It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• Vicodin, Valium, Soma - Moderate Alcohol Use?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-22-2002, 01:03 PM   #1
    Houston858

Houston858 HB User
    Question Vicodin, Valium, Soma - Moderate Alcohol Use?

Should have put this in my other post....

Is there any real danger to drinking (scotch or vodka) IN MODERATION while taking Soma, Vicodin, or Valium? Or do they put the label on the bottles because alcohol could just intensity the affect?

I feel like a drink would relax me - and my doctor has constantly told me that my back pain will always be worse when I am tense...

Thanks!

jh

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-22-2002, 01:48 PM   #2
    Frankie

Frankie HB User
    Please do not listen to that ole myth, that, "oh you don't have an addictive personality." Because just like the 1 vicodan wasn't working for you so you went up to two, eventually two is not going to work and you will go up to 3 and so on. It's inevitable. Your talking about a substance your body gets physically dependent upon and you will not be able to function normally w/o taking them, even when your not in pain.
    Before i was on heroin i was taking all sorts of pain killers everywhere from vicodan to oxycontin, and they all started out with taking one. Your body WILL build up a tolerance and you will be taking more and more just to feel normal.

As far as the alcohol comes into play with the benzos, your skating on thin ice there. Benzos meaning your valium, xanax, etc... You can take like 1 or 2 valium, start drinking and turn right into a vegitable. No joke. So all in all. It doesn't matter if you have an addictive personallity or not, what you are taking is alot of chemicals that your body is starting to get used to, and the longer you go on with it the more your body will need and the harder it will be to get off. Hope this helped you a bit. All the best,

Frankie

Old 06-22-2002, 02:13 PM   #3
    Houston858

Houston858 HB User
    Thanks Frankie - for the first time I hear what I have believed to be the truth for a long time.

Any suggestions? My doctor will NOT take me off of the meds because he says if he does, he will have to do surgery to put in some kind of catheter or pump device.

john

Closed Thread