It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• Seeking some Insight, Please!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-25-2012, 09:19 PM   #16
    katlin09
    Inactive
    (female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User
    Re: Seeking some Insight, Please!

I'll go out on a limb here, just don't be mad at me if I'm wrong....I would think you'd see some change, lessening by tomorrow...even if it's just "not as bad" here and there throughout the day. The fact that you've not had the other "worse" symptoms, i.e. bad gastric stuff, not sleeping at all, crazy anxiety, etc. is such a blessing....

You're really doing great, try to focus on the positives, you know the old, turn around mantra....."God, thanks for only giving me these few things to deal with, thanks so much for not loading me down with all of the awful withdrawal stuff and making me deal with it!"

Keep it up...working tomorrow may be a bit of a help acutally, keeping busy can help keep your mind off of the thrills and chills some. Another thing I thought of that might help with those is the "Therma-care" heat wraps, you can get at the pharmacy or superstores...they relax the "thrills" and warm you up from the chills.

Hang in there!

kat

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-26-2012, 07:00 AM   #17
    TestedFaith
    (male)

TestedFaith HB User

Good Morning guys, Thought I would post an update in my quest towards sobriety.

Just woke up to the morning of Day 4. Although I attempted to go to bed last night around 10pm, I did not actually fall asleep till about 4:30am..So I got roughly 2 hours sleep, If that. Aside from that, It feels almost as if the Skin chills and thrills get worse towards the night time.

My symptoms are still the same, Although I do get episodes where I feel comfortable in my own skin, Like right now. However it does not last as long as I'd like, Heh. *Stomach/Intestines are fine* Knock on wood. Again, Only symptoms to note of are insomnia, and the skin chills/thrills. Energy wise, I don't feel too bad in all honesty, Which is great as I have to go to work in an hour. I will post another update towards the end of day 4 later tonight.

Cheers.

Old 05-26-2012, 09:29 PM   #18
    TestedFaith
    (male)

TestedFaith HB User

Well here I am, End of day 4 baby! However, Some of my symptoms have yet to subside. Today at work was tough, very tough as I have a physical job, So I was most definitely feeling some intense pains in my back. However the Lord kept me together! The skin thrills we're gone as long as I was working, However the chills drove me crazy all day. Mood wise I was in good spirits, Cramps/Intestines are normal *knock on wood*.

Right now I'm getting the skin chills and thrills back like clockwork before bed, but I'm hoping and praying I am soo close to turning the corner where this stuff subsides.

Katlin09 - You were 100% correct when you said the Good Lord carried some of the burden of symptoms for me.. He said himself, He will not give us more than we can handle. Praise God man!

I'm certainly not doing this alone and of my own self strength, My success thus far is largely in part because of the Lord. I can just feel it, That he is about to show me a blessing he's been trying to show me for many years. There is not a shadow of a doubt that the Lord is not mentally and physically involved through this..Because if he weren't, There is no way I would be as on fire for God as I am now.

I'm certainly not through this yet, but I hope this thread maybe 1, 2 or many years from now will give someone the encouragement they need.

Old 05-26-2012, 11:06 PM   #19
    katlin09
    Inactive
    (female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

Glad your day was good and you made it through work. Keep those positive spirits up, they can make all the difference.

Kat

Old 05-27-2012, 09:05 AM   #20
    TestedFaith
    (male)

TestedFaith HB User

Just woke up to the morning of day 5 and It's hard to judge where I am right now with just waking up. I did however get a decent amount of sleep last night which was a blessing. I've had a few chills and thrills this morning but well see how things progress as the day goes on. Mood wise I'm a little groggy, but lacking my normal energy level. I have YET to be able to come home and do things I would do otherwise...like actually use my hands to screw around on the internet, etc. hold my phone, or read my bible. Most the time I just want to cross my arms together and watch old football games or tv.

After 108 Hours of cold turkey detox, I sure would love to know when these chills and thrills will go away.

Old 05-27-2012, 09:29 AM   #21
    katlin09
    Inactive
    (female)

Oooh, don't do that.....don't measure it in hours. Hours make it seem like you've been doing it forever. Stick with days and when you're having a not so great moment in the morning, try to remember that yesterday wasn't so bad.

Even though you don't fee like it, you need to force yourself up and out, if your not working today, don't sit around feeling yuck and sorry for yourself....get out in the sunshine (great chill cure), take a walk, your going to have to do some things to get your energy level back. You dont' realize, but by doing nothing, not eating well, not getting fresh air, excercise....you make the lethargy/lack of energy worse...just like a car, your body has to have fuel to make it go.

Hang in there,

Kat

Old 05-27-2012, 07:24 PM   #22
    TestedFaith
    (male)

TestedFaith HB User

I'm alive at the end of Day 5. Work was again difficult, The Thermacare heatpacks helped, but I was still in noticeable pain. Other symptoms included sweaty underarms, lack of energy and chills..I was also cold when it clearly was not which also annoyed me. Oh and the yawning, Please Lord make THAT go away, My goodness, Every 4 seconds.

