It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• Please help!!! Hydrocodone withdrawal

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-06-2013, 09:49 PM   #1
    Lacismommy
    (female)

Lacismommy HB User
    Please help!!! Hydrocodone withdrawal

I'm new here so I'm not even sure if I'm posting in the right spot but I've been battling with addiction for about 5 years now. I've read so many stories so I thought it would help to get a little support from you guys

It started after I had my daughter back in 2008. I started taking hydrocodone, percocet, etc. Basically whatever I could get my hands on. Well that went on until September 2011 started taking methadone. 40mg and day from September 2011 - June 2012. I came clean to my grandmother & stayed with her for about 3 weeks. She helped me so much. Slipped a few times and found myself on the hydrocodone again

I'm so tired of this!!!! I love my daughter more than anything in this world & I want us to have a good life. I have the most amazing family. They would do absolutely anything for me and my daughter but since I started taking these again I'm just so ashamed that I've let everyone including myself down. I'm more than ready to do this.

Since I've been taking the hydrocodone & percocet again there's not really a certain amount I take. If I have 10 then the 10 will be gone the same day but there's also times I may only have 1 or 2 that day but 99% of the time I have at least something for the day.

I took my last few percocets Thursday at 10:00 pm (96 hours ago) Friday night I tossed and turned and was sweating (sooo annoying) by Saturday I got 30mg of methadone (havent took methadone in about a year) I didn't take it all at once. Instead I took 10mg Saturday, 10mg Sunday, and 10mg Monday (today). I have NO MORE METHADONE & I'm NOT getting any. I thought maybe it would help & it wouldn't prolong the withdrawals but now I've read that it could???? Don't know what to think.

I realize my habit isn't like some of the habits out there but I definitely have withdrawals when I stop (depression, fatigue, insomnia, cold chills, sweating, body aches) BUT I KNOW I can get over it & move past these horrible last 5 years. I was thinking it would help me so much to get support from you guys & have somewhere to check into each day to have people to talk to. i think thats whats hurting my progress so bc I havent opened up about my problem since i qui the methadone last year. Tomorrow I have NOTHING & I don't want it either.

So I guess my questions is.... Do you think it's just prolonged the withdrawals by taking the methadone for 3 days??? Or should I be in the clear?

Thanks so much & hopefully someone will respond

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-07-2013, 01:41 AM   #2
    Lacismommy
    (female)

Lacismommy HB User
    Re: Please help!!! Hydrocodone withdrawal

Anyone????

Old 05-07-2013, 07:33 AM   #3
    Jimsbride
    (female)

Jimsbride HB User

I can't answer about the methadone but I do wish you well for your recovery.

Old 05-10-2013, 02:37 PM   #4
    Lacismommy
    (female)

Lacismommy HB User

I would like to say I haven't had anything since Monday. It is now Friday evening & I'm feeling pretty darn good.

24 hours after my last perc I started having wds then sat sun and mon I took 10mg of methadone. I never started the wds again after the methadone! I know it's still very early for me but just wanted to post

Today I have been pretty depressed so about an hour ago I got up ran for a few mins, played with my daughter, and got the dishes washed!

I feel pretty good right now! A lot better than an hour ago!

Best wishes to everyone!!

Old 05-13-2013, 11:26 AM   #5
    Jimsbride
    (female)

Jimsbride HB User

Congratulations! After my first week I thought I had it licked then day 10 came! The worse day ever!!! It took three days of going down until I completely crashed. But then began to slowly improve again. Then in day 21 I went into a horrible depression for 3 days and feel wonderful today which is day 27.

So I guess I am trying to encourage you to ride this like a wave sweetie! When you have a bad day jus accept it as part of your body healing that is if you can't push through it like you just mentioned (woohoo for that!). And when you get the good days got r done!!!! Lol!

I am cheering for you! You are strong and you can do this!!!

Closed Thread

Tags
    hydrocodone, methadone, percocet, withdrawal