed Thread