Now that I'm home I'm getting the chills and skin thrills back slightly, Although I'm praying they DO NOT get worse like they do just before bedtime. Aside from that, All other symptoms linked to W/D are non existent. I'm in pretty good spirits as I try to continue to stay extremely close to God. He MOST DEFINITELY is carrying most of the burden that comes with withdrawals...Take it from me, The best medicine for ANY drug withdrawal is the Good Lord himself!

Tomorrow being Day 6, I hope the tides begin to turn and I "notice" my symptoms going the other way...for the better.

My next day off is Thursday, So I HOPE and PRAY I feel better by then, Which would be....Day 9!

God is good, God is Love!

Last edited by TestedFaith; 05-27-2012 at 07:36 PM.

Old 05-27-2012, 08:26 PM   #23
    katlin09
    Inactive
    (female)

Are you taking anything to help with the back pain, such as Aleve, or Ibuprofen? Might want to add that in to help manage that pain, so it doesn't get mixed in with what you think are WD symptoms.

Once again, try a nice really hot bath before bed to help fight the chills/thrills and make you relax and be ready for sleep.

Sending prayers your way for a better tomorrow.

Kat

Old 05-27-2012, 10:02 PM   #24
    TestedFaith
    (male)

TestedFaith HB User

Oh believe me, I'm all over the hot baths, Whenever possible. I do take Ibuprofen while at work along with the heat patches, but I'm still hurting. I'm just hoping it's a side effect of the W/D....As I know increased pain is part of W/D.

Kat, Thank you soo much for following me through with this, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! Praying for me means more to me than your posts, I appreciate it.

Anyhow, Day 6, WHERE YOU AT!?!?!

As I progress through this and read God's word AND listen for him, I'm getting visions and messages that he's behind all of this. And all he's asking me to do is Trust him. I got chills typing that, Wow.

Old 05-28-2012, 07:35 AM   #25
    Tysmom1
    Inactive
    (female)

Tysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB User

Hi tested faith! Welcome and congratulations on making it this far. I can tell you from experience that you are just about through the worst of it. In fact, it should be just about gone. Every person has a different experience with withdrawl. Sometimes the same person has a different experience every time they go through withrawal. You are doing all I know to do as far as home remedies go.

One thing that I do encourage you to do. Be prepared for the mental withdrawal. You are probably already experiencing some, but usually the physical is so prominent in early withdrawal that we focus only on that. Once you start to feel physically better, you are going to be hit with all of these emotions. Depression, cravings, obsessing about your DOC, anxiety, restlessness, and sometimes the sleeplessness can linger for a while which makes these symptoms seem magnifed. This and only this, was what caused my relapse. I've made it 8 days again, however i did choose to use suboxone this time. I've never used it before, but I have tried every other alternative I've heard of. This was a personal decision for me. It was also an educated one. So far, it's turned out to be a very good decision. It's allowed me to focus on geting a plan in place and supports in place for when I have that day that I want to use. I know it's coming, I just never know when. But I no longer obsess, or romanticize it. I don't even miss it. I feel like my old self again. I am having to learn how to deal with raw and real emotions that come up. Thats the hard part. But I'm talking to other people about some personal issues and problems I have going on, or upcoming, and its helped tremendously. Enough about me.

You sound great considering you are early in sobriety. That's very inspiring to me and I'm sure a lot of other people. I guess bottom line is, I hope you take my advice and get yourself set up with some support, outside these boards, to have in place to utilize when needed. Of course, we will always be here. You just never know how soon you will get a response. You cant compare dialing someones number and having a voice on the other end of the line to help. And if you have local supports, 9 times out of 10, they will show up if need be. So, at least think about it, i'd hate to hear you fall back after coming through the worst part of it. You are doing great!!!!!!!

Good luck and keep up the good work!

The Following User Says Thank You to Tysmom1 For This Useful Post:
    TestedFaith (05-28-2012)
    Old 05-28-2012, 07:57 AM   #26
    TestedFaith
    (male)

TestedFaith HB User

Thank you for the kind words of encouragement Kelly!

I feel inclined to talk about something else I'm going through. I know many are not Christians, but some are and may know what I'm talking about. For years I've been on Narcotics for back pain...But for the longest time I've questioned whether or not my pain was being enhanced because of my subsequent abuse of the drugs. Anyhow, I finally cried out to the Lord, and all of a sudden my dealers are "Out". I never ONCE blamed God, Instead I opened my heart into believing this is something that MUST go, No questions asked, Per the Big man upstairs. So here I am, 6 days sober and staying strong. Furthermore, I've been saved for 14 years, and Not ONCE, Until NOW, Do I see and feel the Lord is working in my life..I don't know what it is he's doing, but I have a very surreal overwhelming feeling that he's up to something and about to make a move in mylife, and it's always great. My thoughts....All I had to do was yield.

Finally, My symptoms. Last night was the first night I was actually knocked out within an hour and got a full nights rest. On top of that, The RLS and Skin chills/thrills were noticeably absent, Although there, Not enough to affect my sleep. My back pain is gone, as it usually is when I'm not laboring work, but hey, I ain't complaining. Intestinal and cramps symptoms have never been present *knocks on wood*, Anxiety same thing, Not a big deal. Energy levels do feel a little stronger today, and I will get a true feel of that today while at work. In terms of the Yawning and cold chills, Those are still very much present and anxiously await for those to take a hike to hell where they belong. Spirit wise, I'm Alive and on Fire for God Baby!

