It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• Meth-can one time use cause permanent effects?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-21-2002, 08:06 AM   #1
    Twitchy
    (male)

Twitchy HB User
    Post Meth-can one time use cause permanent effects?

Hello all,
    A very dear friend of mine tried meth (smoking) and believes it may have affected her. She gets paranoid a lot, lets her imagination run away when hearing normal house-settling noises, and has trouble concentrating and remembering things. She also sometimes has times where her heart will race for no apparent reason and the doctors say nothing is wrong. She swears she only did it once and this was around 4 years ago. I think she is probably just naturally paranoid and jittery and is using the meth as an explanation. Any advice? Thanks,
    AL

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-21-2002, 08:29 AM   #2
    Frankie

Frankie HB User
    I think you should consider sitting down with your friend and having a long talk with her and ask her if she is telling you the absolute truth. She/He could be lieing and be on one of the many drugs that make you paranoid, <Cocaine>, etc... If you feel she/he is telling the absolute truth i would consider he/she seeing a Dr. about this. Hope this helped,

Frank

Old 06-21-2002, 09:50 AM   #3
    Squirrel-1

Squirrel-1 HB User
    I agree with Frank. I do not think using Speed one time will invoke the type of paranoia that your friend is experienceing. I would wonder if she is still not using. But, like Frank states there are other drugs that cause Paranoia.

Old 07-02-2002, 10:05 PM   #4
    hulagirl

hulagirl HB User
    Exclamation

twitchy is it!? I do believe the meth could cause this. Meth is man made and can be made with all kinds of bad chemicals that have very bad if not fatal effects! Cocaine is very different compared to meth I believe it is even classified as a different drug. I think your friend should seek a doctor to make sure she didn't mess up her head. Acid is also man made and it only takes one time. I would also have her tell you who gave it to her because other people could be getting sick or crazy from this stuff too.
    I hope your friend gets better HuLa

Old 07-18-2002, 11:41 AM   #5
    cAsPeR179

cAsPeR179 HB User
    Red face

Hi, I don't if it's too late to post this but here I go. Doing Speed (Meth) only one time can not affect you . Especially when it has been over 4 years ago. I was on Meth (Smoking) for like 6 years, of course I'm clean now. It might be your friend is not telling you the truth or she's on something else. I heard that being on diet pills like Metabolife or Xenedrine ( anything with epedrine or Ma Huang) can have the similar feeling of being on Speed. I suggest you should talk to her.

Closed Thread