It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• Addicted to NASAL SPRAY!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-18-2002, 03:59 AM   #1
    sabour3

sabour3 HB User
    Post Addicted to NASAL SPRAY!

I went to a doctor because I have been addicted to Nasal Spray for the past 4 years. She put me on FLONASE. Anyone know how long before I'm better again?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-18-2002, 10:05 AM   #2
    Capri38

Capri38 HB User
    Smile

Sabour,
    You'll probably start feeling better in about a week, sometimes 2, depending on how long you've been using the nasal spray. I've been through the same thing before, but I also used to work for an Ear Nose and Throat Doctor and we saw a lot of patients with the same problem. It might be helpfull to use an oral decongestant with the Flonase, but I would advise that you check with you doctor first.
    Good luck!

Old 06-04-2002, 05:23 PM   #3
    jerriel

jerriel HB User
    Sabour my daughter had the same problem at 10 years old she had many allergies and was getting a rebound reaction from these inhalers what I did was got her druggist to start diluting the spray with water and that made it easier for her to stop using them. Ihave had a lot of experiance with this stuff myself because i have had cancer of the nasal area for many years its important to keep the nasal passage moist and a little saline will do just that also keep some moisture in your bedroom and I am sure that will help good luck

Old 06-04-2002, 10:48 PM   #4
    mel333
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

mel333 HB User
    I am also addicted to nasal spray drixine and have been taking it for about 10 years. I am taking beconaze in attempts to get off the drixine and have found it has limited my dosage. I get terrible migranes and they seem to be often directly caused by the clogged sinises. Good luck and let me know what the the one is your using cause I have not heard of it . is it the drug or brand name?
    Mel

Closed Thread