A big part of all this was calling the Lord's own word to front and center. He will never give us more than we can handle and we should hand over our burdens, fears, etc to HIM, Because God Almighty is the ONLY one who can truly handle them.

I'll of course do my follow up update later tonight after work and Memorial family BBQ.

I thank all those who have followed me through this from the bottom of my heart, Thank you!

God is Good, God is Love.

Last edited by TestedFaith; 05-28-2012 at 08:02 AM.

Old 05-28-2012, 09:32 PM   #27
    TestedFaith
    (male)

TestedFaith HB User

I promised I would keep you guys updated so here is another one.

Day 6 is coming to an end, and I'm slowly starting to see a reversal of the effects.

Main symptoms now are confined to being cold and having constant yawning and chills...During the evenings the RLS and skin thrills make a comeback, but as each day expires I notice they are ever slowly getting less intensive.

Tomorrow will mark Day 7, And I gotta tell ya I never thought I would ever have the strength to get through hour 12, Much less a week. You see, There is a problem in the last sentence I just wrote...."My strength"....I did NOT get through this with my own strength, No way. The strength needed and used was that of the Lord, It's the only way I've gotten this far. I'm still not out of the woods, Yet, I know that. But the fact I've come this far, I'm 100% confident the Lord will carry me the rest of the way.

Today at work I had a sense of clarity I haven't had in nearly 8 years. People around me are finding me humorous, Instead of being of "dry humor".

I'm realizing my back pain, While there, Is not what I thought it was. I know my left leg is a good 1/2" shorter than my right and I know that can cause back problems after many years..Yet I've never tried to rectify the situation. Rather I just popped more pills till the pain went away. I'm finding the will power to begin working out again to strengthen a weakened back. Again, I don't know if that is the cause of my back pain, Or if it was when I taught BJJ and was involved in a sparring accident. However, I know the Lord is releasing me of the Devils drug to show me, With a clear and clean body and soul that just by chance, My back issues might not be as bad I always believed.

I feel like I'm getting my mind, body, soul and life back. On top of that, I've destroyed the wall that's been getting between me and the Lords true Love and blessings.

I hope this serves as a testament to others on just how much the Lord can strengthen us and lead us out of difficult times. Not only that, He can TAKE a HUGE load of the withdrawals from you, because he of course can handle them while we may not be able to take the burden of them all. There is only one explanation into how I only experienced a fraction of what many suffer with W/D.

I pray for those on this board going through W/D, That the Lord strengthens, guides and comforts you during these difficult times. I pray that you test the Lord yourself in the sense that he will be involved in your battle, But at the same time you MUST, MUST, MUST Trust him 100%.

God is Good, God is Love!

For those that have followed me and I hope continue to follow me, You guys are such a blessing to this board and the folks that need someone to talk to.

To Katlin09, Tysmom1, Opiate1 - I genuinely thank you for sticking with me and giving me very encouraging words of love, support and remedies..

Last edited by TestedFaith; 05-29-2012 at 07:51 AM.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: TestedFaith
    katlin09 (05-29-2012),Tysmom1 (05-29-2012)
    Old 05-29-2012, 07:21 AM   #28
    katlin09
    Inactive
    (female)

Keep up the hard work my friend, you're doing great!

Kat

Old 05-29-2012, 07:50 AM   #29
    TestedFaith
    (male)

TestedFaith HB User

Beginning of Day 7 Update:

Symptoms at this point.

Had a little trouble falling asleep last night with my left arm having the thrills, However I took a benadryl and subsequently got my 8 hours.

Aside from that I still have the chills and sensitivity to normal temperatures..(Feeling cold when It's really not)

Aside from the aforementioned, All other symptoms are resting uncomfortably in hell!

Energy levels are rising to the point I'm going to pull out the sport bike and ride it to work today.

I'll do a follow up this evening!

Good day to you all, and my continued prayers to those that are still enduring.

Old 05-29-2012, 07:58 PM   #30
    TestedFaith
    (male)

TestedFaith HB User

Know what today is....The END of Day 7.

Know what I'm "learning" as well....That my pain can be managed without the devils drug. Praise God Baby!!!

Symptom wise, I'm still having some chills and cold flashes, BUT, I'm noticing they are getting better. Mood and feeling wise, I'm O.K, But Instead I'm choosing to see my glass as half full, So I'm doing pretty darn good. As each day progresses, My symptoms lesson, So I'm most definitely coming down from this ordeal.

It's hard to say I feel normal, Because quite frankly, I haven't known what normal was since my late teens. I can say I'm getting noticeable energy back as I just about rocked it at work today in terms of having to deal with a lot of phyical intensive labor.

Anyhow, This ain't over, and I'm not going to leave this till it is, So others can follow it through start to finish...I know as I went into this I looked for blogs if you will that detailed a persons daily fight through W/D and what helped them.

Best Medicine so far for me has been the Lord my God!

TestedFaith!

Closed Thread